Vegan, vegetarian, plant based open diaries

Options
Looking to add some friends who follow Forks over knives, plant based, vegan, or vegetarian diets. I'm transitioning into plant based and I am looking to get a better idea of what veggie veterans eat.

Replies

• windra06
    windra06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly plant based but I will eat a slice of meat when I go to grandma's to keep her happy every few months.
    Making an effort to be 100% vegan right now. Didn't log over Xmas but have lots of public logs from before December and I've been logging again since last week.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat meat but I’m in the U.K. so I don’t know how useful that would be to you, since what and how I eat is probably quite different to you, in the USA. I very rarely eat out, make 99% of my food from scratch and rarely follow a recipe. I just wing it and log everything!

My diary is open to friends though.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    I've been an ovo-lacto vegetarian for 45+ years now. My diary is open to MFP friends, and you're welcome to send me a friend request if you want access to it. I'm a terrible MFP friend (don't pay much attention to the home feed), but will answer PMs and questions on my feed eventually. I don't log every day any more (I'm in year 4, going on year 5 of maintenance, so I don't feel the need to log as religiously as I did while losing), but do probably most days of an average week.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You can add me and my diary is open. Mainly vegan for 2+ years, and now I am really focused on eating at least 90% plant-based. FYI- I am located in Denmark and may have Danish or German ingredients, but feel free to message me with any questions :) I love cooking tasty stuff and heavily use Pinterest to find recipes. If you have Pinterest, you can follow my boards too.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I’m vegetarian with an open diary to friends. Happy to share but my menu is pretty boring. I’ve found what I like to eat and just sort of stick with it. Also ovo-lacto here.
  • chavezjm196908
    chavezjm196908 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian. My philosophy is, I won't eat anything with a face! I've lost 50lbs with 60 to go.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I eat 100% plant-based 2 of 3 meals (the 3rd might be 100% plant-based too, or might be vegetarian, but also might include fish or other meat depending on the day). I log at Cronometer right now, but would be happy to exchange meal ideas.
  • PlantbasedScienceMom
    Options
    I’m mostly vegan (eat less than 10% of my calories from animal products) No meat ever. Occasionally I’ll eat something like candy that is not entirely vegan. My diary is open
  • luztorres56
    luztorres56 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started transitioning this past month, and as of January 1st - I completely emptied out the last bit of animal-based products from my fridge and household. It's a process! but progress over perfection! Learning to cook new things is quite fun! Have had a couple of times when the food just did not sit well, but it turns out, it takes atleast two to three times to develop the taste-buds for it.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Currently in the process of going vegan-ish with wfpb diet in mind. I say "ish" because my family still eats these things, and if it's a matter of going to landfill or getting eat, I may choose to eat. That being said, my hubby is slowly hopping on board and definitely eating much less meat 😁. I'd love to make some friends with same goals in mind. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to get more protein in my diet that is plant-based. Feel free to add me. ☮️
  • ThatNerdyGrl
    ThatNerdyGrl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm just transitioning to ovo-lacto from a meat eating diet. Would love to see some great meal ideas! (I am not great about being on here but am working on it. I truly don't even know how to add friends! 😄 Gonna open my diary if anyone is interested. Pretty boring at the moment...open to suggestions or critiques too.
  • LMcG20
    LMcG20 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, How do I see peoples diaries pleass? If I click on a name it says this users feed is private.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Hi, How do I see peoples diaries pleass? If I click on a name it says this users feed is private.

Some people have open diaries, some have diaries open only to friends, and some are entirely closed. Usually becoming a friend of the person is the way. (Personally I don't recall if my diary is open or closed but it's empty since I log at Cronometer.)
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Been vegetarian for 20+ years. Recently added a bit of fish back on occasion, but usually no more than once or twice a month. I do currently rely heavily on dairy and eggs, particularly when I am losing and trying to get protein in. For the times I consciously reduce my dairy and egg consumption I tend to focus on seitan and soy based sources for protein.

The biggest change to cooking style is I general do more salads or stews as opposed to a meat startch vegetable style of eating.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I’m vegan, have been for 20 years. Currently focusing on eating “real” food. Love Blue Zones so trying to incorporate some eating ideas from the study. Very happy to accept friend requests, my diary is open.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I've vegetarian or vegan for the last 14 years. Diary is open if anyone wants to poke around.
  • LMcG20
    LMcG20 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've tried to look at peoples diaries on here that say they are open but it says this users feed is private. Maybe mine is glitchy
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 418 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Please add me! Diary is open. Long time vegan doing my best to eat clean. 🌱
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    I've tried to look at peoples diaries on here that say they are open but it says this users feed is private. Maybe mine is glitchy

Are you friends with them? I think the default is friends only. I checked yours, and it was not open to me, for example.