After 65 lb weight loss.. NOW being called fat?

Options

Replies

• greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Do not stop. Keep going. It's for you, not them. You are not alone.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you look great! Ignore the haters--or get them back with comebacks like " Oh, wow, how do YOU do it? I could never be such a vicious little ***** to a complete stranger like that!" You say it with a big smile, and really nicely, as if you're giving them a huge compliment, and then just walk away.

Maybe it'll make them think before they open their sick little mouths next time.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    The gym i used to belong to if management found out about that kind of behavior they would of thrown out the girls and banned them
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    There will always be d!ckheads. Letting them control your happiness is a formula for making yourself miserable. Do what you need to do for you and don't let others' opinions be your excuse for not moving on. You'll never win that game.
  • nrjackson84
    nrjackson84 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Some people are just mean (girls at the gym) and little kids don't have a "nice" filter (my kids say stuff to me that hurts my feelings, but they don't mean to they are just stating the obvious, i.e. my belly is big). You are doing an AWESOME job!! You look fabulous! Don't let the others get you down. Only YOU can give up, get back on it and lose that weight. "Don't look back, you're not going that way" You got this! :)
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Okay, people like looking good. But forget about 'looks'. You are young. The motivator is the money and health issues overweight lbs will cause as you age. Diabetes, heart disease, arthritis. Do you want to remain independent? If you are heavy balance issues on ladders to do your own home chores. Health and quality of life should be first and foremost and who cares about strangers? Look at all the hateful things said to people about race, religion and sexual orientation, so keep going on the road to health for saving your own life. Love yourself.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    First of all, reading your story I began to tear up, it breaks my heart that people can be so cruel when you are doing what you need to do to increase your cardio vascular health, learn how to work your body and feel better about yourself. I am so sad you were not able to go back to the gym. I encourage you to continue on your journey, looks like your doing amazing and go back to the gym. I wish I had something useful to say about the girls at the gym, but I find myself too upset to say anything constructive about them. Your amazing, do this for yourself...but to answer your original question, no that did not happen to me, no one noticed my weight loss for about the first 50 pounds though.

YOU GOT THIS!!!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Sure, you may still have some more to go, but you are doing it and looking good. Don't ever let anyone stop you from being healthy. Keep up the good work because you are worth it.
  • StephG1130
    StephG1130 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not want any of you to think I don't appreciate every single amazing word you have taken the time to write here. You all are who have gotten me back on my feet and going at it again! (5 more lbs down in a week!!) i was just really upset the other night.. About things not related to weight loss.. And remembered this thread and how amazing the responses were. So I got on to pick myself up, only to read that jerks response as my first. It angered me and I lashed out without thinking. I was being too sensitive, yes. I'm sorry.

Thank you so much for everyone's comments. I am still obese, as someone pointed out.. But I'm getting thinner everyday. And that's more than I could say a year ago! :)<3<3
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Stephanie. I'm 26, and just recently got back on MFP. I was doing a great job.. really kicking *kitten* at losing weight. I lost 65 lbs in about 6 months, and was not slowing down. I love exercising, I love eating well.. just love the way it makes me feel!
    So whats the problem you might ask? Well, shortly after I reached my 65 lb mark of my weight loss, I was at the gym running on the treadmill... was at about a mile and a half, when I looked over and seen a couple of girls looking at me and laughing. I tried to push it out of my mind, telling myself that they weren't laughing at me.. it was just my insecurities getting the best of me. Well, when I was done, I went to the trash to throw away something and they came up to me. the one girl said 'hey.. no offense, but we were wondering how you do it?' I asked do what? and the other girl (while the first one started to laugh) said 'well, you're really, really big... dont you wanna pass out or something?'
    I was devastated. I just turned around and walked out.. I never did go back.%
    Since then (about 7 months ago), I have very slowly gained 10 lbs back. I have also had 2 people ask me when I was expecting, a child ask me why I was so fat, another child tell me nobody wants to see my fat body in a bathing suit (which is why i do not own tone), and someone at work tell me not to sit in a chair in case it broke. My best friend also is big, and she always says shes happy she has a fat friend because all her other ones are skinny, pretty and perfect.
    I dont understand... I NEVER got anything said about my weight when I was 330+ lbs, now that I'm 275 I'm hearing it all the time. I know it should motivate me to keep going, but its like ok.. ive come so far, now what? NOW I get called fat? Its killing me.

has anyone else experienced anything like this before? I dont know what to do... I feel like its pointless to continue.

257fd887-b163-4715-a566-013f9dd8d6aa_zps1fba56e3.jpg

JoesSweatshirt_zps01c6d10e.jpg

What you accomplished is amazing.

Now, with being said you need to work on your confidence and self worth. Do not let some rude strangers stop you from achieving your goals. They are nobody! Forget them. As far as kids they will be kids and I blame their parents for not teaching them manners and also to respect their elders.

You can't go through life or live your life based on what others think or say. It's all about what you think and feel. They aren't relevant. They only have that kind of power if you allow it.

Now pick yourself up and make yourself happy! Got to keep it pushing. Nobody is going to do it for you. Its your life and its up to you to make changes.

You got this! I know that for sure.

edit: glad ur feeling better. Just seen ur response above mine.:smile:
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, don't let the comments ruin the progress you have made! There are stupid people in every environment, you are so much better than them :-) X
  • jennie5693
    jennie5693 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What people "think" about you, is not your business. You're doing great, right?! Feeling better, NSVs out the wazoo?!

Keep going. You can't worry about someone else's insecurities being bounced off you.

You are amazing. Don't ever forget that.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I used to get bullied by some a**hole when I was younger and really fat. He got blown up by a bomb a few years ago in Afghanistan. This might sound morbid, but **** always gets flushed away.

Don't let little punks get in your way of being great. They will always be there on the side, saying this and that, but sooner or later they will lose and you will win.
  • erinshea07
    Options
    I just want to let you know, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! I would forget those people that are being rude!!! You have lost so much weight, and are now able to live a healthier life, you are doing amazing!!! I don't know you but I am still proud of you!!!!!!
  • jodilynnrl
    jodilynnrl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look amazong! You inspire me, please don't give up.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Also I have some tips about dealing with bullies like that. I've seen it all, and I know some of the worst things you can do and some of the best things you can do:

1) Never challenge them to do what you are doing. Never say, "Well, can you do it?" Because if they can, it just buries you even more.
    2) Don't use scripted comebacks. They will know you planned ahead and realize that you are mad.
    3) Never try to challenge their intellect, especially when they are in a group, because intellect means nothing to them.
    4) Do not fight them. Bullies often know how to fight.
    5) They are often not hiding their own faults. They are not jealous. They are just **** people who don't have anything else to do. Don't try and rationalize why they are acting the way they are.
    6) Ignore them completely until they die. Then you can say whatever you want to them at the open casket.

Follow those steps and you're golden.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Steph you're a pretty girl and you look good right now (not just saying that). Just keep going until you get to where *you* want to be.

People are dip ****s. I understand how it would get you down. I'd feel the same way although these days I'm more inclined to swear at people for not keeping their stupid little mouths shut.

Just get angry more. It's probably not good for you but it feels better than being hurt.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    RE: scripted comebacks, I actually think having a generic, forceful comeback 'in the chamber', ready to fire is a good thing. A good and quick "f*** off" or "shut up" right after someone says something dumb is a good start.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that! No one, I repeat, no one has the right to judge you. You worked your *kitten* off to get to where you are! Those girls don't know that, they don't know you have made a huge effort to lose the 65 lb but you do! Don't give up hun, you will hate yourself for it. Don't let some thin b*tches discourage you and if anyone ever questions you, tell them how much weight you've lost and ask them if they could say the same! That should shut them up! 65 lb is a lot of weight hun. Keep at it and prove all those who doubted you or laughed at you that you can do it! Don't let them win! You'll always have someone on here to support you if it's needed. x

Edit: I just saw your recent post on here. Well done! I'm glad you are getting back on track! Don't worry, I'm overly sensitive too. :P