March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    So, I entered a RunBet.
    I went running, my longest run this year (was pretty proud of myself, although I accidentally logged it as a walk.) I saved my run, exited the app, and walked home to cool down. Only for my run to disappear from the app because apparently cell towers went down?
    Well, awesome.
    So, I went running AGAIN. Because I'll be damned if I'm about to lose my money. This time I waited till I got home to WiFi to exit Runkeeper.
    And now they're BOTH there?

Congrats on your accomplishment!

If RunKeeper detects a bad transmission it will queue and retry when it can. That is probably what happened here. Sadly I suspect there was no way for you to know until you got back to a good signal.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    @teresa502 - that was one of the most obvious fails about my work still requiring customer access last week.... our customers are farmers and ranchers.... and most of us employees grew up in agriculture..... I had NO IDEA how strong the “must shake your hand” habit was. Like, I should have, because my “yes, sir” and “yes, ma’am” habit has survived many a chewing over “don’t call me ma’am/sir for x/y/z random reason.” but the habit was definitely a thing from both sides of our interactions, so we had no hope.

So, I’m glad your farmer had a work glove on... but yeesh.... holy habit Batman.... if anyone has a good way to break 33 years of handshake training, I am TOTALLY open to suggestion!!

The struggle is real! I just couldn't bring myself to elbow bump him!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    @Elise4270
    69 Beach is closed (as are all county beaches), Volcano house (for fish and chips) is closed.... there is no LavaMan Red to be found in any grocery store....
    But, yes, I got some bananas and (oranges!)
    p5ohacz66gxr.jpg
    k5n0sn0qzi6w.jpg

peace and love and untainted grocery cart handles, ya'll

Still a lovely sight. Be safe out there! Sorry about the beaches. Figure maybe one could argue the salt water was a natural barrier/ killer. Everybody in!

Eric says “hi”
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @bearly63 He's the same age as my twins. Chicken soup and hugs to the lad, and you as a parent!