Holiday weight spike!

Replies

• SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I went on a cruise and ate and drank what I wanted, subject to trying to do it slowly and be mindful of when I had eaten enough. I did hit the gym every day, though. I gained 6lb in 2 weeks, which is roughly what I was expecting. I am also expecting/hoping that only about 2lb is actually fat (I didn't log but kept some track of what I was doing).
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    As expected, I've dropped the first few pounds easily. Now for the hard part... :#
  • mk820820
    mk820820 Posts: 49 Member
    Lost 4 lbs. thanksgiving week. Lost 1 lb. more by Dec. 26. Weighed Dec 28 and had gained 10 lbs.
    I didn't do it. Took a week for it to go away and have lost 2 lbs since.
  • eaglebob1960
    eaglebob1960 Posts: 11 Member
    I gained five, mostly due to traveling without exercise. I've lost three already. Back to my routines!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    @mk820830 and @eaglebob1960: have at it; show the bod who's boss!

@angmarie28 totally not fair! I'd rather gain a little weight. (file under "be careful what you wish for")
  • gremloBBPT
    gremloBBPT Posts: 51 Member
    I gained 6 but it's gone now. It came off very quickly, so I guess it was all just water weight. I thought some of it would be a real gain, but apparently I wasn't consuming as many calories as it felt like I was. Very nice when it's that way and not the opposite. ;)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    @gremloBBPT : Sweet. So, what behavior did you change that made a whopping 6lbs stick to your ribs and then decide to head south? It's all very interesting, I think.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    I haven't weighed myself in months so I don't know. I'll probably weigh myself in a couple of days because I just did a transatlantic flight and I often maintain water. I ate a lot when I was in California visiting family, but I also did a few runs a week, went swimming and to the gym once, and did some yoga and such. One day I hiked over 10 miles. The last time I weighed I was about 156. I reckon I'm no more than 158-159. I plan to be a bit stricter with food for a few weeks and it'll trend back down.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    @sammidelvecchio : easy on, easy off, I hope! Near me, the weather's cold and we're all hidden under our coats. But, bikini season is just around the corner!

(JK. I don't care what my flabby body looks like. I just care about my health.)
  • gremloBBPT
    gremloBBPT Posts: 51 Member
    @gremloBBPT : Sweet. So, what behavior did you change that made a whopping 6lbs stick to your ribs and then decide to head south? It's all very interesting, I think.

Well, I thought some scrumptious indulgences played a real role in that gain. But I guess it was mostly water weight from flying and maybe from having more booze than is my norm.

That it was only water weight is a wonderful Christmas present. ;)

Congrats on dropping the first few already!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    As of Jan 3 I was up 15 lbs. Yes, 15.

You may be the winner! (Sorry)

Anyway, new year, new you.
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
    edited January 2020
    I was up about 3-4 pounds after the holidays. I did a week of of 2/5 intermittent fasting. 500 calories on the fast days, 1000 on the non-fast days ( my usual is 1300-1400). After that week back to my usual amount. The 2/5 fast really helped not only drop the pounds but also reset and go back to eating my usual amount which would have seen like I was depriving myself after all that holiday eating but which seemed like a lot after the 2/5 week. I did this once before after a vacation. It really helps me
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Update: called it. 159.2 yesterday and 158.4 today.

You have remarkable restraint in delayed weighing. I weigh myself almost every morning. Sometimes I weigh myself before bed as well!

Anyway, you can throw off those pounds pretty quickly, I imagine. Or, perhaps they're muscle and you should keep them. Hmmm...
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    edited January 2020
    Wow, I am still not there! What did I do this fall?

The first 4/8 wooshed off when I started my cut. Then I got a mini-spike over the weekend due (apparently) to doing a lot of running and cycling, not to mention the associated re-feed.

As of today, I'm at -4 from 1/1. I really want to get to -8 or -9. It doesn't sound like much, but it's always slow going!

How y'all doing?
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Wow, I am still not there! What did I do this fall?

The first 4/8 wooshed off when I started my cut. Then I got a mini-spike over the weekend due (apparently) to doing a lot of running and cycling, not to mention the associated re-feed.

As of today, I'm at -4 from 1/1. I really want to get to -8 or -9. It doesn't sound like much, but it's always slow going!

How y'all doing?

I went down 3 lbs of the 4 gained over holidays then went to visit family in Canada and went back up the 3 lbs.... Currently down 0.6 lbs of the total, 3.4 lbs to go *sigh*
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    @etherealanwar : If I can do it, you certainly can. I assume 4lbs is a full month of cutting plus several months of strict maintenance to make sure it doesn't immediately come back.

I've added in a self-imposed "dry January" plus a challenge of exercising every day in January, as much as possible outdoors. The weather has really been cooperating in that regard. (So far!) But, all that exercise makes me super hungry!