Coronavirus

Options

Replies

• DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    I cringed as I opened this thread because I thought it would be another place I had to give a bunch of technical info. I was training for highly infectious disease in Alabama where they were going to bring some of the quarantined people last week. But I think I like this thread. For the most part you are all level headed or not overly excited. I like it. Love the memes. We will get through this and no need to raid the stores or buy masks. 90% of the people I saw wearing masks as I traveled this week were wearing them wrong anyway. Just wash your hands and don’t touch your face and stay home if sick. We will survive this. 😊

Unfortunately since there're so many people, panic buying toilet paper & other, daily necessities because of their virus fear, the remainder of us've to panic buy to ensure that we've enough to live normally.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    The death rate is relatively low with this virus. It is being blown way out of proportion. Way more people catch flu every year and die. Usually, it is older people with health conditions who die or people who live in places where health care is poor. Every year or two there is some kind of problem. Recently, it was measles, previous to that swine flu, Ebola, etc. Ebola is the worst of them all. Corona virus isn’t a big deal. Our hospital has protocol to screen people now but honestly treatment is just supportive.

YUP
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I wasn't freaked until I found out the victims in Washington state are only a few miles from where my dd lives. :(
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I cringed as I opened this thread because I thought it would be another place I had to give a bunch of technical info. I was training for highly infectious disease in Alabama where they were going to bring some of the quarantined people last week. But I think I like this thread. For the most part you are all level headed or not overly excited. I like it. Love the memes. We will get through this and no need to raid the stores or buy masks. 90% of the people I saw wearing masks as I traveled this week were wearing them wrong anyway. Just wash your hands and don’t touch your face and stay home if sick. We will survive this. 😊

I wish I and all the other service (food, childcare, retail, etc) workers out there could stay home if sick. It isn’t financially feasible

100% truth. :'(
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I wish I and all the other service (food, childcare, retail, etc) workers out there could stay home if sick. It isn’t financially feasible

Economic/production impacts are the focus of conversations in my area.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Mask is good if you have something - to keep yourself from spreading it if you have to go out. What we're already doing is best for avoiding any bug. We're getting good nutrition, we're staying active, we're getting fresh air. So let's all keep doing what we're doing. (Oh and a sense of humor helps too.)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    We have the first confirmed case in my state as of today. Genius was traveling in Italy while it was known to be a hotbed of corona virus. Thanks whoever you are.

I mean what the heck. This world travel nonsense is unnecessary and truly overrated. Just stay in the damn country you belong in and visit the seashore or the redwoods and calm the eff down with your demented globe hopping plans.

It was great when world travel was only for royalty, aristocracy, politicians and military. Real people stayed with their families and communities and got drunk and had picnics and went flower picking for fun.

Now everyone wants to go Bali and Paris and Rio. We have enough germs we don’t need the whole world’s.

what kind of flowers?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    We have the first confirmed case in my state as of today. Genius was traveling in Italy while it was known to be a hotbed of corona virus. Thanks whoever you are.

I mean what the heck. This world travel nonsense is unnecessary and truly overrated. Just stay in the damn country you belong in and visit the seashore or the redwoods and calm the eff down with your demented globe hopping plans.

It was great when world travel was only for royalty, aristocracy, politicians and military. Real people stayed with their families and communities and got drunk and had picnics and went flower picking for fun.

Now everyone wants to go Bali and Paris and Rio. We have enough germs we don’t need the whole world’s.

what kind of flowers?

Petunias

those are quite pickable.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

what kind of flowers?

Petunias

those are quite pickable.

Yes. Yes they are.

well now.

..... this should pretty much be the end of the CoronaVirus thread, amiright?
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I just don't watch the news and wash my hands often 🤷‍♀️

This is a good plan. Most of the cases and deaths in our state from the virus are within 5 miles of me. People are going crazy. I have quit watching the news. Wash your hands, cover your cough, stay home if you are sick.

The tree pollen is very high right now and I have allergies so am all congested. People are giving me a wide berth. I can live with that.
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options

It’s often a hardship for every industry. Health care included. We are often more apt to go to work sick because there is no one to take our place. The health care industry needs staff. It’s a 24 hour a day 7 day a week career. It’s often not glamorous and we don’t always make enough that we can just take off two weeks either. It’s not afordable for us either. It is however our individual responsibility to stay healthy so we can work so do what you can to stay healthy so you don’t have to miss. And it is everyone’s responsibility not to spread it to others who could have Co morbiditiws or weak immune systems that could die from it. I tell our staff this all the time. Everyone has to do their part with every illness. We have to all care for each other.

• Motorsheen
    Options
    I think I’ll have more to say about the Coronavirus and also about petunias so I hope you’ll keep abreast of these topics and chime in with me motorsheen

I'm here to serve.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I just don't watch the news and wash my hands often 🤷‍♀️

This is a good plan. Most of the cases and deaths in our state from the virus are within 5 miles of me. People are going crazy. I have quit watching the news. Wash your hands, cover your cough, stay home if you are sick.

The tree pollen is very high right now and I have allergies so am all congested. People are giving me a wide berth. I can live with that.

You must live near my dd. I wasn't very alarmed about all of this until the deaths happened so close to people I love. :( And now, someone in NC has been found positive, which is where my other dd lives. Come on people, stop it now. :(

I've been reading more about it and shouldn't. :(