Pear Shaped Women - Skinny jeans?

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Athleta Bettona Boyfriend jeggings...just ordered a second pair in Sangria!!! I love them! I wear my black ones with looser, longer tops...but not super baggy. I am 5'10" and am 220... a 16/18 in regular jeans. The jeggings I bought are XL Tall. Can't wait for this heat wave to end so I can wear them more!

Boyfriends wear jeggins? LOL.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    As a dude I'd only expect something like jeggings to probably fit a pear shaped female and not "skinny" jeans. Great hips are way more attractive than jeans that produce all sorts of camel toe.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I vote for pears to wear them! I'm a round apple lol but I wear them too!

Wear them and flaunt it girl!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I just don't look right in them. If I get skinny jeans that will go up over my thighs and butt, then they aren't 'skinny' anywhere else.
  • asaunders0923
    Options
    I am pear shaped and have TRIED to find skinny jeans that fit...they are usually so thin from the knee down I can't get them UP my legs! I have tried bigger sizes and then the waist is huge! I would love to find a pair that actually fit, but for now... I just fit my normal jeans into my awesome tall boots!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I've found them that fit...but, just because something fits, doesn't mean that it's flattering. I'm 5'5", and have a natural waist measurement of about 32.5 (about 38 at the bellybutton) and a hips measurement of about 49.5. Yeah. I've got a really super special kind of saddlebags. It's just bad news if I'm not wearing pants that are wider at the bottom (boot cut or wide leg, jeans or dress pants) to sort of balance out the butt area.

It's just the way of the world - not saying that no one with a pear shape can wear skinny jeans, but not all styles are appropriate for all body types, and THAT'S OK. You're much better off wearing something that flatters your shape than choosing something just because it's trendy at the moment.
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a pear of skinny jeans that I only like so-so, they have to be worn with the perfect top or I'll look stupid, (not to short, not to long). and the right shoes.

But I did just buy a pair of leggings which when trying on I was laughing at myself thinking of how ridiculous it would look, they look awesome! And the hubs likes them too! I bought a couple longer flowy tops for over them, but like them a lot. I'm still in shock that I like them and think maybe the mirror is tricking me!
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I avoid skinny jeans, but I love leggings/jeggings with longer/flowy tops. Other than that, I stick to dresses.
  • kochou
    kochou Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of skinny jeans. I do wear them sometimes, but only with knee high boots. I just don't think proportionately they look goo on me. I'm 5'4", 114 lbs and a size 24 or 25 in jeans. I prefer slim boot cuts that fall over my ankle boots.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I wear super skinny jeans and they fit me fine. At the end of the day, you should wear what you feel comfortable in. :)
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Im not a fan of skinnies on pear shaped women. I think it tends to make their *kitten* and thighs look much bigger than they actually are. Im a fan of wide leg trousers/jeans myself. Not everyones cup of tea I know. But I find they balance things. As someone else said I think they only people who look good in skinnies are basically skinny women with a very up-and-down figure.

for the most part I agree, there are a handful of overweight women that can pull it off but most cannot not to mention most have a lower cut waist which then creates a muffin top unless you are fit.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think it's a flattering style. I think a boot cut, or a slight flair, which elongates the entire line of the body from waist to foot, is more flattering for women with this body type.
    [/quote

I agree 100%. I don't like skinny jeans, so that makes my choice much easy.
  • shrinking_cylon
    shrinking_cylon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wear them with either high boots or a pair of heels. I just wear them like I would other jeans, and just rock the fact that I am a pear.

This this this. No shame in being a "pear" :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Im not a fan of skinnies on pear shaped women. I think it tends to make their *kitten* and thighs look much bigger than they actually are. Im a fan of wide leg trousers/jeans myself. Not everyones cup of tea I know. But I find they balance things. As someone else said I think they only people who look good in skinnies are basically skinny women with a very up-and-down figure.

for the most part I agree, there are a handful of overweight women that can pull it off but most cannot not to mention most have a lower cut waist which then creates a muffin top unless you are fit.

Pear shaped does not mean "overweight".
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear and I wear skinny jeans. I usually wear a flowy tunic shirt with them & my Coach sneakers.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I wear boot cut jeans usually but I have one pair of skinny jeans to wear with my long boots - they're so much easier to tuck in.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I just bought three pairs this weekend for the first time. I never thought they'd be flattering on my body (thighs for days), but they looked great. Like anything else, it depends on where you get them from.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I love skinnies on pear-shaped women. Skinnies are made for that type of body. Try being an apple! I have to alter the heck out of them.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Pear shaped does not mean "overweight".

And none of this is true.
  • WonderWana
    WonderWana Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a curvy girl I have towear them because they fit my waist better but I will wear a boot or flat. Also It depends on your top you have to wear shirts that covers your waist.