Women 200lb+, Let's Keep It Moving This March!!!

Options

Replies

• chelleedub
    chelleedub Posts: 50 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @bluffgirl67 Thank you for the kind words.

@lbostic89lbostic89 I'ms orry for your loss. I also had a family suicide recently. You're not alone.

@KeriA Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that, ha ha!

@Terytha Maybe you could also pair a boiled egg, nuts/seeds or string cheese, plus a piece fruit with it? If you ever have to travel again and you have a chance to plan ahead, maybe you can possibly find a different shake with more protein? I find it helps to read review articles and then search online to see where the ones I want to try are sold. Personally, I'm a fan of Orgain's 26 gram GrassFed Protein Shake if you're lifting, or something plant based with 20g otherwise.
    It feels like the Ides of March came early for this group! But I'm glad we all had each other for support.

I think my slowed weight loss may have been due to "that time of the month," because I stepped on the scale this morning and my weight had dropped overnight from 168.8, where it had been holding steady, to 167. So that's nice.

I don't know if most of you are already aware of this (probably so), but I just read that for those of us who typically indulge on the American weekend (Friday - Sunday), we weigh the most on Sunday and the least on Friday, and therefore, our most accurate weight is on Wednesday. Food for thought. So I guess I'll punch in my weight on Wednesday, which is what I typically do ... when I like the number. Hehehe.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @chelleedub I don't have access to a fridge or any storage so I can only bring things I can fit in my purse that don't need to be cold. So eggs and fruit are a no-go. No nuts either, I hate them. So gross.

I've got the high protein Boost shakes, 27 grams of protein per shake. But liquids are not filling to me regardless.

Anyways it's only today and tomorrow, I'll survive.
  • kathrynegrady
    kathrynegrady Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

It’s been awhile... feels like forever 😔

@lbostic89 I’m so sorry for your loss. ❤️I hope your cousin is finding comfort in her family and friends. Make sure to do wellness checks on her as often as you can

@Terytha lol @ steering wheel instructions 🤣. That sounds like “beat your head against a wall awful”. At least the classes are only for 2 days. Is fruit or salads an option? I know most fast food places at least sell salads these days, or are you trying to avoid the temptation of going in at all? That would probably my biggest problem... side bar: my heart broke when you said eww to fruit lol

@losin_it_focused welcome to the group and congrats on day 1. One decision to change is all it takes. You’ve found a great group of supportive women with lots of experience and knowledge. You can lurk like I did for a few days or jump right in 😊

@takera16 sorry to hear you’ve been having a difficult time. It seems like March has beat the hell out of all of us and we’re not even half way through it. Glad to see you’re focusing on your health and jumping back in.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @kathrynegrady I love fruit! It's nuts that I hate. Mom was deadly allergic so I never tried any until I was well into adulthood, and I just don't like any of them.

I have nowhere to put fruit, is the problem.

Fast food salads are blech. I'd rather just cope with shakes.
  • kathrynegrady
    kathrynegrady Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @Terytha ooooh... gotcha. I read too fast lol. It’s cool... nuts have a lot of fat in them anyway. Can’t really get much bang for your buck. Well, at the very least, here’s to hoping your classes fly by lol
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    @sharpdust I think you're doing great with exercise. Life gets in the way sometimes, and that's okay.

@kathrynegrady meh, I don't really have cravings, because when I crave something, I find a way to fit it in. Last night I ate three mini kit kat lemon bars, 210 calories for the three of them, and, okay, I wanted more candy, because yes always, but eating a little took the power out of the craving.

@northropeandmoore welcome! this is a good group.

@jguldi11 Feel better and just take care of yourself. The flu hangs around for way longer than you'd think. :disappointed:

@lbostic89 you and your family have been in my thoughts recently. I'm glad your employer is so understanding. Take care of yourself today.

@shorepine I definitely do push things I need to the backburner- especially exercise. Being here on this thread has helped me stay accountable for what I do vs what I can find around the house that needs doing. Keep chugging away. The weight will come off if you're in a deficit. You may have to play with specifics, but it's going to work.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Take care! Sorry you're feeling poorly.

I'm baaack! And back on bp meds, which means water weight reduction! Which I'm honestly pretty okay with. If I have to take a bp med, might as well have a vanity side effect. :lol:

I've had trouble motivating myself to go running recently, due to the crazy shift, but now it's over, so no more excuses! Tonight's dinner will be easy to put together, easy to clean up (chicken sausage with feta and spinach, over spring mix and strawberries with some balsalmic dressing), so no excuses not to do my running today. Plus I'm only 6 miles from Crickhollow in my Bag End to Rivendell virtual running. Nerd alert. :wink:

I left my food scale at work yesterday, so I had to guesstimate my dinner portions last night. :sad: not going to do that again. I think it'll be worth it to just break my no-buying-new rule to buy a food scale for work. I haven't been able to find one at thrift shops.

It's Tuesday, just another day to do good work! Let's kick it!