Empathy is also motivation and support (a slight rant?)

Replies

• runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    It’s just random people on the internet. Be your own cheerleader. Use ALL the resources available. There’s never going to be 100% support. Keep on applying what works for you. Skip over the rest. Every time we post on a public forum, we open ourselves up to other’s opinions. 🤷🏻‍♀️ That’s just the way it is, something’s will never change.

again i AM my own cheerleader. that is not what my post is about. sometimes even cheerleaders need a hug.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    It’s just random people on the internet. Be your own cheerleader. Use ALL the resources available. There’s never going to be 100% support. Keep on applying what works for you. Skip over the rest. Every time we post on a public forum, we open ourselves up to other’s opinions. 🤷🏻‍♀️ That’s just the way it is, something’s will never change.

again i AM my own cheerleader. that is not what my post is about. sometimes even cheerleaders need a hug.

Well good for you! There’s a hug for you❤️
    AGAIN, you’re never going to get 100% support on an Internet forum, so don’t expect it. Even if you say the sky is blue, someone will disagree. Accept it for your own peace of mind.
  • runlaugheatpie

People don't, because they don't know you. They're on the internet, and the written word makes it even harder to tell. Maybe you should have some empathy for the people just trying to help you.

hahahaha yes ok. it's my fault. I made it extremely clear what I said. So it should be pretty clear I'm looking for something besides advise. but, ok.

• catemb80
    catemb80 Posts: 24 Member
    no flames being thrown, sometimes all we need is an understanding ear listening and only listening. Can I be your friend?
  • runlaugheatpie
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Sometimes there is not an answer other than it sucks. I know my weight went up today because I ate a restaurant yesterday. I am human. Yes it does suck. However, if there is any chance I might still think I did something wrong and my weight went up because of fat... thinking that SUCKS FAR MORE.

One of the biggest reasons I failed to make progress for decades is that I didn't get that my weight fluctuates for reasons other than fat. I would see a higher weight and then restrict myself more and move more to try an "fix" it. The next next day it might still be up or up even higher. This always led to me being so miserable that I could not keep it up.

If there is any chance me being an "expert", "know-it-all', or general PITA helps someone avoid my mistakes... that is something I can live with.

I think it is rude to tell people they are volunteering their time to help others wrong. Maybe that is just me.

for a moment there I thought you were agreeing with me.
    But now I'm rude I guess. No one is volunteering their time here just to help others. Everyone is here for their own benefit.

• runlaugheatpie

Well good for you! There’s a hug for you❤️
    AGAIN, you’re never going to get 100% support on an Internet forum, so don’t expect it. Even if you say the sky is blue, someone will disagree. Accept it for your own peace of mind.

thanks for the hug.

what is the point of being on MFP then if not for support?
  • runlaugheatpie
    sijomial wrote: »
    Sounds like you could work on your communication skills if your friends (ex-friends....) didn't realise that despite not getting the results you desire you don't want help to fix that.

"I'm not looking for advice but....."

If this issue keeps happening or multiple people misinterpret your needs/wants then the fault is more likely with the writer and not the readers.

e.g. when I had a maximal effort fitness test I told the lab tech very clearIy didn't want dumb "come on", "push", "you can do it" comments. All I wanted (and communicated clearly) was I wanted data from him, not cheerleading.

PS - bit of feedback, you are coming across as pretty rude about people just giving up some of their free time to try and help. People don't need formal qualifications to have experience and knowledge. And there's a lot of people with experience of being overweight and also of losing their excess weight despite facing similar hurdles to you.

no one is giving up their free time to try and help. we're all on here for the same reason. If I'm truly putting someone out then I would hope they would just scroll on by.

thanks for the unsolicited feedback as well.
This discussion has been closed.