After 65 lb weight loss.. NOW being called fat?

Options

Replies

• eatandexercise1
    eatandexercise1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Girl, your weight loss is awesome, and very noticeable. You are doing a great, great job. DO NOT LISTEN TO THOSE IDIOTS WHO'VE SAID RUDE THINGS TO YOU.
    Sometimes people say hurtful things to make themselves feel better, or to be spiteful, or because they're just plain stupid.

If you let their words stop your journey, then you let them hurt you. You let them win.
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, you look awesome! Anyone who has been overweight has experienced some type of bullying or rude comments. But you don't have to be overweight to experience bullying. Taylor Swift wrote about being bullied in her song Why'd You Have To Be So Mean? Lots of people related to the song and it became a hit. Might be a good time to listen to it!

Who knows why these people are mean or make rude comments? To try to understand them would require getting into their heads a little more and who the heck wants to spend time doing THAT?

An important point is that these people have no idea of what you have accomplished and what you are in the process of accomplishing. It's like you are some kind of superwoman about to be unleashed!

I say go to that gym, open up a can of kick butt, and show anyone who cares to watch, gawk or stare what determination looks like!

I would showcase, with class, the stupidity of statements like you are too fat to sit in a certain chair. All you have to do is, without emotion, is ask what is the exact weight limitation of the chair, because, after all you are losing weight and someday would like to sit in the chair. And, maybe, in the meantime for the courtesy of others, the maximum weight limitation could be posted on the chair?

And you may want to have a gentle discussion with your friend about her fat friend comments. Let her know her comments are hurtful and that's not how you see yourself. More importantly, what is she going to do when you DO lose your weight? Because someday, in the not so far away future, no one will be able to say you are the fat friend. How is SHE going to deal with it? Invite her to join you in losing weight so she won't feel like she is left behind when it happens.

You have obviously hit on a nerve with many MFPs and nothing would make us happier than to see you keep going. Return to the gym and speak with a manager if you are, yes, being harassed in any way. Switch gyms, if possible, but keep going! Don't let the mean people win! And when you do return, give encouragement to people you may see struggling in the gym. You will become an inspiration to them.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Kick the little b*tches *kitten*! People are cruel and hopefully the karma bus will not only catch them but run them the *kitten* over!
    You are beautiful and you are doing a FANTASTIC job! Don't stop now!
  • atragicfate
    Options
    I know due to the amount of comments in this thread that you've heard this already... But this should give you more incentive to keep going. Just remember that you're doing it for you, nobody else.
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Woooooow!! You're AMAZING!! DO NOT LET those insecure, ignorant, judgmental and immature PUNK BULLIES rain on your parade, Sweetie. They are SO not worth it!! However, that said, I can totally relate to the hurt and sting that people can cause by looking at the outside "wrapper.". Bottom line, YOU are BEAUTIFUL before and after. You are the SAME person but only in a different healthier t "wrapper." Please be proud of yourself.

When my Dad was alive, he use to tell me, wear your earrings, honey (it means in one ear, out the other) while giving the opinionated @ssholes the universal sign language of the bird with BOTH middle fingers in the air in your MIND. Trust me, think about it and see if you don't snicker. You will. :laugh:

He also said before the saying was popular, (he has unfortunately has been deceased for almost 10 year from colon cancer), " Opinions are like @*kitten*, everyone has one!! ". And, lastly, he said this one will get the opinionated @ssholes EVERY time, just giggle and say "take your own inventory" and walk away!! MOST will have NO freakin' clue what you meant. (It's a nice but curt way of basically saying go f$&ck yourself and look in your own damn mirror.

Feel free to also add me as I've been around the block for a few laps at my YOUNG at :heart: 41 years... :wink:

Crazy C/Carmon
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    WOW.
    Go back to that same gym.
    Tell those skanky ugly bully twigs you are building strong a body that will be revealed shortly, and you don't want to be a twig with limbs that will snap.
    THEN SNAP ALL OF HER LIMBS.
    Then use all the experience running on the treadmill to sprint out of there before the cops turn up :)
    OR.
    Hire a ninja to deal with them.
    PS. I am a ninja ;)
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Stephanie. I'm 26, and just recently got back on MFP. I was doing a great job.. really kicking *kitten* at losing weight. I lost 65 lbs in about 6 months, and was not slowing down. I love exercising, I love eating well.. just love the way it makes me feel!
    So whats the problem you might ask? Well, shortly after I reached my 65 lb mark of my weight loss, I was at the gym running on the treadmill... was at about a mile and a half, when I looked over and seen a couple of girls looking at me and laughing. I tried to push it out of my mind, telling myself that they weren't laughing at me.. it was just my insecurities getting the best of me. Well, when I was done, I went to the trash to throw away something and they came up to me. the one girl said 'hey.. no offense, but we were wondering how you do it?' I asked do what? and the other girl (while the first one started to laugh) said 'well, you're really, really big... dont you wanna pass out or something?'
    I was devastated. I just turned around and walked out.. I never did go back.
    Since then (about 7 months ago), I have very slowly gained 10 lbs back. I have also had 2 people ask me when I was expecting, a child ask me why I was so fat, another child tell me nobody wants to see my fat body in a bathing suit (which is why i do not own one), and someone at work tell me not to sit in a chair in case it broke. My best friend also is big, and she always says shes happy she has a fat friend because all her other ones are skinny, pretty and perfect.
    I dont understand... I NEVER got anything said about my weight when I was 330+ lbs, now that I'm 275 I'm hearing it all the time. I know it should motivate me to keep going, but its like ok.. ive come so far, now what? NOW I get called fat? Its killing me.

has anyone else experienced anything like this before? I dont know what to do... I feel like its pointless to continue.

You are getting fit and healthy - working that treadmill ! They probably get winded running up and down the aisles of the shopping mall being all into themselves and starting drama. I believe that one day (perhaps years later) these people will regret saying things after they get a few more life lessons under their belt.

Look at your face in your photos - do you see the happiness in the photo after you lost some weight? No need to say more - just keep on going for you! Good luck.
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    There's only one thing that you should be focusing on, and that's the amazing progress you've made so far. Those two girls at the treadmill have no idea what you've achieved, and chances are they were feeling insecure about the fact that you were working it on the treadmill when, if they were in your position, they couldn't see themselves having the drive to do what you were doing.
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I look at your "before" and "now" pictures and am in AWE.

KEEP IT UP!

Also, nice reminder from the great book "Skinny B!tch" that there is nothing uglier than a skinny woman who is mean. That's exactly what those gym rats were.
  • GeminiDelight
    GeminiDelight Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i think that you look great. you have a big confident grin on your face. nothing makes insecure people feel like being mean more than someone who is confident about themselves. they are trying to make themselves feel better by making you feel bad. you have nothing to feel bad about.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    don't give up. You let them win by proving them right. Prove them wrong and get back on the treadmill and back down to an achievable goal. 250, 225, 200. Set it and do it.
    Hey everyone! I'm Stephanie. I'm 26, and just recently got back on MFP. I was doing a great job.. really kicking *kitten* at losing weight. I lost 65 lbs in about 6 months, and was not slowing down. I love exercising, I love eating well.. just love the way it makes me feel!
    So whats the problem you might ask? Well, shortly after I reached my 65 lb mark of my weight loss, I was at the gym running on the treadmill... was at about a mile and a half, when I looked over and seen a couple of girls looking at me and laughing. I tried to push it out of my mind, telling myself that they weren't laughing at me.. it was just my insecurities getting the best of me. Well, when I was done, I went to the trash to throw away something and they came up to me. the one girl said 'hey.. no offense, but we were wondering how you do it?' I asked do what? and the other girl (while the first one started to laugh) said 'well, you're really, really big... dont you wanna pass out or something?'
    I was devastated. I just turned around and walked out.. I never did go back.
    Since then (about 7 months ago), I have very slowly gained 10 lbs back. I have also had 2 people ask me when I was expecting, a child ask me why I was so fat, another child tell me nobody wants to see my fat body in a bathing suit (which is why i do not own one), and someone at work tell me not to sit in a chair in case it broke. My best friend also is big, and she always says shes happy she has a fat friend because all her other ones are skinny, pretty and perfect.
    I dont understand... I NEVER got anything said about my weight when I was 330+ lbs, now that I'm 275 I'm hearing it all the time. I know it should motivate me to keep going, but its like ok.. ive come so far, now what? NOW I get called fat? Its killing me.

has anyone else experienced anything like this before? I dont know what to do... I feel like its pointless to continue.

257fd887-b163-4715-a566-013f9dd8d6aa_zps1fba56e3.jpg

JoesSweatshirt_zps01c6d10e.jpg
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to what others have to say about you. I know that it is hard, but as long as you're losing weight for for yourself then those people shouldn't be much of a problem. You have done very well so far so I think that you should keep it up and feel proud of yourself no matter what anyone else says :)
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    In an effort to feel better about themselves, some cretin will ALWAYS call you fat, stupid, ugly, etc. It's part of life. They are the person with the problem, not you. Go back to the gym, wear the bathing suit, be who you want to be. Learn to ignore the naysayers, and realize that for every rude person that says something there are an equal amount of immature little schmucks saying the same stuff behind your back, but it is still their problem. You're changing you for the better and they will probably maintain their stupidity, ignorance and crassness for life. Smile and hold your head up!
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    You are BEAUTIFUL! F_____ anyone who insults you. They are a bunch of insecure idiots. You are to be admired and your hard work and perseverance are an inspiration to those of us who read your story. You have a lot of intelligence and sensitivity, something those who insult others will NEVER have. Thank you for sharing what's going on in your life with us,
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You cannot let a few negative people pull you down. You are doing great- your pictures prove it. Don't let a few negative comments stop your progress! Do this for you and your health!
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firstly you look great and are doing AWESOME!!

You asked why and here is why I think you are getting comments NOW (my opinion only):

At 330lbs you felt pretty bad about yourself and that would show in your attitude and demeanor (you just can't hide such strong feelings) I know they were strong as they motivated you to do change! Though you should love yourself regardless of where you are in life, it usually is harder when you feel unhealthy.

Now having achieved such brilliant results you are happy and that too shows in how you carry yourself, and therein lies the problem, at 330lbs there was no point kicking someone who was already down. But NOW you are still overweight but you have self-worth and pride which you should have had all along but the mean / petty people see this and don't like it as they don't have it. They feel jealous and you are an easy target as you are not at goal yet so they lash out at you. Try and bring you on their own sad insecure plane.

If you let it get to you, they win, and they are miserable so why should they win they don't deserve it. You deserve to look great and enjoy being fit so keep it up!!!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that this has happened to you and it makes my heart hurt just thinking about how vicious people can be.. I myself have been subject to alot of harsh criticism and comments, not because of my weight but because I am kinda freaky tall. BUT, now you need to use that as fuel. You have done an amazing job so far and you owe it to yourself to keep going. You deserve to feel comfortable in your own skin and love yourselft but only YOU can make that happen. You stumbled and fell....now pick yourself back up, get back in there and kick some *kitten*!!! You should be so proud of how far you have come already. :flowerforyou:
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Why are they noticing your weight now? I don't know...cause you're gorgeous< maybe?I think you are beautiful in both pictures but you are especially beautiful in the second! I know it hurts to have people make comments to you and about you...It's been done to me too. Please don't let it get in the way of your goals. People are so nasty it disgusts me but we can't do anything about it. You reacted so well by walking away, I can't say I would have done the same but that makes you a better person than I. Go back, take your life back. You have more courage, strength, and beauty than any of those trashy little b*tches. Good luck to you in everything you do.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you let a couple of @ssholes get to you. Unfortunate really, as you said, you were doing great. Why was one comment able to derail all the hard work you had done? I would spend some time in introspection if not counseling to examine why. (And no, I am NOT being snarky, I am completely serious.) This is not on them honey, it's on you.

I definitely understand what you are saying... but it wasnt just that. that was just the start of it. I broke up with my boyfriend of 11 years in that time also, so that was hard on me, had to move back into my parents with my almost 2 year old who is having a rough time adjusting, i found out my father has two types of cancer, plus he had a minor heart attack... its just on and on. that comment just started it all. I got back into being comfortable being miserable. I'm getting back into good thinking though. Just took some time to get back there. :)

:flowerforyou: Good for you on getting back into more positive thoughts. Sounds like you were having a real *kitten* time all around. It is not easy to retrain ourselves to think and eat and do differently than we have been, but it is so vitally important to our long term health to do so. It took years to get into poor habits, so it takes time to get back into good ones. And equally if not more important to really consider our missteps so we can learn and grow from them. Soon enough you will learn to be comfortable being HAPPY, and you will learn to shine.

S/N: I think I woulda knocked them b!tches out. I may be fat but I can diet. What's your excuse? :laugh:
  • LisaYon
    LisaYon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First off.. You inspire me.
    2nd... Please comment back to anyone that tries to bring you down “you're an idiot", turn and say “I feel sorry for you” with a sigh of sympathy and walk away! Smile your beautiful girl!