March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I wish I could go for a run, but stuck waiting on the HVAC guy who they said he would be here "sometime today"

Nice to know that some things never change, even in these uncertain times.

I have to ask, are you a quilter?

No. I think it's an awesome hobby, but I've never done it. Do I seem like a quilter? I take it as a compliment.

A jelly roll is a roll of fabrics used by quilters.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I wish I could go for a run, but stuck waiting on the HVAC guy who they said he would be here "sometime today"

No. I think it's an awesome hobby, but I've never done it. Do I seem like a quilter? I take it as a compliment.

Oh, wow, I didn't know that!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Minnesotans were social distancing before social distancing was cool! :D

For sure! Also, sorry I blew you off without saying anything last weekend - I’ve been going in and out of a pretty bad head space recently and was probably hiding in bed.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Dreadmill run today - it rained all night, and though it wasn't raining in the morning, it was only in the 40's and I just didn't feel like going out in the cold (for me, lol), so did 10K and 1 mile cool down walk.
    Half way through regretted not going out as it was getting boring, but then I thought of @eleanorhawkins who did a HM on the dreadmill and so I kept at it!
    I'm debating on whether to run my HM that was supposed to be on Sunday. I should right? Ok I will. Why not, I'm ready for it so might as well. I do have time goal in mind, but even if I don't make that time I'll probably be glad I did it. Thanks for listening to my rambling.

As for COVID-19, a friend of mine lost her uncle (first death in Toronto)..yes he was 71, but he had no other health problems other than his age. He had never been in the hospital before. The virus took him in 7 days.
    His daughter and son-in-law are in fact Dr's at that same hospital and they were devastated as he had to die alone as they could no longer do anything.
    I have one completely blocked artery in my heart - the RCA. So yeah.
    It is very real. It is not over hyped. It is not fear.

Biggest hugs.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to walk today. I think I was outside too long yesterday and allergies got me, stabbing ear pain, headache, so I put the hammock up and laid outside in it some more.

So I was wondering, how many tp squares are you using (ladies).. I find 10 is nice, but 3-4 is doable.
    I was also wondering... how much sleep do you get? I notice dh is up when I go to bed and up when I wake. So, he gets like 6hours, maybe. I like 9 and I’m still a slug.

My 60l0 lb life or Tiger King or what else ya watching?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Minnesotans were social distancing before social distancing was cool! :D

For sure! Also, sorry I blew you off without saying anything last weekend - I’ve been going in and out of a pretty bad head space recently and was probably hiding in bed.

No worries, I think we're all getting through this as best we can. I've had my bed-hiding moments over the past couple weeks.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    8.5 miles today = 7.5 running + 1 walking, and only other exercise will be dumbbell workouts.

We have yeast now and a new bread baking pan so husband and I are going to bake bread now, should be fun.

@Elise4270 We got Disney + over the weekend so lately I've been watching older Disney or Disney affiliated movies, such as Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Sound of Music, Snow White, and last night I curled up with my baby and watched Toy Story.

@kimlight2 I would not settle for a virtual Marathon, as you registered to run it in real life. Do NOT cheat yourself, do NOT settle. You want to run a real life in person one, do it. Don't make your first a regret that doesn't count, if that's what you would consider it. I am excited for you and I do not want to see you settle for less than what you want or think you deserve. It's your money and I'm sure they can refund it.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    Just received the official word that the Cleveland Marathon was changed to virtual. :( I am at a loss for what I want to do. I really don't want my first half to be virtual because I really think I want the atmosphere which is strange for ultra introverted me to say. I feel like if I am going to work that hard I want a crowd to cheer for me. LOL. So what should I do? I have 5 more weeks of mileage building before my taper and my first 10 mile run planned for tomorrow. Do I keep going and just not run the race? Do I begin reducing my mileage until I get to a sustainable level for a few weeks until I need to start building for a fall half? Do I pour myself a hard cider and sit on the front porch (away from everyone) and contemplate the meaning of life and why I run? If you were in my shoes what would you do?

I think I would have the cider, and then I would take the “decrease to sustainable and hope for a fall race” option. I’m an introvert with social anxiety but I absolutely love the race atmosphere and think it makes a big difference when going for speed or distance PRs.

This is what I would do. Actually IS what I am doing since my Marathon went virtual... well not really I have a late summer 50k I am targeting now. Hopefully, it is far enough to still be held.

• PastorVincent
    Options

Erf the sun just came out too.

I had to wait for the plumber Sunday and missed my run. Luckily when they replaced it Tuesday Justin was home so I hid in the office and worked.

I really need to get a plumber in here too. You flush one toilet and the shower loses HOT WATER. Like seriously. Something funky going on. But that will take money and I am too busy spending that on canceled races right now LOL
  • PastorVincent
    Options

And see I thought it was a yummy treat that I can no longer have.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Hi guys! Dreadmill run today - it rained all night, and though it wasn't raining in the morning, it was only in the 40's and I just didn't feel like going out in the cold (for me, lol), so did 10K and 1 mile cool down walk.
    Half way through regretted not going out as it was getting boring, but then I thought of @eleanorhawkins who did a HM on the dreadmill and so I kept at it!
    I'm debating on whether to run my HM that was supposed to be on Sunday. I should right? Ok I will. Why not, I'm ready for it so might as well. I do have time goal in mind, but even if I don't make that time I'll probably be glad I did it. Thanks for listening to my rambling.

As for COVID-19, a friend of mine lost her uncle (first death in Toronto)..yes he was 71, but he had no other health problems other than his age. He had never been in the hospital before. The virus took him in 7 days.
    His daughter and son-in-law are in fact Dr's at that same hospital and they were devastated as he had to die alone as they could no longer do anything.
    I have one completely blocked artery in my heart - the RCA. So yeah.
    It is very real. It is not over hyped. It is not fear.

@hamsterwheel6 I feel your dreadmill pain. It doesn't get any easier! If you're intending to run your HM on it, be prepared to take a lot longer than you would outside :-(
    My new plan called for 4 miles at an easy pace this morning. Except what Hal (Higdon) claims should be my easy pace was hard as heck on that thing. Still, better than nothing.
    Tomorrow I'm meant to do 400m intervals at 5k pace. I know which button I need to press for the prescribed pace. I have no idea whether A.) I'll fly off the back cause my legs won't be able to keep up, or B.) I'll die before I manage 400m at that pace once, let alone 8 times!
    I will report back in about 12 hours' time, if I'm not nursing broken bones (distinct possibility, there's now a brick wall directly behind the dreadmill cause husband turned it round so he can walk on it while watching TV)

Well if you are going to be flying off it, at least get someone to video it for us. :)