20 pounds to lose - starting a weekly weigh in group for motivation

Options

Replies

• megbugs
    megbugs Posts: 107 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Count me in! I'm keto/low carb and my macros are set to 1600 calories: 40g carbs, 125g protein & ~100g fat. I'm fairly active and work out daily for at least an hour. Curious what everyone else's macros are set at.
    4/8 - 184.4
    GW - 150
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    SW: 157
    GW: 135
    Week 1: 155#
    Week 2: 153#
    Week 3: 153#
  • pZilly15
    pZilly15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HI, I'd love to join. Just started this week!!
    SW 168
    GW 150
    Currently: 167
  • mommyottav
    mommyottav Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’d love to join
    SW 151.4
    GW 131
    Staying away from the gym has broken my heart
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I would love to join also. I stared tracking on MFP 13 days ago. I lost 1 pound the first week, and I think I gained it back this week! I'll see tomorrow but this morning didn't look good. I have been working out like crazy and tracking food. Is that muscle gain thing real, or is this something we just tell each other so we don't feel bad for not losing weight? I would really like to see some results on the scale. I would love to give and take some encouragement from others. I run and do Les Mills classes (in my small home gym right now).
    SW 160
    GW 140
    Week 1- 159
  • BecMarty14
    Options
    Weight is a tricky measure affected by so many variables.
    It is a good option to also use other measures such as photos, how clothes fit, how much easier a particular workout feels, how much more (reps or weight or duration) you can do.
    If your weight stays the same, but your waist size decreases, this is changing body composition in a healthy way too.
  • cbenno97
    cbenno97 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Would love to join!

CW:135.4
    GW:115

I'm walking 10k a day, eating way better during quarantine and doing some early morning kickboxing workouts at my park in Brooklyn. Hope everyone is doing well on their journey!
  • thelizhellen
    thelizhellen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I’m looking to lose 20-25 lbs and the support of a group would be really helpful!
  • CampbellTammy1971
    CampbellTammy1971 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sign me up! Directions to the group plz.
  • pZilly15
    Options
    Anybody added to the group mentioned?
  • TiffanyNicole421
    TiffanyNicole421 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My goal is to drop 20 pounds as well. I would love to be added so I can do this with others.
  • pZilly15
    Options
    HI All, I hope all is going well. Anybody else weighing in today?

Today is my weigh-in day:
    SW: 168
    GW: 148 (Updated to make it an even 20 lbs to lose.)
    Week 1: 165

3 lbs was way more than I expected and I wonder if it was mostly water. (??) I'm finding it hard not to snack. I assume it's because I'm hungry. I am trying to keep to healthy snacks: small amount of nuts, oranges, slice of bread with small amount of peanut butter, but it is just increasing my calorie intake. I need to work on making my meals more satisfying, so I don't want to snack. I need to make more time to meal plan!!
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Sw 115
    Gw 107
    3/31 114
    4/7. 113
    4/14 112
  • Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Today is my weigh in ... and I gained a pound since last week. I shouldn’t be surprised, as I made homemade yeast cinnamon buns, had jelly beans, and some chocolate. Since I spread it out over a few days and didn’t inhale the bag of jellybeans 😂, I thought I’d stay level. Oh well! I’ll keep moving forward.
    GW 150
    SW 180
    Currently 164.5
    ~ Samand, who is throwing out the rest of the jellybeans NOW!
  • Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    pZilly I’m trying some new advice this week and maybe it will help you too. The idea is that our cravings and urge to snack will pass in 10-15 minutes, so if I can find a distraction, I can avoid the snack. Sometimes it works, like I’ll walk out to the mailbox or empty the dishwasher. Other times, I’m not so successful. But it seems that if I wait, then I also come up with a more reasonable type of snack than toast and peanut butter again. Hope this helps! Keep posting!!
    ~ Samand
  • YoureAWalnut
    YoureAWalnut Posts: 57 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Would love to be added as well. I have 15-20lbs to my goal weight.
    Stats:
    SW: 175
    GW:160-155

Guyssss. Quarantine has be falling off the wagon hard. Welp, time to hop back on and get back on track.
    GW: 160-155
    12/25/2020: 174.8
    3/12/2020: 176.8
    3/30/2020: 177.6

4/15/2020: 177.4

No change really recently. I might start just tracking weekly averages since my weight fluctuates so much
  • BecMarty14
    Options
    SW: 157
    GW: 135
    Week 1: 155#
    Week 2: 153#
    Week 3: 153#
    Week 4: 153#
    I'm not bothered at all by the scale readings because I am building strength, flexibility and fitness every day.
    Week 1: Yoga & Fitness Blender 5 day challenge + IF
    Week 2: Yoga & FB 5 day challenge strong and lean + IF
    Week 3: Yoga & FB 5 day challenge + IF & Max trainer scenic virtual hike / running (this proved to be TOO MUCH!)
    Week 4: Yoga & FB 5 day challenge strong and lean + 2/ 7 days IF + relaxation activities. Weekends I do yoga and max trainer.
    I'm getting better at the exercises. Some I couldn't do the first time through, but now I can. I see better tone & feel very "activated" especially through my core.
  • pZilly15
    Options
    @Samand303, Thanks for the advice. I'm trying...though not successful each time as you mentioned, but I'll keep working at it!! During the day has been better than the night. The quick walk seems to work. :smile:
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join as well if this is still going? I have about 20lbs to lose.
  • kellimichelle05
    kellimichelle05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’d like to join! I’m 3 months post partum and have 15 pounds to lose