Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Stomach pain after eating

124»

Replies

• kshama2001kshama2001 Posts: 21,629Member Member Posts: 21,629Member Member
    I was very against PPIs in theory, until I was dealing with pain myself - so count me as another vote for asking your doctor about Prilosec.
  • suzyjmcd2suzyjmcd2 Posts: 252Member Member Posts: 252Member Member
    I'll ask the doctor about it - thank you. He had me start Nexium... not sure if those are the same types of medication. He finally offered to give me a prescription for a muscle relaxer when I broke down in tears with him on the phone and told him I couldn't take another 24 hours like this.

The Ultrasound came back completely normal, so he can't tell me anything until I were to have more testing done. Blood came back normal, too. He mentioned getting an endoscopy at some point. I'm supposed to talk with him this afternoon, so I'll ask about the Prilosec, and about finding an outpatient place that will do the scope.... because I'm not stepping into an ER unless I am absolutely desperately in pain.

The muscle relaxer is helping, so I am actually able to eat a bit, now. But I can still feel the spasms and pain through it; just not nearly as bad. I don't want to run out of the med and then be in just as much pain - I have to move on to the next thing to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks again!