Coronavirus

Options

Replies

• mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    This is my opinion on panic.

LZTqB8J.png

Comes from the Dune series, but someone put it on an air force backdrop.

This is the latest news from Dr. Mike as of Jan 28th.

Boils down to, wash your hands regularly, give anyone with a fever 6 feet of room, and pay attention to what the World Health Organization and the CDC says, not what the news outlets say. They want you to panic, so they get clicks on their site.

https://youtu.be/LI90iqFqLXs
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Uk has 2 cases confirmed and in quarantine in Newcastle and a plane full of our citizens were flown back into the uk today and put straight into quarantine for 2 weeks.
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    0fu3gagodn59.jpeg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    0fu3gagodn59.jpeg

Pretty much this. I keep checking in with the CDC and WHO just to kinda track the progress, but honestly? Regular flu is bad enough every season and loads of people die from that that never get reported.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Yeah, tens of thousands already die of the flu each year and no one bats an eye. Something like just over 2% of the infected have died from the coronavirus, which is just a slightly higher rate of death than complications from the typical flu (1.7%). I think because it's new and being hyped people wanna freak out. I still would rather not get it, though...being sick sucks. And somebody's gotta be that 2%... :o
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    mockchoc wrote: »
    There is always going to be something we can catch. I think the flu kills a lot more people than some of these things that show up and freaks us out. Lets just have another Corona and chill. Cheers.

This is true. People get so hyped up about everything. Unless you travel to that area of China, the chance of exposure is minuscule, plus it is a virus like any other.

This is true for the immediate future but WHO just announced they expect this virus to become a pandemic shortly.

"Pandemic" DOESN'T mean lots of people dying. It means lots of people sick at the same time, to the extent that the economy and trade can be disrupted.

Basically, the stores could run low on toilet paper and rioting could ensue.

Or at least, that's what authorities fear.

• RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I’m sincerely worried for our lives.
  • lifeovpi
    lifeovpi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    cr4jz63a5k8j.jpg

I love this haha!
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    e5fzh1i9fbzu.png
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    NO FEAR people... havent' you heard?...trump has confirmed the virus will die with warm weather/by April (this is sad and true...eye roll)
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Get some vitamin C!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    coronavirus actually came from area 51 wake up sheeple
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    I've got a vacation planned for a few months from now. There's a layover in China. I'm still going. 🤷🏾‍♀️
    1xh9fx2wojbv.jpg
    0ya1wpyxaraa.jpg
    gox9dnguswfh.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    RevGym2 wrote: »
    Everyone be careful. Make sure you wear a mask.

All of you are dear friends to me.

I'm not too worried about coronavirus. Can we talk a bit about lumbar lordosis? Seems a bunch of girls are catching a nasty case of it..

3qsyqrrxnglr.png

Dang.... I need to get myself some of that lumbar lordosis; I damn sure do.