Coronavirus

Options

Replies

• This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    I cringed as I opened this thread because I thought it would be another place I had to give a bunch of technical info. I was training for highly infectious disease in Alabama where they were going to bring some of the quarantined people last week. But I think I like this thread. For the most part you are all level headed or not overly excited. I like it. Love the memes. We will get through this and no need to raid the stores or buy masks. 90% of the people I saw wearing masks as I traveled this week were wearing them wrong anyway. Just wash your hands and don’t touch your face and stay home if sick. We will survive this. 😊

I wish I and all the other service (food, childcare, retail, etc) workers out there could stay home if sick. It isn’t financially feasible

It’s often a hardship for every industry. Health care included. We are often more apt to go to work sick because there is no one to take our place. The health care industry needs staff. It’s a 24 hour a day 7 day a week career. It’s often not glamorous and we don’t always make enough that we can just take off two weeks either. It’s not afordable for us either. It is however our individual responsibility to stay healthy so we can work so do what you can to stay healthy so you don’t have to miss. And it is everyone’s responsibility not to spread it to others who could have Co morbiditiws or weak immune systems that could die from it. I tell our staff this all the time. Everyone has to do their part with every illness. We have to all care for each other.

Individual responsibility to stay healthy? Against an airborne virus? Kind of sounds like blaming the person for getting sick. Think I'll go wash my hands
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Oh well, we're all gonna die someway. Who knows? Next heartbeat might be your last.
    I'm more concerned with people going through my stuff when I die. My phone and computer need to die with me. Maybe I should burn all those crazy writings and other "stuff" now?

4i75t6a9zbk6.gif
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Why the hell are people stockpiling toilet paper? Lots of stores are out... 🤔
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Us Aussies don't need to stock pile since most of our loo paper is made in Oz. There will be more on the shelves soon. The manufacturers said they have plenty. I guess the people stockpiling think we get it from China.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited March 2020
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    Us Aussies don't need to stock pile since most of our loo paper is made in Oz. There will be more on the shelves soon. The manufacturers said they have plenty. I guess the people stockpiling think we get it from China.

We don't need to, but plenty are... :(
    My Woolworths..
    carbgirxeok0.jpeg

• mockchoc
    Options
    I know Jo. I was at Woolies this morning and there were 2 small packets left on the shelf. Crazy.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I know Jo. I was at Woolies this morning and there were 2 small packets left on the shelf. Crazy.

My daughter says no tissues or hand sanitiser at her local store either.. smh
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Yep the hand sanitiser went fast. We still had some tissues. Long life milk is going fast too.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options

My Woolworths..
    carbgirxeok0.jpeg

Yikes
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,846 Member
    Options

My Woolworths..
    carbgirxeok0.jpeg

Do you need me to start gathering leaves and old newpapers for you? :D
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

My Woolworths..
    carbgirxeok0.jpeg

Can you come over.. with a warm washer😁
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

People are definitely combing the stores looking for hand sanitizer. Sometimes I’m nice and tell them to put some rubbing alcohol in a little spray bottle
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,846 Member
    Options

My Woolworths..
    carbgirxeok0.jpeg

You want me to bring you a washing machine? :/
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

People are definitely combing the stores looking for hand sanitizer. Sometimes I’m nice and tell them to put some rubbing alcohol in a little spray bottle

Just make your own hand sanitizer
    3 parts rubbing alcohol to 1 part aloe vera

Easy Breezy.

ykgoo8rl4xqr.gif
  • mockchoc
    Options

My Woolworths..
    carbgirxeok0.jpeg

Tell your daughter to try one of the larger chemist outlets or big office stationary supply shops. I got my sanitiser from Office Works.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

My Woolworths..
    carbgirxeok0.jpeg

You want me to bring you a washing machine? :/

Washer.. uhmmm face washer, like you use in shower/bath
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Just make your own hand sanitizer
    3 parts rubbing alcohol to 1 part aloe vera

Easy Breezy.

What does the aloe vera do in it? Sounds like it would be good for me since I have both at home.