You are currently viewing the message boards in:

When did you realize you were an adult?

Replies

• lx1xlx1x Posts: 19,999Member Member Posts: 19,999Member Member
    Few seconds ago.. but I changed my mind..😁
  • happimess01happimess01 Posts: 3,147Member Member Posts: 3,147Member Member
    when that tik tok app became all the rage and I couldnt be bothered

edited February 14
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 9,283Member Member Posts: 9,283Member Member
    The first time I bought a pack of...... Parachutes 😂
  • lifeovpilifeovpi Posts: 121Member Member Posts: 121Member Member
    20 is when it hit me
  • tuckerrjtuckerrj Posts: 1,224Member Member Posts: 1,224Member Member
    Many times, but nothing like when my first son was born...

When you hold something so precious and completely helpless in your arms, total dependent on you for everything...

There's just nothing that has compared...

I'll never forget rocking him to sleep that first night to "These arms of mine" by Otis Redding

*** So MUCH this! When we brought our first baby home and we sat down in the living room and stared at each other saying, "What are we gonna do NOW?!"
  • bojack5bojack5 Posts: 2,754Member Member Posts: 2,754Member Member
    When it was legal for me to kill someone, and likewise to someone killing me......
  • 1sphere1sphere Posts: 3,257Member Member Posts: 3,257Member Member
    When I felt an urge for sexual intercourse, and a serious degree of pent up energy from sexual abstinence

Also, when I stopped feeling shy, could talk to people without feeling anxiety, and when I realized that not everyone is gonna be a friend, and that there isn't much relevance in believing in fantasies

I did have a vivid imagination and large naivety, maybe even a childish form of narcissism
    edited February 14
  • iMagoiMago Posts: 5,652Member Member Posts: 5,652Member Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    Bought a new vacuum yesterday. Was so excited and amazed by how much better the suction was than my old one. Literally took a pic of the crud it sucked up and sent to my sister.
    This is my life now. 🤷‍♀️

i had a dyson years ago and i regularly dust sprayed the surface areas of it to keep it clean and fancy because i liked it so much no shame
  • Just_Mel_Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,845Member Member Posts: 3,845Member Member
    iMago wrote: »
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    Bought a new vacuum yesterday. Was so excited and amazed by how much better the suction was than my old one. Literally took a pic of the crud it sucked up and sent to my sister.
    This is my life now. 🤷‍♀️

i had a dyson years ago and i regularly dust sprayed the surface areas of it to keep it clean and fancy because i liked it so much no shame

The one I'm throwing out is a Dyson. It's junk. It was given to me secondhand and I've had it for 5 years though so I cant complain too much.
  • _Miss_chievous__Miss_chievous_ Posts: 1,853Member Member Posts: 1,853Member Member
    When 9PM started to feel like midnight 😴
    edited February 14
  • mi_nina_lolami_nina_lola Posts: 382Member Member Posts: 382Member Member
    when i had to pry my dad's hands off my mother's neck to prevent him from killing her
  • bidingmytimebidingmytime Posts: 84Member Member Posts: 84Member Member
    When I realized Britney Spears was a couple of years younger than me. It was back in the day when she was at her peak (circa early to mid-2000's).

That, and, the cashier calling me "ma'am" for the first time.
    edited February 14
  • gothchiqgothchiq Posts: 4,445Member Member Posts: 4,445Member Member
    When I had a full time job and handled all my own bills and lived on my own. That was when I got out of graduate school and into the workforce, so I was 23.
  • mi_nina_lolami_nina_lola Posts: 382Member Member Posts: 382Member Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    The day I buy a suit. Still hasn’t happened but I hope to later this year - so - Stay tuned I guess. If you care - I’m sure you don’t but I’ll post anyway - you’re welcome

i am SO waiting for this!! a man in a suit - yasssssssss, i wish i could go shopping with you R. :)
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Posts: 7,085Member Member Posts: 7,085Member Member
    ... when I got excited about the purchase (and having money to purchase at the time) a new Dyson vacuum cleaner because my cats shed like it's going out of style and my old vacuum choked on said cat hair.