Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Women, Which is more loathsome - an unsolicited d pic or unsolicited advice in the gym?

Unsolicited advice is my #1 biggest pet peeve

In the future you might want to include a period at the end of your sentences.

I was totally under the impression that periods at the end of a sentence was rude...............

Am I rite?.

no, no. it’s capitalizing that’s rude
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    5ofseven wrote: »
    Women, Which is more loathsome - an unsolicited d pic or unsolicited advice in the gym?

How unsolicited are we intending? Like completely out of the blue, or just a little early/no stamp on the already composed invite?

You choose

Me too

So.....what if i observe you training and notice if you continue doing what you are doing you will most likely tear your rotator cuff.....do i, A- keep my mouth shut and let you do damage to yourself.....B - offer advice and let you do damage to me as you shout me down for mansplaining or some other sexist charge......or C - send a D pic 😆

Let the bro get hurt

Well you would hate me then. First off i dont normally workout in health club type gyms so this kind of thing rarely happens. Secondly, im a person first a bro second, if i see someone possibly hurting themselves im gonna say something and I dont give a rats *kitten* if it offends them or if they get all butthurt by it. They can curse at me or mean mug me all they want, ill smile at them and go about my business and leave them to their toils knowing i tried.

Now, if it isnt a matter of someone hurting themselves......i dont even acknowledge them let alone talk or give advice.

I once gave some unsolicited advice in this exact same situation.

The lady was going to tear a rotator cuff.
    She had horrible form, too much weight & a stupid angle on the bar.

She became super indignant:
    "I've been lifting for several years, blah, blah, my form is spot-on, blah, blah, blah...."

"Sure, okay lady; have at it. Sorry I bothered you."

Personally, i take my glasses off, turn my music up, and mind my business.

Personally I just don't go. I can tear a rotator cuff falling down my stairs thank you...and I have. 😬
    🤗
  • twitchandshout
    Options

I was totally under the impression that periods at the end of a sentence was rude...............

Am I rite?.

Nono, that's YELLING, which is also rude

i heard that 😁
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Am I rite?.

Damn Right !
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

How unsolicited are we intending? Like completely out of the blue, or just a little early/no stamp on the already composed invite?

You choose

Me too

So.....what if i observe you training and notice if you continue doing what you are doing you will most likely tear your rotator cuff.....do i, A- keep my mouth shut and let you do damage to yourself.....B - offer advice and let you do damage to me as you shout me down for mansplaining or some other sexist charge......or C - send a D pic 😆

Let the bro get hurt

Well you would hate me then. First off i dont normally workout in health club type gyms so this kind of thing rarely happens. Secondly, im a person first a bro second, if i see someone possibly hurting themselves im gonna say something and I dont give a rats *kitten* if it offends them or if they get all butthurt by it. They can curse at me or mean mug me all they want, ill smile at them and go about my business and leave them to their toils knowing i tried.

Now, if it isnt a matter of someone hurting themselves......i dont even acknowledge them let alone talk or give advice.

"I've been lifting for several years, blah, blah, my form is spot-on, blah, blah, blah...."

Personally I just don't go. I can tear a rotator cuff falling down my stairs thank you...and I have. 😬

I once tore a rotator cuff by patting myself on the back.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I think it should pretty much be a rule that you don't comment on another person's appearance. I don't like how I look and if someone comments on it, it just reminds me that everything I hate about my appearance is obvious to everyone, and likely the first thing they see. And it doesn't matter if they're commenting in a positive way.
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    I think it should pretty much be a rule that you don't comment on another person's appearance. I don't like how I look and if someone comments on it, it just reminds me that everything I hate about my appearance is obvious to everyone, and likely the first thing they see. And it doesn't matter if they're commenting in a positive way.

I can understand that. And it’s weird to compliment people on things they mostly have no control over. But I like getting nice comments anyway.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It depends if you think they're nice. I've gotten a lot of people who told me I looked like a football player, a bodyguard, and other oafish stereotypes that only confirmed to me that I really did look as unattractive as I had feared.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options

You choose

Me too

Let the bro get hurt

I once tore a rotator cuff by patting myself on the back.

I once pulled mine BADLY trying to pull a housecoat out from under me. 😂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

Well, you can take C off the choices right now and send them to me. Good idea, no? :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It depends if you think they're nice. I've gotten a lot of people who told me I looked like a football player, a bodyguard, and other oafish stereotypes that only confirmed to me that I really did look as unattractive as I had feared.

I agree. I've been called Moose when I was younger. It's not only embarrassing, it's(to me) derogatory. But if there's a trainer going through, or somebody who acts like they're being sincere and honestly want to help, then I feel it'd be more helpful. However, IF they don't appear helpful, or just need to feel superior then I'd thank them and keep on doing what I'm doing. I think each situation calls for specific reactions.

Maybe a silly comparison but during my dh and my first years together, we tried tennis. We were bad. His abilities were just as bad as mine. I figured we were in it for bonding time. :/ But he felt the need to correct my form, etc. Hey buster......:) You get the idea.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

Unsolicited d pic for sure. Someone would have to go through a lot of effort to spit some unsolicited advice at me in the gym. I wish those d pics were as rare.
  • twitchandshout
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Avast, m’hearties!

Are you more open with your friends or your lovers? With whom do you share more of your heart? With whom are you more honest?
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Avast, m’hearties!

Are you more open with your friends or your lovers? With whom do you share more of your heart? With whom are you more honest?

Lovers for sure. I bet they wish that they knew less about me. 😅
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Avast, m’hearties!

Strangers! Less potential for damage. Less connection. Easier to walk away from. Not sure what this says about me...

I don’t open up easily.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    When younger friends, but now that I am getting old I feel like I have less and less friends so my husband is the only one who knows all these days.
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Avast, m’hearties!

Strangers! Less potential for damage. Less connection. Easier to walk away from. Not sure what this says about me...

I don’t open up easily.

I feel this
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    When younger friends, but now that I am getting old I feel like I have less and less friends so my husband is the only one who knows all these days.

It is hard to make & keep friends as an adult