Neighbor wanting Autistic Child to be Euthanized...

Options

Replies

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there are jerks in every country :-/

I saw this yesterday & was sickened. Sad that she is a mother herself. I hope they find out who it is but not sure the law can do much....I think they are trying to see if they can charge her with a hate crime.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    in fairness, kids in general are noisy.

my neighbors kids were gone for 6 weeks and i was in heaven, there was no screaming past 10pm, no running up and down the stairs making sure each step was stomped on twice while carrying an elephant, no screaming matches etc....
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    As a parent of an autistic child I was greatly disturbed by this -- It's almost too shocking to be believable!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just a small important note !! They do not know who sent this hate mail!!! So to comment on it was a "Mother" Is wrong. They claim it may have been someone in the neighbourhood.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Just a small important note !! They do not know who sent this hate mail!!! So to comment on it was a "Mother" Is wrong. They claim it may have been someone in the neighbourhood.
    It could have been a father, yes. But the person claims to have children and being "someone in the neighborhood" as opposed to "a mother" assumes there are no mothers in the neighborhood.

I don't quite understand your comment.
  • lisablueeyes
    Options
    In some of the comments "somone claims it was a "Mother who sent the mail"
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    What scares me about this communication is the fact that this person claims to have children. Even if it is someone who snapped, the writer clearly has issues. Issues like this leak onto your own children. Although this person's "normal" children may be as she claims or they could be abused by this parent. Emotionally is most likely.

The writer of the letter needs to be found and the children checked on, etc. The thing is that yes people snap about stupid things, but they usually stop themselves short of crazy letters being delivered. I would worry about the children of the letter writer.
  • lisablueeyes
    Options
    What scares me about this communication is the fact that this person claims to have children. Even if it is someone who snapped, the writer clearly has issues. Issues like this leak onto your own children. Although this person's "normal" children may be as she claims or they could be abused by this parent. Emotionally is most likely.

The writer of the letter needs to be found and the children checked on, etc. The thing is that yes people snap about stupid things, but they usually stop themselves short of crazy letters being delivered. I would worry about the children of the letter writer.

Argree 100%
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    were there any americans in the neighborhood? doesn't sound like something a canadian would write.

hahaha you're just jealous that we got the warm part of the continent. :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

It is addressed to "the lady living at this address" and signed, "One pissed off mother!!!!
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Wasn't the letter signed "from a p*ssed off mother"? Wouldn't that imply that it was in fact a mother that wrote it?
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options

It is addressed to "the lady living at this address" and signed, "One pissed off mother!!!!

Oh, you were faster than me lol
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    were there any americans in the neighborhood? doesn't sound like something a canadian would write.

hahaha you're just jealous that we got the warm part of the continent. :)

Since when are Canadians not American? MANIFEST DESTINY 4EVA!! Actually, you can keep them all except for Cont and Canadian president Michael Bublé. Let's see how well they fare without their president!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    "What the hell else good is he to anyone!!!!"

This was clearly written by a sociopath who does not value other human beings unless she thinks they are useful to her. If we should consider euthanizing any group of people (hint, we shouldn't) it is people with this attitude that needs to be euthanized first.

Yep... what a horrible excuse for a human... and to think, she's breeding :|
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    to read later
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I read about this last night. I was so angry! I can't imagine a person, especially another parent, writing a letter like that. Floored me into silence and that rarely happens. UGH!
  • missmmaynes
    missmmaynes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This letter is disgusting! If that was my child being attacked I would be pressing charges once they figure out who sent this letter. It makes me sad thinking that someone could be this nasty.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    It should be easy to figure out who sent it. They obviously live close to the people who received the hate mail and they most likely are the only people (aside from anyone who had to work) who didn't show up for the rally.

Or give them a very basic spelling and grammar test. The person that wrote that is borderline illiterate.
  • 220Dani
    220Dani Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Mom of the year! Stop the competition now! Excellent parenting skills of the woman who wrote this. Yes, let your kids be scared 'to hell' over an autistic boy who bounces his ball in his backyard and doesn't bother you as opposed to teaching them to be tolerant of people who are born with disabilities. And if you want to send a letter like that, man up and write your name. Don't hide behind an anonymous signature.
This discussion has been closed.