Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

When did you realize you were an adult?

Replies

• busyPKbusyPK Posts: 3,335Member Member Posts: 3,335Member Member
    When I graduated college and got my first "big girl job" at 21. Came with a salary and benefits. My parents told me congrats and my dad let me know I'm off his company health insurance plan at the end of the month. Thanks dad :D
    edited February 12
  • onward1onward1 Posts: 308Member Member Posts: 308Member Member
    When I had my first child at 38 and realized I was somebody's mother!
  • RAinWARAinWA Posts: 1,659Member Member Posts: 1,659Member Member
    On my 17th birthday when I enlisted in the Air Force. Had a "you're on your own kid" realization at the swearing in.
  • DWBalboaDWBalboa Posts: 29,095Member Member Posts: 29,095Member Member
    It happened when I was only 16. However, I didn't realize it until I was around 21 when I was asked a question that pointed me to that moment.
    Of course I still don't always act like one.
  • Joeyd727Joeyd727 Posts: 810Member Member Posts: 810Member Member
    When I had to start youtubing how to fold my laundry
  • 1sphere1sphere Posts: 3,257Member Member Posts: 3,257Member Member
    imo we all still got the little kid in there and the angsty teenager and the 20 something figuring their way in the world we just get new layers as years go by but the old stuff is always there
    this is true
  • mommabear4315mommabear4315 Posts: 2,546Member Member Posts: 2,546Member Member
    The day I got super excited about getting a new vaccum cleaner.

I thought I was the only One who would get excited over buying a vacuum lol
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Posts: 619Member Member Posts: 619Member Member

Nope.

I LOVE new cleaning supplies
  • kali31337kali31337 Posts: 940Member, Premium Member Posts: 940Member, Premium Member
    When I was an actual authority at my job. I was teaching new techniques to people who have been doing their job for 20 years.

Then I decided to quit my job and go back to graduate school. I am now a broke college student again hanging out with people who are 10 years younger than me
  • Siberian2590Siberian2590 Posts: 48Member Member Posts: 48Member Member
    At age 30 when I realized I hated my job (HR) and decided to go back to college to become a Veterinarian. Had to do 2 more years of undergrad to get a BS in Biology and then 4 years of Vet College, and I had to pay my own way this time.
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Posts: 10,199Member Member Posts: 10,199Member Member
    I moved out on my own at 20 but I didn't feel like an actual adult until 22 and graduating from college. At that point, I didn't make a lot of money but I had enough saved to feel somewhat secure. I remember taking a short trip just a couple hours from home and thinking if my car broke down, I would call a tow truck and pay for it...instead of calling my dad. I felt fully adult at last.
  • johnbtay3johnbtay3 Posts: 170Member Member Posts: 170Member Member
    When I started buying crap like washing machines, lawn mowers etc instead of booze, women, and video games
  • ghudson92ghudson92 Posts: 1,802Member Member Posts: 1,802Member Member

Hell no! I used all my Christmas and birthday vouchers last year on a cordless hoover/vacuum.... no regrets
  • CDLEE660CDLEE660 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    not today adulting...not today

8jkahdwy0zj9.jpg
  • CupcakeCrusoeCupcakeCrusoe Posts: 573Member Member Posts: 573Member Member
    When I said to my husband, "we have food at home."

:neutral:
  • 55jamieb55jamieb Posts: 62Member Member Posts: 62Member Member
    noelkro80 wrote: »
    When I found out was going to become a father at 17 years old! Overnight I went from being a spotty teenager to an adult! Lol

Yep, when becoming a parent!!!