March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    @Elise4270
    69 Beach is closed (as are all county beaches), Volcano house (for fish and chips) is closed.... there is no LavaMan Red to be found in any grocery store....
    But, yes, I got some bananas and (oranges!)
    p5ohacz66gxr.jpg
    k5n0sn0qzi6w.jpg

peace and love and untainted grocery cart handles, ya'll

Ah @honunui I need some of those bananas! Have plenty of oranges (and lemons) on my trees but alas no bananas!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Hang in there. Hopefully the lock down won't have to last too long.

@bearly63 Sorry to hear about your son. I'm surprised Uber is still running. I thought they are shutting down to avoid exposing people. I'm also surprised he is required to go into work when he isn't feeling well. He really should stay home and take care of himself. I hope he will be okay and get well soon.

• bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo He wasn't sick - at least feeling anything - until Friday night late. Chances are he was exposed a week ago and it took 5 days to develop symptoms, which means he was probably "shedding" virus before he knew he had it. He is locked down and staying in. He knows he is a danger to many. I am sending him a thermometer I was able to score today.

@kgirlhart Thanks....it's hard. Mom's never stop worrying regardless of the cubs' ages! Safe travels to your son and if your daughter needs to go to HEB, have her go at 7. They are forcing six feet of social distancing and only 40 at time in the store. Everything was pretty restocked and calm. I wore gloves and took my own bleach wipes for the cart.

@Elise4270 Thanks. I am actually going to try find some chicken soup for delivery. That will keep me busy <3
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @rheddmobile Is that just Memphis or all of Tennessee? I haven't heard anything here yet.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    Thanks @bearly63 and @quilteryoyo.

@rheddmobile I have wondered about the 6 feet of space with members of your household as well. I would think that it wouldn't be necessary especially if you share a bed with someone. But you are right, police driving by wouldn't necessarily know that so probably best to just keep distance.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @rheddmobile Is that just Memphis or all of Tennessee? I haven't heard anything here yet.

Ours is from the Memphis mayor but I believe several other Tennessee counties and cities are doing their own things. I have learned that googling my own county and setting the news to sort by most recent is the only way to keep track.

I hope we don’t do the car thing, that would seriously put a crimp in our abilities to help my mother with the farm.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @LoveyChar Not sure playing basketball is social distancing, but am glad people are getting outside and getting some exercise. WTG on your 7.5 fantastic miles!

@eleanorhawkins It is weird that you can't be in the car with your own husband, whom you live with. I guess they would have no way of knowing who it is, but still....

@rheddmobile It is hard to keep up. Here in my county, we now have 4 confirmed cases. Three are local university students who traveled together on Spring Break. There was a group of 7 students who went, so they are all being tested. So far, social distancing is being recommended and restaurants are closed except for drive through/take out.

Ooops. Just realized all of this is the C subject. I already gave my running news for the day earlier. So, to sort of keep on track, I did make three new recipes from the book Run Fast, Cook Fast, Eat Slow. They were all pretty good, even the kale. :wink: