Women 200lb+, Let's Keep It Moving This March!!!

Options

Replies

• kathrynegrady
    kathrynegrady Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Good evening All,

Looks like March is continuing to test everyone’s patience... but just know that every little thing you do, whether it’s keeping to your workouts, drinking more water, or even venting in this group, is a step in the right direction. Just stay determined to push forward no matter how many times you’re pushed to your limits

@Savannah80 I know that sometimes we have such high expectations of ourselves that we can’t always be proud of our accomplishments, but... from the outside looking in... completing a half marathon is one hell of an accomplishment and you did it with an injury. That sounds like soldier mentality to me! You know you’re none of the negative things you tell yourself you are, and every time that negative voice tries to make you feel bad for splurging, remind yourself of every single good thing you HAVE done, and build off that...

@TuesdayLucero I usually try to look at the menus before I go to the restaurant so I’m prepared with what my options are. That way, if needed, I can eat a little before I get there so I’m not starving if they don’t have many healthy options. Camping sounds like fun! Will they have activities there that you can do to burn calories, or maybe a hiking area just so you can balance out the food?

@torihudson6 at least you enjoyed yourself with family and friends. And your right, i can work on getting this sodium under control, I just have to really focus on the goal.

@JackyJax88 Hello! That’s a really great motivator for losing the weight. And besides the walking, I’m sure keeping up with a toddler can be a really great workout lol.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, weigh-in Wednesday!

Height: 5'6"
    SW: 236.4 (9/8)
    2/26: 196.4:
    2/29: 195.6
    3/4: 195.8
    3/11: 196.8
    3/18:
    3/25:
    3/31:
    March goal: 189.9

My non-scale March goals:
    • Exercise at least 15 min per day, 6 days a week. 2 gym workouts and lots of dancing, if that counts.
    • Water 128 oz. Probably closer to 80 oz on average.
    • Intermittent fasting @16/8. 2 of 7 days.
    • Eight hours of actual sleep. 5 of 7 days, but naps.

My husband and I just got back from a 5 day trip and I should have a t-shirt that reads "I survived Cancun." I ate what I wanted but tried not to overdo it. My husband likes to eat first thing in the morning and there was a outdoor bar that served fresh tacos, pizza and BLTs at the end of the night, so intermittent fasting was out the window. I drank every night, but tried to stick with vodka and soda - thank you @speyerj for that tip, which has served me well! After the first day, I decided to only log breakfasts and enjoy it.

So, all in all, I am VERY happy to be up only 1 lb over last week (down 1.5 from yesterday, as water weight comes off). It has been easy to compartmentalize the trip, and I am already back into my routine and healthier foods.

I am very relieved because my company cancelled its conference scheduled for later this month. Normally we would have hosted over 600 attendees and speakers at a hotel for 4 days. Cancellations were coming in right and left, so it would have been more like 200, but it still felt like an unnecessary risk given public health concerns right now. I have other events scheduled for this spring but I am hopeful they will be cancelled as well.

I'm looking forward to now taking control of March!

So happy for you and your progress! It's nice to get away, I haven't had a vacay in so long..