Metal Music

Options
Heyyyy :) I've noticed a lot of people listen to music when they workout, like me, however everyone seems to have completely different music taste than me. I love to listen to screaming music (like motionless in white, crown the empire, woe is me, etc) when I work out because it keeps me pumped up and I work out harder; plus I love the music and sing along...it helps pass the time

anywho it would be fun to meet people who listen to that type of music, so we can share music, so our workouts can be much more enjoyable and new; or even just learn about some new music. so if anyone is into that please add! :)

Hope everyone had a great day!!

Replies

• kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Fear Factory is excellent for working out, particularly Soul of a New Machine. I'm with you on the metal!

Add me if you like! :)
  • krees78
    krees78 Posts: 10
    Options
    I listen to Disturbed, Stone Sour, Trivium and other 'hard rock' when I'm working out - again, which is different to most people I know who listen to dance-type stuff....

I just need the pumping sound - heavy bass etc to keep me going!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I turn on Pandora and use Adept or Dethlok as the base station. If I don't have to lift particularly heavy then it can be whatever rap, rock, dub...

I will say I enjoy listening to jazz while doing cardio... have no idea why.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I listen to Disturbed, Stone Sour, Trivium and other 'hard rock' when I'm working out - again, which is different to most people I know who listen to dance-type stuff....

I just need the pumping sound - heavy bass etc to keep me going!
    Oh shizzz.. I forgot about Trivium.. I used to listen to that back in high school.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    RIP Dimebag Darrell.
    When I was in my best shape of my life 15 years ago Pantera gets a bulk of the credit for the mental fuel. Though most of the Metal I listen to is pre 90's Metal.
  • Kalashnikova73
    Kalashnikova73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a nice mix of music of metal variants, like nu metal to black medal, to punk, to melodic hardcore, to even different types of techno.
    A day to Remember seems to help with that final push
  • BiblicalNinja
    Options
    The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, and For Today.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Anyone mention Lamb of God yet>>>> well someone should
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqgJc7DaDU4
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I turn on Pandora and use Adept or Dethlok as the base station. If I don't have to lift particularly heavy then it can be whatever rap, rock, dub...

I will say I enjoy listening to jazz while doing cardio... have no idea why.

Wow I need to add Dethklok to my workout playlist, thanks for reminding me!
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Katatonia are a swedish doom/prog metal band who are perfect for cardio. I don't know why, as they aren't exactly upbeat, but they have vocals, lyrics, riffs and beats to die for! And they are my very most favourite band ever :P All albums are good, but particularly good album to run/walk to is Last Fair Deal Gone Down.
  • xtrasmall
    Options
    bump
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I feeeeeeel the same way! I love METAL music while working out. Not just that but I love to play Metal music on guitar too!
    Some of the bands I listen to while working out are:

JOB FOR A COWBOY
    LAMB OF GOD
    DEVIL DRIVER
    THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
    AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK
    PARKWAY DRIVE
    IRON MAIDEN (for slower jogs or less intense workouts)
    AS I LAY DYING
    THE RED CHORD
    SUICIDE SILENCE
    CHELSEA GRIN

Just to name a few lolz that and sorry I put em in all caps lock but METAL music is SCREAMING so yep
    horribly pun, I know :)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    RIP Dimebag Darrell.
    When I was in my best shape of my life 15 years ago Pantera gets a bulk of the credit for the mental fuel. Though most of the Metal I listen to is pre 90's Metal.

Pantera are flawless. Amazing workout music.
  • xtrasmall
    Options
    Katatonia are a swedish doom/prog metal band who are perfect for cardio. I don't know why, as they aren't exactly upbeat, but they have vocals, lyrics, riffs and beats to die for! And they are my very most favourite band ever :P All albums are good, but particularly good album to run/walk to is Last Fair Deal Gone Down.

yay 4 swedish bands haha n pantera n metallica 2 haha
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    THE BASE THE ROCK THE MIC THE TREBLE I LIKE MY COFFEE BLACK JUST LIKE MY METAL!!!!!

love it, add me! :)
  • Jackson_Rhoads
    Options
    Now you are speaking my language and kudos to the girl who mentioned Fear Factory. Anything off the demanufacture album is awesome. I listen to all different types of metal.

Iron Maiden - wasted years (I know you know it but everyone should work out to it anyways)
    Fear Factory - body hammer
    Ozzy Osbourne - desire
    Pantera - shedding skin
    Dirge Within - as we prey
    God Forbid - better days
    August Burns Red - meddler
    Silent Civilian - ghost stories
    Tourniquet - swarming spirits
    Lazarus AD - revolution
    Spaceeater - merciful angel
    Machine Head - imperium
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I ran to Fear Factory Demanufacture yesterday but Rammstein are great to work out/run to too!
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Architects, Bring Me the Horizon
  • 111orBust
    Options
    Last week I started to listen to Sabaton (Swedish Heavy/Power metal) while lifting. I found it quite effective - my arms have never been so sore in my life :bigsmile:
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Been listening to the albums Superjoint Ritual - Use Once and Destroy and Exhorder - Slaughter in the Vatican a lot lately. Can never go wrong with the old school stuff like: Slayer, Pantera, Metallica, Black Sabbath(their new one is pretty bad@ss too)