After 65 lb weight loss.. NOW being called fat?

Options

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else is saying, but I so understand how much it hurts. It's not easy to just say screw 'em but I hope that's just what you'll do. As one of the posters said - you are doing something to help yourself, to lose weight and be healthy and their just stupid, and can't do a darn thing about it.

Some people can't not be shjtheads - they don't feel good about themselves unless they are putting someone else down. They are shameful. The world is full of them. Hold your head up! You have already done so much, please don't let someone else's crap make your decisions for you!

Good luck! You can do it, I know!! And you know what? So do you or you wouldn't have come here and posted. I hope you feel validated, you are definitely doing the right thing for yourself - keep at and show those silly fools that you're the better person!
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Don't let go of your courage, look how far it's got you already! Don't let the little dogs that are nipping at your heels get you off track. Keep going, we're all looking forward to your next update.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Some people are terrible.

If you feel like being snarky, you can always respond to the mean girls and tell them, you can always improve your weight, but they'll permanently be stuck on stupid. No amount of working out will fix that. ;)

But most importantly, don't let your appearance (and stupid people) drive your self-worth. You are always awesome whether you are 300 pounds or 130.

I love this answer. :smile:

I have been called fat at my highest weight, my lowest weight, and every thing in between. I am just not a small person. And some people are just c*nts. We have to accept that and move on, unfortunately.

BUT - If there is ever a next time (God forbid), try to hold your head high and say proudly, "Well, no. Actually, I am quite fit. Running comes easily to me. I get smaller and in better shape every day. You, however, will always be an ugly, ignorant tw*twaffle. Shame there's no treadmill to fix that." And walk away. Then turn around and say, "Oh, by the way...you might want to try using deodorant. I can smell your stench from here."

And go back to the gym the next day. YOU DON'T DESERVE to feel ashamed of your body. You are worth being healthy...and you are beautiful right now, no matter what the scale tells you. :flowerforyou:
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So who should you listen to? Some ridiculous girls...or the dozens and dozens of people here? I am here to tell you that you should listen to us because we are telling you the truth. Now read through all of these fantastic, encouraging posts one more time, and then get back on that treadmill. I promise you that the people here are not taking time out of their busy day to lie to you. All of this encouragement is real and sincere and instead of giving those stupid girls any power, empower yourself.

I am so looking forward to following your success, you are such an inspiration to me.
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Fat can be fixed but they will always be insecure bishes :wink: those people aren't happy- don't let them get to you ! You can do it.
  • lilystar1989
    Options
    I don't own a swimsuit myself, I get told all the time I'm too big for a swimsuit. I loved swimming & miss it so much! But I don't do it, because people point, stare, & either tell me "you must be ready to pop any day now!" or tell me I need to kill myself to save myself and others the embarrassment
  • Deborah100660
    Deborah100660 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Go back into the gym. Nobody can make you feel ugly. All of those folks are going to be jealous when you reach your goal and are more toned and than they are. You should be doing this to feel better about yourself. All you can do is be the best body that you have. You will never look like another person. I applaud you for trying and look at your earlier success. You can lose the 10 pounds lost at the gym.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest I heard some teenagers laugh as I walked by , I remember thinking to myself . I had a child at 15 and raised him on my own , I got my GED , I am a Licensed Practical Nurse ( I worked and paid my way through that ) - I would save their life right now if some horrible thing happend to them and they don't even know it . Poor little dumb boys and girls ....

Seriously people have no idea who you are ... they laugh ,pick ,make fun because they are too dumb to realize you are just like them , only better.

Amy
  • StephanieMM2013
    Options
    I am so sorry they did that to you. Kudos for not hitting them over the head with a barbel, it's what I would have done.

You look great!
  • LuFitch
    LuFitch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have just joined this site and trying to navigate thru it. People can just be heartless . Maybe they think cutting down someone elses self worth will boost theirs. I would look at those girls and tell them I can fix being overweight but you can't fix being immature and stupid. Or Just ignore them and keep doing what you are doing(Going to the Gym for one thing) You have a right to be there and it does not matter what anyone else thinks or does. My son is 400+ pounds and I am 300 pounds and we are going to start going to the gym and I figure we are going to get Healthy. Where do you want to be in a year from now? And what do you need to do to get there? Are those girls going to matter when you hit your goal? I think not.
    Children do not understand and them I can forgive. When I was your age I would tell them I am fat. But adults on the other hand are just being hateful...and don't deserve the time of day. Don't waste your time on stupidity. Focus on what matters,you!:bigsmile: Could also use some friends to help my journey along.
  • jshicks2005
    jshicks2005 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Keep up the good work! I've had my own grandpa and father pick on my weight, and of course my kids, but they don't know better. But that just gives me motivation to show them.

You look amazing!
  • loesjem
    Options
    First of all: awesome job to lose all those pounds! You should have reported those girls to management of your gym, because it is harassment what they did.
    I believe it is actually a positive sign that people dare to say something now and not when you were 65 lb heavier. Maybe people don't dare to say something to people that are clearly obese for various reasons, but it is basically off-limits and they don't have the guts to say something. Now you don't look obese anymore, but just a bit bigger, it is easier for them to speak out.
    So try to see it as that you now look definitely more to what you want to look like. Go back to the gym, maybe another gym, where they won't condone that kind of behaviour. Keep looking at your before pictures and how you look now!
    Good luck on your journey
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    You are doing well...! What a couple of ****s.... Don't let anyone dictate how you feel about yourself!
  • emmurphy06
    emmurphy06 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good grief, people are so mean....I can't decide if your stories make me want to scream or cry. You are doing an amazing job and are certainly not deserving of anyone dumping their insecurities on you. Keep up the good work!
  • soullightprisms
    Options
    You are doing a awesome job hun, and are looking great. Being my sweet self, I would have told F--- off and went about my workout. There are always going to be people who enjoy putting others down, it will come around to them. It always does
  • jafabuNZ
    jafabuNZ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Such bi**ches who said that to you! and laughing - that is really disgusting what they did and said to you then :angry: I hope karma gets them with a ravenous appetite and a 500kg weight gain! So sorry this happened and how it has put you off going back to the gym - that is sad - I hope you find the courage to return one day and if God forbid something like this should ever happen again, prepare an answer for them so they are the ones who are left feeling embarrassed and speechless! The question is - how do you feel about your weight loss (and by the way I think what you have achieved so far is truly AMAZING - many many people out there just cant achieve what you've already done). How do you feel about your body since you've lost the weight? When you look in the mirror or when you go shopping for smaller size clothes - do you feel pleased and proud of yourself? I hope you do - as it is only your opinion that counts. You and only you, nobody else.
  • celcey
    Options
    You have done something amazing and you should not let other people pull you down. Heard the saying "Haters gonna hate"?
    Well, it is TRUE. If those girls were about something, they would have been too busy working out instead of looking around and lollygagging.
    Go back to the gym and get your groove back if that is what made you feel good. If anything should happen like that again, REPORT THEM to a manager. You are an adult with paid membership and have every right to work out WITHOUT being harrassed.
    For future reference, tell them to kiss your @$$ before it completely disappears :)
    Best of luck to you!
  • LtChuckSmiley
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on losing the 65 pounds, keep up the good work.

Whenever you get a rude comment or question, mitigate any anger or sadness that you may have into exercise. Use those emotions as fuel for working out to show them that they're wrong. Exercise gets you a certain high, and you'll feel better and lose more weight in no time.

Also, silence or humor is the best way to respond to people like those girls at the gym. Just remember: what goes around, comes around. :smile:

Best of luck to you in achieving your weight loss goals!
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You have done something amazing and you should not let other people pull you down. Heard the saying "Haters gonna hate"?
    Well, it is TRUE. If those girls were about something, they would have been too busy working out instead of looking around and lollygagging.
    Go back to the gym and get your groove back if that is what made you feel good. If anything should happen like that again, REPORT THEM to a manager. You are an adult with paid membership and have every right to work out WITHOUT being harrassed.
    For future reference, tell them to kiss your @$$ before it completely disappears :)
    Best of luck to you!

^^^ THIS.

F the haters. You have done so well so far, and a bunch of catty *****es like that don't even deserve to drink the sweat we squeeze out of our socks. Look, ladies. I may be fat, but I can lose weight. Mean and stupid goes right down to the bone.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    No way is it pointless to go on. You are doing this for yourself and your own heatlth. You look amazing by the way. I cant explain why some people feel the need to be shallow, mean and immature towards others. I never have understood it. I do know from experience and from getting tired of mean people that you need to surround yourself with people who care about you and go to places that you feel comfortable being in. You were right not to go back to that gym but you should find a gym that you can feel comfortable in. I went to a gym that didn't tolerate that kind of behavior and I loved it. Some people are just jealous. I can speak for myself and tons of others on here that we are rooting for you and if you want, add me. Girl this is a lifestyle change and takes time. Stay strong and positive and take it one day at a time.