Women 200lb+, Let's Keep It Moving This March!!!

Options

Replies

• leanneellison1979
    leanneellison1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Its weigh day tomorrow and i cannot see myself losing anything. I feel all bloated and fat and i dont know why. Ive not gone over my calories at all and most days been way under. Im dreading tomorrow.
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @leanneellison1979 to could be a lot of things, including sodium, time of month, alcohol. Don’t be afraid of it. If you are doing the right things the loss will come. Maybe not when we want or expect it but just be consistent. I would weigh, use it as a data point, and move on so you can see what about your routine works or doesn’t work. But treat it like a science experiment if you are unhappy with the number. We are all on a long road with some bumps. You can do it!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself We are a one car family too and we too have 3 people too. My daughter is 25. Glad you BF is working from home too now. Yes I only have sips of my daughters shakes. I can’t afford them either. Good job being patient until you saw a loss.

@aliciap0116 you are wise to look ahead. This pandemic is increasing exponentially.

@1PoisinIvy welcome and you seem to be having a hard time like many here in March. Take care

@orangequilt hope you have a great trip and get home safely. Enjoy!

@shorepine All the best on your personal 5k. We will be with you in spirit.

@CupcakeCrusoe glad you are off your bad shift.

@sharpdust take care

@mmccloy12 good but challenging goal to work on turning negative thoughts to positive ones. I wish you all the best with that.

@aliciap0116 funny that you noticed that yesterday was the quietest day here. I started a word file of replies then we had to go out shopping to prepare for radical social distancing and was so exhausted after that I didn’t complete them till now.

@Terytha I hope that all goes well with your job.

@bluffgirl67 I was wondering where you were. Sorry about the bad news with your mother. No wonder you are in nesting mode. Take care. My mother lives in a retirement community and they have shut down the dining room and all activities. They deliver food to their apartments. So I have started to call her more. She and friends started an unofficial bridge game once a week.

@kathrynegrady how frustrating having MFP issues.

@Curvybaja55 Thank you for the work you do and I hope you stay safe.

@Tarzan37 I hope your sisters results are good. Glad you made some progress despite a challenging week.

@Aerohead hope you have a good spring break.

@BrownSugar174 Sounds like a nice day.

@asthesoapturns Well it is good some results came with muscle pain.

As to cancelled trips...My work cancelled my conference trip next month and I am okay with that even though I would be able to see my son. I really don’t want to expose him to Seattle germs anyway.
  • KeriA
    Options
    A lot has happened since I posted last Wednesday. I went onto my work email that night just to check and there was a new Covid-19 directive from the leadership. It said they ask all those over 60 to work at home. It is one thing for your Governor to recommend this but it is another for your employer to give the directive. There was another case in the part of the County where I work. So I felt I had a basis for asking my boss to work at home. I didn't know it but my husband was listening to my son and it turned out that on Thursday we both arranged with our employers to work at home. We had already decided to take Friday off so Thursday night we made a shopping list and on Friday we went out and got supplies so we could stay at home as much as possible. I think of it as radical social distancing. It is entirely reasonable given where I live.

It isn't just for myself but for others. We need to flatten what would otherwise be an exponentially increasing curve in our area and eventually in all areas or we won't be able to deal with the projected impact. The store employees were so professional and there were a lot of shoppers since schools were just closed in our 3 counties. Everyone was very courteous with one another.

My weight variations are lower and smaller so I hope to see another loss soon. With my allergies I didn't go to Aquafit this morning but with all the extra shopping yesterday I got a lot of walking in for me. Also we have alot of cooking at home planned for the next 2 weeks or more so that is helpful to me. I won't have to commute so this is the time to slip in more exercise.

I was very interested in the posts about organizing and scheduling for days at home. I hope to work on this. My youngest is at home doing school online but she is 25 so I do not have the issues younger mothers working at home with children have. My best to you.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Overeating yesterday and today, I think the uncertainty of everything is a big part. Those earlier ideas to set a routine are going to be necessary. Whenever I'm home for any extended time, eating mindlessly is too prominent.
  • KeriA
    Options
    @speyerj I feel for your daughter. That is hard having to get up at 5 for an 8 AM class, having to move out of the dorm in the middle of the semester. My daughter was already living at home so it is an easier transition. We went shopping during midday on Friday and there were a lot of people doing the same. So much for social distancing although we all tried. There was a lot of food but some shelves were empty. My husband went to Office Depot to get paper towels. He went to a less mainline drug store to get TP (just 1 large pack not hording). Otherwise we got most things we wanted at COSTCO and our neighborhood grocery store. I agree about getting outdoors for exercise. The one time I intentionally ate at maintenance to reset I lost too.

@cory17 I think you have a point. I make sure things I can’t avoid eating are not in my home but it seems like a reversal of this to stock up on foods. However as @speyerj suggests most of us can still get out of doors for a walk or run etc to get out of the house.

@Terytha Glad you checked into options and had good news. it is the weekly deficit that matters not the daily one. Stay warm.

@pamiede Glad you had a good vacation.

@lbostic89 there were people buying up all the supplies to price gouge on Amazon. So despicable. How can people try to profit from those who are in areas hit by this virus and taking supplies from healthcare workers. We are just getting enough to get by if one of us comes down with this and we are quarantined or to practice what I think of as radical social distancing which will help the healthcare system here (Puget Sound region in WA state) cope better if we can manage to flatten the curve. Fortunately we seemed to have baby supplies here.

@shorepine enjoy your trip!

@BrownSugar174 those are cute and you brightened up all of our day.

I am proud of our little family for planning meals for 2 weeks. Now we are going to have almost 2 hours free since we will not be commuting. It will probably mostly go to meal prep, exercise and cleaning the house. Yesterday I made a big pot of vegetable soup. I may make my chili today to be more prepared for the work week and have good lunch options now that we are home. It will also make it easier for me to log and check in here during the week. I need to re-evaluate my exercise goals.

Hope all have a good week.
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @lbostic89 thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you and your co-workers are doing. We have a tenant in our basement apartment who is a medical resident at the hospital. Two of her co-workers are being tested. I can't imagine how stressful this is for anyone in healthcare but I am in awe of you all. You are our heroes.

@brownsugar174 love those shorts. You look so happy and amazing, girl!!

@KeriA so glad you and your husband can telecommute. That must be a huge stress reducer and sounds like it will free up a nice chunk of time for you. I am trying to look at this as good family time.

@speyerj I'm sad for your daughter. Our daughter will be coming from her mom's to us, most likely Friday. She thinks the dorms will be open April 10 and is looking forward to a retreat at the end of May. I don't think they will reopen though. It will be nice to have her home with us.

@shorepine enjoy your vacation. Hawaii will be beautiful. Bring wipes to clean down the plane (tray tables, backs and fronts of the seats, and seat belt). And hand sanitizer. Flying isn't fun right now but I think flights are less crowded at least.

@terytha sorry you are going through a tough time. Financial stresses are hard.

I have had a stomach virus for the past two days and no appetite. In the good news column, I haven't been stress eating and have lost 6.3 lbs since Wednesday. I know I am just dehydrated and it will bounce back up. It was nice to see that number (190.3) on the scale and have an almost flat belly even if it isn't real, but I look forward to feeling healthier and strong soon.

Stay safe and healthy everyone. Sending hugs to everyone.