Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am not adjusting well to this time change and I'm still half asleep, so keeping this brief.

@TerriRichardson112 May I please have a shamrock for the 10th 😁

Yesterday 3/10:

1. Log all food😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for walk😁
    4. Finish work at 5:20😁
    5. Do workout😁

JFT 3/11:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for walk
    4. Finish work at 5:20
    5. Cook dinner
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans. Jeans?
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website. Print Slide directions. Print Character Analysis rubric.
    3. Class A: NRI practice - test Thursday. HVV to VVH; Character analysis Slides. Review signups.
    4. Class B: Writing grammar. Test review. NRI?
    5. Planning: Enter grades. Eval homework research and enter. Review and adjust plans. Update Goodreads.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Elliptical. Play practice. Take poetry projects to play practice. Yoga with core/balance work. Email B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Monday - Vocab Week 4. Challenge book 2 discussion Friday; update due Monday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    Today: 197.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. Practice finished up earlier than anticipated last night (though still not early). But at least I was able to get six hours of sleep. I'm feeling better today than I thought I would - more hopeful about making it through the week!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,382 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (29 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

Aubrette: (aubyshortcake)
    ☘☘☘☘☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,24,27)
    ☘️☘️☘☘☘☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,

Terri: (TerriRichardson112)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ Feb: 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,

Gwen: (beachwalker)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,24,25,26,27,29
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,6,

Hannah: (HEGoddard)
    ☘️ (Feb 26,
    ☘️ ☘️
    (Mar: 1,7,

Carmela: (cschmitz110515)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,21,25,27
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,5,6,7,

Jennifer: (jeschepp)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,25,26,27
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,3,6,7,8,10,

Lisa: (SERmom3)
    ☘☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,
    ☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,10,

Jen: (withgoodfirm)
    (Feb

Joan: (mytime6630)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19, 22,24,25,26
    ☘️ (March 8,

Tracie: (Snowflake1968)
    ☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 19,22,25

ZizzyBumble
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,29,
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,

Nikki: (pridesabtch)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 18,19,20,22,25,

Bookmeister
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,20,24,26,
    ☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,4,9,

Please check that I haven’t missed any shamrocks.

Just to clarify things, being in the green means being under or at your calorie goal for the day. If you are under goal, you get a green figure, hence ‘in the green’. You decide your own calorie goal.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

TUESDAY:
    1. Weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :) 12,642
    3. 5 freggies :)
    4. 10C liquids :)
    5. walk on at least two work breaks :)
    6. walk 30 minutes after work :)
    7. 90 minutes tango :) front ochos, back ochos and paradas---oh my!
    8. 6 hrs sleep :( could swear I got at least 4 hours, but the Fitbit says 1h52m :(

WEDNESDAY:
    1. Weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 5 freggies
    4. 10C liquids
    5. walk on at least two work breaks
    6. rest--go to bed early
    7. 6 hrs sleep
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    3/10
    1. Yoga - yes
    2. Log everything - yes
    3. Walk 30 minutes - yes
    4. One meal out (didn't end up eating out so I'm counting this as a yes)

3/11
    1. Yoga
    2. Pretrack food
    3. Log all food
    4. Stay within calorie goal
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Embera wrote: »
    Can anyone join this I know it's not January but I'm starting over again and this looks like a great reason to log on every day

My goals to start is just logging everything even if im over limit. I get discouraged quickly so that is alot for me. I need to up my water intake I swear im always dehydrated. Me and my partner are working getting a gym membership. Other goals are to keep up on dishes ... Dose anyone else have that issue.

Always looking for more friends feel free to add me. Sorry if i intruded but I'm done now. Have a great day.

I think your plan is a great one! It's actually how I usually approach my weightloss goals. I just log whatever even if it's over, because then I can look back and see where I'm actually going wrong and what I need to work on :)
    @Bex953172 - Biscuits and gravy...kind of like fish fingers and custard ;)

But seriously, homemade from scratch biscuits and gravy can actually be pretty good. My mother-in-law made the best biscuits! So light and flaky that even a Yankee like me would eat them. The gravy is made by frying up a bunch of breakfast sausage (preferably a little spicy) and making a white pan gravy from the drippings. I learned to make them for my husband who grew up south of the Mason-Dixon line. (It's mainly a Southern thing.) Not pretty, and definitely not low calorie! I only make them a couple of times a year. The biscuits are a pain and never as good as my MIL's, but it's worth the smile I get from my DH.

Lmfao see if you asked for biscuits and gravy over here you'd probably end up getting what you call "cookies" and the kind of been gravy you could put on a roast dinner lmao!!
    @kathsk53 - what part of Canada are you in?
    I’m also in Canada.

I agree in biscuits and gravy not being good, I do know what it is though I have travelled in the States a bit.

@Bex953172 - I was 18 when I moved to Toronto from small town New Brunswick. I only had three stations on tv growing up and really didn’t know a lot about the world. Anyway, one of my bosses when I started working was from England. She calls me and asks me to “knock her up in the morning”. I didn’t know what to make of it. In my teenage mind, knock her up meant her her pregnant. Lol

JFT - tuesday March 10
    2L of water - 👿
    log all food - 🙂
    Move for 15 minutes - 👿
    Calories in green - 👿
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Wednesday March 11
    2L of water
    log all food
    Move for 15 minutes
    Calories in green
    Gratitude Journal

Went and had my eyes tested tonight, it’s been about 2 years since I had them tested last time, about the time that I started on this board.

Anyway my wonderful new benefits makes glasses so affordable! I ordered a pair and should have them in a couple weeks.

Sorry I can’t find time to respond to everyone, I am reading religiously though.

Haha how weird! I immediately thought pregnant but I Ann aware of that saying but I'm wondering if that's more of a southern thing. Ones I'm sure I've heard round up north are "hit me up" and "give me a buzz " haha

I was speaking to someone recently and he just couldn't understand the whole tea thing over here.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 Also reading books on habits "Atomic Habits" by James Clear & "Tiny Habits" BJ Fogg - sounds like similiar thinking but I want to start following thru on good intentions that fizzle before the day ends. I'll lay in bed thinking a, b, c and completely do the opposite.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @cory17 I find it really really interesting. And the awesome thing about my mini habits is that they take all of about 5 minutes. They're so easy to do but they can also be the spark I need to go beyond just the small thing and do more.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

So I just read this book called Mini Habits for Weight Loss by Stephen Guise. I pretty much devoured it. It's all about setting really easy goals that can turn into habits that you can build off of. The point of the easy goals are to be something that takes almost no effort to do but can jump start you into doing "bonus reps" or more than just that simple goal. As one of my mini habits is to walk to the end of my personal driveway. But if I decide to walk farther then that Woohoo! But it's not required. It's just super easy. Another is to eat an extra serving of fruit. So if I decide to maybe have some carrots later in the afternoon than Woohoo. But if I only eat the fruit than I've still hit my goal. The premise of it is to be able to meet these goals on your worst possible day.

I will have to also check this book ... thank you for the idea. I did a "study" with BJ Fogg last year ... where they had you do one small, tiny habit, but do it at the same time you do a regular, established habit. Mine was drinking water after I brush my teeth .. or taking my vitamin after brushing teeth. It works doing it that way!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT M 3/8
    1) Net calories green / 14c water
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) X-train after work
    4) Evening: 2 loads laundry / prep clothes for possibility of after work hike T at Ducks Gathering (on wait list again) / at least 1-2 other to-do's
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & no tv 10

Sunrise after 7 a.m. again, very dreary day and feeling jealous of @PackerFanInGB and retired friends/family snowbirding in warmer climes right now. Rain forecast all afternoon & evening, may turn to snow mix overnight. On bright side, when walking dog Friday evening I heard Canadian geese in flight to the north ~ sure sign of approaching spring!

Shamrock Challenge: 12X (17,18,19,21,25,27,1,2,3,5,6,8)

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes Mar.
    Word for 2020: Persist

Do you know when she's back from snowboarding? :)

I think she's on vacation all this week. Pretty sure she's not snowboarding. A snowbird is a northerner spending time in a southern, warmer area during winter. :D

LMFAO!!!!!

I thought it was a typo for snowboarding
    I'm laughing like an idiot now haha needed a good laugh! Lol

OMG! This is awesome! Hahaha! @Bex953172 do you see why I miss you so much? I’m actually in Arizona escaping the snow, although it’s been only in the 60’s and raining almost the whole week! But we are having a great time!

I met my niece and nephew for the first time yesterday! My sister (half sister...same dad) lives in Alaska and her family is here now too. Has been so great to see them!

I’m trying to read and catch up but not keeping strict track since it’s my vacation. 😊

@mytime6630 How is your husband doing on the hormone therapy? I feel for him. It’s not fun. I’m glad the percentage is so much better! Sending you hugs
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Kuhl50 wrote: »
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀

Wednesday Action Plan
    1. Wake 0600, pill, run app—W5D3, yoga, pill. 🤨—didn’t feel 100%, chose to walk. Forgot to yoga!!!
    2. Pack salad + protein + apple + water bottle for lunch 😀—worked at home, but this is what I ate
    3. Healthy breakfast😀
    4. healthy lunch😀
    5. Get home by 5:30 to feed/let out dog— worked from home...😀
    6. Finish returns👿—decided to prep and roast a lot of vegetables for lunches/dinners instead
    7. Upstairs by 9, 👿journal, 😀lights out 9:30👿

Another work from home day (COVID-19 safety measures). Terrible for getting in movement—was 0/10 for getting 250 steps per hour. At least I walked in the morning and took the dog for another walk in the evening. Going in tomorrow just to have a better ergonomic setup!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Thursday Action Plan
    1. Wake 0600, pill, run app—W5D3, yoga, pill
    2. Pack salad + protein + apple + water bottle for lunch
    3. Healthy breakfast at work
    4. Choose healthy lunch
    5. Leave at 3 for home
    6. Pick up eggs
    7. Dinner: omelette + veggies
    8. Take vitamins
    9. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30