Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Bagels or doughnuts?

123457»

Replies

• kimny72kimny72 Member Posts: 15,216 Member Member Posts: 15,216 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    How can this even be a discussion.. lol.. Doughnuts win my vote every time! When that “HOT” sign is on @ Krispy Kreme; totally lures me in every time (thankfully I don’t live near one).

I do love bagels as well; a little cream cheese sprinkled with “Everything but the Bagel” seasoning. Admittedly; I’ve never bought a fresh one from a bagel shop, maybe that’s why they come in second?!

I think you've found the reason. I recommend going to find a really good bagel shop to find out.

To my amusement, I heard a thing on NPR the other day suggesting that New York City bagels are better because of something about the water. :lol: (It was a total aside, and pretty much intended as a joke, but in context of a larger story about the effects of local microflora/microfauna and local water mineral-content on foods' flavor/structure and such - I think it was on Science Friday, but I don't recall for certain.)

Many transplanted New Yorker business owners actually have NYC water shipped to them to use in their bagels or pizza dough. Most NYers will tell you it's the water.
  • ecjimecjim Member Posts: 855 Member Member Posts: 855 Member
    ecjim wrote: »
    How can this even be a discussion.. lol.. Doughnuts win my vote every time! When that “HOT” sign is on @ Krispy Kreme; totally lures me in every time (thankfully I don’t live near one).

I do love bagels as well; a little cream cheese sprinkled with “Everything but the Bagel” seasoning. Admittedly; I’ve never bought a fresh one from a bagel shop, maybe that’s why they come in second?!

Krispy Kreme - The lady knows good donuts

Who can resist hot fried sugar dough?😃 Actually my favorite donut shop is a local bakery near me; they make the most amazing yeast donuts that I’ve ever had!

It's addictive -