Vegetarian help for more protein?

Options

Replies

• Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's the Internet, where people can disagree with you, whether you like it or not. But you just keep feeling superior, sweet cheeks. :drinker:

You're 44...isn't it about time you grew up? :noway: I seriously had to double check your age...Jesus Christ :laugh:

This cracks me up. Literally the only comeback I ever get from you little princesses is "you're old, Oldie Oldington!" Thanks for the update, buttercup. Yeah, I'm an old hag, one foot in the grave, etc., etc. And I wouldn't be your age again on a bet. Being old is awesome, because you reach a point where people's attempted jabs are amusing rather than hurtful. And honey, you are QUITE amusing, so keep 'em coming. That is, if you can think of something besides "zomg ur old lol". :drinker:

Truth be told, you're never too old to be a c___ to smug twits on the Internet. It can be quite invigorating to one's decaying body. Maybe you'll learn that yourself, in 12 years when you reach the antediluvian age of 44. Until then, you just keep staking out that moral high ground of Not Eating Animals. :laugh:

You have the wrong end of the stick (unsurprisingly), it wasn't a "jab" at your age, I'm just surprised by your immaturity, that's all :smile:

I thought you didn't have any more weapons in your arsenal. "You're so immature!" Darn tootin'. :drinker:

Guess what? You don't magically become a zombie when you're over 40. Well, you might, and more power to you if you do. But just because you're older than God doesn't mean you suddenly have to be sedate, polite, ingratiating, etc. You can still be a total b___. So really, why wouldn't you? All this social pressure to act like a "lady" just because you're "of a certain age"? Not buyin' it. And no, I'm not sorry either. :devil:
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's the Internet, where people can disagree with you, whether you like it or not. But you just keep feeling superior, sweet cheeks. :drinker:

You're 44...isn't it about time you grew up? :noway: I seriously had to double check your age...Jesus Christ :laugh:

This cracks me up. Literally the only comeback I ever get from you little princesses is "you're old, Oldie Oldington!" Thanks for the update, buttercup. Yeah, I'm an old hag, one foot in the grave, etc., etc. And I wouldn't be your age again on a bet. Being old is awesome, because you reach a point where people's attempted jabs are amusing rather than hurtful. And honey, you are QUITE amusing, so keep 'em coming. That is, if you can think of something besides "zomg ur old lol". :drinker:

Truth be told, you're never too old to be a c___ to smug twits on the Internet. It can be quite invigorating to one's decaying body. Maybe you'll learn that yourself, in 12 years when you reach the antediluvian age of 44. Until then, you just keep staking out that moral high ground of Not Eating Animals. :laugh:

You have the wrong end of the stick (unsurprisingly), it wasn't a "jab" at your age, I'm just surprised by your immaturity, that's all :smile:

I thought you didn't have any more weapons in your arsenal. "You're so immature!" Darn tootin'. :drinker:

Guess what? You don't magically become a zombie when you're over 40. Well, you might, and more power to you if you do. But just because you're older than God doesn't mean you suddenly have to be sedate, polite, ingratiating, etc. You can still be a total b___. So really, why wouldn't you? All this social pressure to act like a "lady" just because you're "of a certain age"? Not buyin' it. And no, I'm not sorry either. :devil:

I agree with everything you have just said...:noway: is this the first sign of the apocalypse or something?
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

You don't have any room to talk about anyone's immaturity! You have been nothing but a brat in this thread and others
  • VeganLexi
    Options

You don't have any room to talk about anyone's immaturity! You have been nothing but a brat in this thread and others

Oh piss off.
  • Siansonea
    Options

Oh piss off.

Case in point, I guess. :laugh:
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Oh piss off.

Who the hell do you think you are talking to little girl. It isn't my fault you are a poor excuse for a human. Hopefully you won't have kids, the world doesn't need more people like you.
  • VeganLexi
    Options

Oh piss off.

Sod it, I can't be arsed to argue any longer :laugh: it's draining.
  • Siansonea
    Options

Oh piss off.

Really? I find it invigorating. :bigsmile:

So, Miss I'm More Ethical Than U, what do you wear in place of leather clothing and shoes? I mean, I assume you don't own anything made of any animal products whatsoever, you being so ethical 'n stuff. Because killing animals for any reason is unethical, apparently.

Somebody needs to arrest all carnivorous animals, by the way, they're all being unethical. :tongue: Plants apparently don't matter. We can kill them all we want. They don't have faces! :huh:
  • VeganLexi
    Options

Oh piss off.

So, Miss I'm More Ethical Than U, what do you wear in place of leather clothing and shoes? I mean, I assume you don't own anything made of any animal products whatsoever, you being so ethical 'n stuff. Because killing animals for any reason is unethical, apparently.

Somebody needs to arrest all carnivorous animals, by the way, they're all being unethical. :tongue: Plants apparently don't matter. We can kill them all we want. They don't have faces! :huh:

I'll bite...You assumed correctly, I don't wear leather, suede or any other materials containing animal by-product (glue, wool etc).

Anyhoo, I'm done with this ill thread, it's been a pleasure.
    zài jiàn!
  • Siansonea
    Options

Oh piss off.

I'll bite...You assumed correctly, I don't wear leather, suede or any other materials containing animal by-product (glue, wool etc).

Anyhoo, I'm done with this ill thread, it's been a pleasure.
    zài jiàn!

U So Superior. I bet everyone you know thinks you're SO much fun to be around. :indifferent:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

Oh piss off.

This is proof that some people are threatened (or just bullies) by people that are vegan/vegetarian. She never claimed to be better than anyone. If you feel bad about not being vegan or whatever blame yourself. Don't pick fights with people. You make your own choices. Not too later at 44 to make a change.
  • Siansonea
    Options

Oh piss off.

This is proof that some people are threatened (or just bullies) by people that are vegan/vegetarian. She never claimed to be better than anyone. If you feel bad about not being vegan or whatever blame yourself. Don't pick fights with people. You make your own choices. Not too later at 44 to make a change.

:laugh: Riiiiiight. I ain't changing jack s___. Still gonna snack on those delicious critters. I'll have your share. :drinker:
  • VeganLexi
    Options

Who the hell do you think you are talking to little girl. It isn't my fault you are a poor excuse for a human. Hopefully you won't have kids, the world doesn't need more people like you.

I must have missed this little gem last night...

I wont bother retaliating against you, you most certainly are not worth much of my time, that's for sure.
    Karma seems to be taking care of you nicely (judging by the content of your profile) I hope you are having fun with all of that and long may it continue!

ETA - Aww you deactivated....I hope you're not drowning in your own bile or anything :drinker:
  • fxg20
    fxg20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat meat? Bang. Protein. Plus a lot of other nutrients we humans evolved to need. Why go to all the trouble of compensating for not eating meat? It seems like a vegetarian diet is way more trouble than it's worth. Humans aren't natural herbivores. That's just biology. :drinker:

She's vegetarian. She never disclosed her reasoning. Same as you ask her why not eat meat, why don't you stop eating meat?

Why defy eons of evolution? Why micromanage nutrition to compensate for the lack of meat? When you eat meat as part of a varied diet, you don't really have to overthink nutrition. You certainly don't have to worry about B12 deficiencies and such.

Lots of people have their reasons for not eating meat. Rape is part of evolution, would you condone people still rape freely just because it's a part of evolution? I would hope not. You don't have to worry much about nutrition as a vegetarian as most vegetarians get plenty of protein, iron and b12 without thinking about it. In fact, many meat eaters are also lacking in iron and b12. Most people with anemia you meet likely aren't vegetarian.

Rape is part of human evolution? Well, that escalated quickly. :huh:

And if vegetarians didn't have to worry about nutrition…okay what's the whole purpose of this thread, again? :smokin:

Everybody worries about nutrition on a weight loss site. The vast majority of posts asking for advice here will be from people who eat meat.

It was 0% harder for me to continue getting enough protein and B12 when I switched to vegetarianism. If I made more of an ethical commitment and went vegan it would require more careful planning but I like cheese too much to go there. However, if you do plan it out properly a vegan diet is just as healthy as one that includes meat. (And some will argue vegetarian diets can be more healthy)

Evolution has no impact on this, and it would be nice if you stopped derailing this thread with a personal crusade against a diet choice you don't like. Nobody looking for vegetarian advice has not already seen the "eat meat!" advice twenty million times and nobody really cares if it offends you that we don't want to hear it again.
  • VeganLexi
    Options
    Why not just eat meat? Bang. Protein. Plus a lot of other nutrients we humans evolved to need. Why go to all the trouble of compensating for not eating meat? It seems like a vegetarian diet is way more trouble than it's worth. Humans aren't natural herbivores. That's just biology. :drinker:

She's vegetarian. She never disclosed her reasoning. Same as you ask her why not eat meat, why don't you stop eating meat?

Why defy eons of evolution? Why micromanage nutrition to compensate for the lack of meat? When you eat meat as part of a varied diet, you don't really have to overthink nutrition. You certainly don't have to worry about B12 deficiencies and such.

Lots of people have their reasons for not eating meat. Rape is part of evolution, would you condone people still rape freely just because it's a part of evolution? I would hope not. You don't have to worry much about nutrition as a vegetarian as most vegetarians get plenty of protein, iron and b12 without thinking about it. In fact, many meat eaters are also lacking in iron and b12. Most people with anemia you meet likely aren't vegetarian.

Rape is part of human evolution? Well, that escalated quickly. :huh:

And if vegetarians didn't have to worry about nutrition…okay what's the whole purpose of this thread, again? :smokin:

Everybody worries about nutrition on a weight loss site. The vast majority of posts asking for advice here will be from people who eat meat.

It was 0% harder for me to continue getting enough protein and B12 when I switched to vegetarianism. If I made more of an ethical commitment and went vegan it would require more careful planning but I like cheese too much to go there. However, if you do plan it out properly a vegan diet is just as healthy as one that includes meat. (And some will argue vegetarian diets can be more healthy)

Evolution has no impact on this, and it would be nice if you stopped derailing this thread with a personal crusade against a diet choice you don't like. Nobody looking for vegetarian advice has not already seen the "eat meat!" advice twenty million times and nobody really cares if it offends you that we don't want to hear it again.

QFT
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Tofu and Soy are absolutely fine in moderation. Most of Asia have been eating it for hundreds of years and the Japanese have the longest life expectancy and lowest rates of heart disease in the world. Don't believe the scaremongering about GMO either - there is absolutely no clear cut evidence that it is harmful for your health.

I eat mostly vegetarian but I do also eat fish, so strictly I am a pescaterian (for protein!).

My favourite vegetarian foods are Tofu, Quorn, Lentils. Chickpeas, Beans, Protein rich veggies like Peas and Broccoli, Almond milk, Low fat greek yoghurt and high fat (it is good to have some fat!) Seeds like Chia and Sunflower, all nuts, and Soya products (in moderation). I also have a twice daily Whey Protein smoothie/shake which has really helped with my protein levels. Quest Protein bars are amazing! Have you tried them? All natural ingredients and 20g protein per bar. I also eat a Vegan Peanut and Maple protein bar as s snack (11g of protein).

Its very hard to get high protein from just veggies and pulses as a vegetarian. You have to consume so much to get adequate levels, hence why I use Whey and Natural (no sugar) protein bars. Howver I am following a diet plan for fat loss, so I have to eat between 150-200g of protein day.
  • VeganLexi
    Options

I must have missed this little gem last night...

I wont bother retaliating against you, you most certainly are not worth much of my time, that's for sure.
    Karma seems to be taking care of you nicely (judging by the content of your profile) I hope you are having fun with all of that and long may it continue!

ETA - Aww you deactivated....I hope you're not drowning in your own bile or anything :drinker:

You are so hilariously mean. If you weren't a total snob, we could have been pals. :laugh:

Aww shucks :blushing: :laugh:
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Vegan protein powder because shakes are perfect. :)

But things like, beans, hemp/flax seeds, Quinoa/whole grains, Lentils, Legumes, Tofu, Nuts/nut butters, seitan, tempeh, seeds,
    ^^^^^This

Quinoa especially. As far as I've heard, quinoa is the ONLY vegetarian COMPLETE protein. Make sure to have some quinoa in your diet if you are a vegetarian.
  • VeganLexi
    Options
    Vegan protein powder because shakes are perfect. :)

But things like, beans, hemp/flax seeds, Quinoa/whole grains, Lentils, Legumes, Tofu, Nuts/nut butters, seitan, tempeh, seeds,
    ^^^^^This

Quinoa especially. As far as I've heard, quinoa is the ONLY vegetarian COMPLETE protein. Make sure to have some quinoa in your diet if you are a vegetarian.

I love quinoa, I find it pretty filling and I love the way it takes on the taste of a dish.
  • Siansonea
    Options
    Quinoa? Gak. :sick: Tastes like sawdust. And what's with the non-intuitive pronunciation? :grumble: