Which yogurt would you chose?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    People who demonize sugar don't make sense - they know nothing about it for a start, and it's easy to blame that on being fat.
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm only coming back to this thread now and want to say Thank you for all the replies :flowerforyou: it has been truly entertaining reading them tonight:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: My initial guess was there isn't significance difference in both options (however, how do you define "statistically significant" when it comes to yogurt, I don't know:wink: )

I grew up in a country where yogurt is such an important part of the daily diet, it's considered a "traditional food", my grandmother used to make her own and my parents still have one big tub plain yogurt a day, every day (500g that is, not my teeny weeny tub of 125g) However this is the first time I've come across such in-depth analysis of all the different types, brands, etc:laugh: :laugh: I know I was asking for it, but now I'm nearly sorry I asked:smile:

Anyway, thank you all for the feedback, once I click "post reply" here I'll be heading to my local online shop (Tesco, in case somebody has already done the comparison and can save me the time - feel free to message me:wink: ) and checking the nutritional labels of all brands of yogurts they stock.

Just in case somebody is wondering, Option 1 was Danone Activia with Muesli, Option 2 was Genisk Organic Low fat plain yogurt to which I added a big spoonful (15g) of Fruit and Nut oat granola. I really expected the mix to be way higher in protein and lower in carbs since I wasn't adding any extra sugar, however I was in for a surprise.

And to answer some of the other comments - I do eat variety of snacks, including chocolate:love: I have no problem staying within calories however I'd really like to increase the protein as I'm having very little. Don't like meat much, and nuts and cheese increase my fat macros too much so can't have too much of these either. Have a box of protein powder but don't like the taste (yet still pinch my nose and drink it occasionally)
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    People who demonize sugar don't make sense - they know nothing about it for a start, and it's easy to blame that on being fat.

The more I read about sugar, the more I believe that excess consumption is very undesirable. I like sucrose, and sugar derived from corn is in so many foods I eat I don't know what to do.
  • calx77
    calx77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Neither

Buy Greek Yogurt with 4-5 carbs in and make sure it has active living cultures. More the better.
    Add Berries, and Flaxseed meal to taste better and even more healthy.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

The more I read about sugar, the more I believe that excess consumption is very undesirable. I like sucrose, and sugar derived from corn is in so many foods I eat I don't know what to do.

Sugar is fine, enjoy it.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Serious yogurt thread is serious! Personally I will eat the one I like the taste of. I severely dislike most greek yogurts, especially plain.

^^This..If i am out of options for protein(vegetarian and getting in protein is a task for me :(), i will include greek yoghurt- but only flavored one. No way i can finish the plain one- ever!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Seems like you're majoring in the minors...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If you have a choice between these two, which would you go for, and why? I have the extra calories to spare and usual high on carbs and low on protein. Second one has slightly more calories and protein, but less sodium and sugar

Option 1: 118 cals, 17 carbs, 4 fat, 5 protein, 50 sodium, 16 sugar
    Option 2: 151 cals, 18 carbs, 6 fat, 8 protein, 2 sodium, 12 sugar

If those were the ONLY choices, and I already knew that I liked the taste of both, then I would go for option 2 because it is healthy fats you need and extra protein. Carbs are about the same, so it wouldn't make a difference to me.

Of course, another question would be how large is each serving? Obviously if option 1 refers to 8 ounces and option 2 refers to 6 ounces, then I would change my answer to option 1 so I could get a couple more spoonfuls for the heck of it.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I eat Kirkland Greek Yogurt (from Costco) 100 cal, 6 carbs, 18 protein, 0 fat (3/4 cup) when I need to bump my protein. Or another option is Mini Baby Bell Cheese 50 cal, 0 carbs, 6 protein, 3 fat.