Neighbor wanting Autistic Child to be Euthanized...

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I would literally kick her *kitten* & gladly take the assault charge. Total inhumane *****

inhumane to do what, exactly?? to write a letter.

i'm no expert on Canada, but i'm pretty sure they have the whole freedom of speech thing there too.

Neither the original post nor any of the replies I read ( I didn't look at them all) were worth posting on a fitness site. Nothing to do with MFP.
    OK. To please you:

Can someone please look at my food diary and tell me if I'm eating right? Thanks!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling it was not a mom just a pissed off person under the guise of an angry mom.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    were there any americans in the neighborhood? doesn't sound like something a canadian would write.
    Excuse me? ALL people, no matter their nationality are perfectly capable of hate and bigotry. You've just proven that yourself.

Well you certainly proved one stereotypes about Americans - They don't understand satire unless it's blatantly obvious.
    Hey! Don't lump us all together. I got it. :-) Mostly because I'm familiar with the Capt's posting history. :wink:

I'll let you off because of your profile picture.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

How YOU doin'?
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    were there any americans in the neighborhood? doesn't sound like something a canadian would write.

I actually thought the same thing !

This woman is a coward ! If she felt so strongly about it she would have identified herself.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    On one hand, that lady is c*nt. The child isn't retarded. There is a difference between mental retardation and autism, but I don't expect some moron to understand that. On the other hand, the grandmother should not just put the kid outside to scream and upset the neighbors. She could be engaging him in some sort of activity that he enjoys and one that would keep him quiet and help him in the long run.
  • ladymiseryali
    Options
    I would literally kick her *kitten* & gladly take the assault charge. Total inhumane *****

i'm no expert on Canada, but i'm pretty sure they have the whole freedom of speech thing there too.

Neither the original post nor any of the replies I read ( I didn't look at them all) were worth posting on a fitness site. Nothing to do with MFP.
    OK. To please you:

Can someone please look at my food diary and tell me if I'm eating right? Thanks!

Are you putting the food in your mouth, chewing and then swallowing? If so, you're eating right!
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options

How YOU doin'?

... Lets take this to private messaging. :wink:
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I hope the letter writer is discovered and prosecuted and enforced by the Judge to do compulsory community service with autistic and special needs children and adults, then forced to meet with the families of autistic and special needs people who despite their disabilities have succeeded in life and if that isnt possible then they should be banged up and throw away the key because imo the letter writer is the one who needs to be euthanised.

My son had a traumatic delivery and birth he had a sub dural brain haemmorhage and wasnt supposed to live and if he did live to suffer the mental and physical consequences, then he was diagnosed with Aspergers, ADHD and OCD at 4 years old. We got told during his first years he might never walk or talk ( he did both), that he would be clumsy (he wasnt), that he would be backwards at school (he wasnt); but he did have severe behavior problems and would also scream and bang his head for hours on end, didnt communicate very well and was a slow speaker and reader. Fast forward to age 18 this summer and he attended a normal school, was a whizz at football, skateboarding and diablo ( good coordination) passed 9 GCSEs and has just passed 2 A levels, more importantly he has made friends, had girlfriends, started job hunting and is very good these days at modifying his own behaviours and is no longer on medication. All in all Im proud of him for what he has achieved and I would love the letter writer to know that their concepts of disability and limits and boundaries are seriously flawed, that child they hear screaming today might one day go to college and discover the cure for cancer or become the richest man in the world like Bill gates (Aspergers), .
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    As someone who used to be an autistic child, I'd probably spend my free time, standing outside the ****** off mother's house (I love when people use getting knocked up as a qualification or title), and sing my favourite song, impersonate sirens, and stare in her windows until I got bored.

I'm not sure how long it would last, I'm only in my 30's, but I've been singing 'Uptown Girl' by Billy Joel at random, semi-controllable intervals for as long as I can remember.

Don't ask me why, I'm 'mentally handicapped' remember.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

That's why it's listed on Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games (although this isn't a game, isn't necessarily fun, and is too serious a discussion for chit-chat). I agree, it would be totally inappropriate to put on "introductions," "success stories," or "recipes." If you prefer to stick strickly to fitness related topics it is totally within your user rights to stick strictly to the fitness related boards and groups.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I hope the letter writer is discovered and prosecuted and enforced by the Judge to do compulsory community service with autistic and special needs children and adults, then forced to meet with the families of autistic and special needs children who despite their disabilities have succeeded in life and if that isnt possible then she should be banged up and throw away the key because IMo the letter writer is the one who needs to be euthanised.

My son was had a traumatic delivery and birth he had a sub durla brain haemmorhage and wasnt supposed to live without suffering the mentlal and physical consequences then diagnosed aspergers, ADHD and OCD at 4 years old. We got told during his first years he might never walk or talk ( he did both) that he would be clumsy ( he wasnt) that he would be backwards at school ( he wasnt) but he did have severe behavior problems and would also scream and bang his head for hours on end, didnt communicate very well, was a slow speaker and reader, fast forward t age 18 and he attended a normal school, was a whizz at football, skateboarding and diablo ( good coordination) passed 9 GCSEs and has just passed 2 A levels, more importantly he has made friends, had girlfriends, started job hunting and is very good these days at modifying his own behaviours and is no longe ron medication. All in all Im proud of him for what he has achieved and I would love the letter writer to know that her concepts of disability and limits and boundaries are seriously flawed, that child she hears screaming today might one day go to college and discover the cure for cancer or become the richest man int he world like Bill gates (Aspergers)

I'm sorry. I can't help but read this entire post in Marge Simpson's voice due to your profile picture. You're a distraction, dammit! :flowerforyou:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    On one hand, that lady is c*nt. The child isn't retarded. There is a difference between mental retardation and autism, but I don't expect some moron to understand that. On the other hand, the grandmother should not just put the kid outside to scream and upset the neighbors. She could be engaging him in some sort of activity that he enjoys and one that would keep him quiet and help him in the long run.

you know, we're just getting one side of the story. we don't know what the grandmother does. from the letter, it does sound like the woman puts the child out into the middle of the street with no regard to anything else, but i doubt that is the case.

i'm sure the child is some where in the middle of the autism spectrum, and probably has moments and episodes where it gets extreme and other parents get concerned. and depending on the level of supervision of the autistic child, they have some right to be concerned. the parents should learn to educate their kids about their friend, explain to them things like "hey, the boy can throw a tantrum if such and such happens."
  • ladymiseryali
    Options
    As someone who used to be an autistic child, I'd probably spend my free time, standing outside the ****** off mother's house (I love when people use getting knocked up as a qualification or title), and sing my favourite song, impersonate sirens, and stare in her windows until I got bored.

I'm not sure how long it would last, I'm only in my 30's, but I've been singing 'Uptown Girl' by Billy Joel at random, semi-controllable intervals for as long as I can remember.

Don't ask me why, I'm 'mentally handicapped' remember.

Just hope she isn't armed and dangerous.

Btw, if that's Roland Of Gilead in your ticker, you are awesome!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Cowards!!!!! I hate'em! This is just sick. When they catch this "brave" person, send them to America. I would be glad to dish out some well needed punishment.
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

you know, we're just getting one side of the story. we don't know what the grandmother does. from the letter, it does sound like the woman puts the child out into the middle of the street with no regard to anything else, but i doubt that is the case.

i'm sure the child is some where in the middle of the autism spectrum, and probably has moments and episodes where it gets extreme and other parents get concerned. and depending on the level of supervision of the autistic child, they have some right to be concerned. the parents should learn to educate their kids about their friend, explain to them things like "hey, the boy can throw a tantrum if such and such happens."

I doubt grandma puts him in the street, but it sounds like he doesn't have much structure. Then again, like you said, we're only getting one side here. I would hope that the letter-writing coward is exaggerating and is just some ignorant dumbass with anger issues.
  • Jessimaaka
    Jessimaaka Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Based on the coverage I've seen, he is in a fenced backyard, bouncing his ball as it is a soothing activity to him. He probably makes excited noises just like any kid who is having fun will do.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    As someone with autism I am upset by not only the subject matter of the thread (which is understandable) but also by the way it got off topic into an American bashing argument. Thread reported.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    My heart breaks for the mother and the child I hope whoever sent this hateful and hurtful letter gets what they deserve. No person deserves this kind of treatment and it's sad that there are mean and hateful people in this world who feel this way.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know what they could prosecute the writer for. She didn't threaten harm to the child. As far as I know, being an *kitten* is perfectly legal.
This discussion has been closed.