Silver Lining of the Coronadovirus

Options

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 Yes, encouraging one another any way we can. <3 There's no more food at my grocery store. The trucks haven't made it in for over week. No tinned fishes, meat, produce, dairy, bread, cleaning supplies. Not a single potato to be had. No potato chips or sparkling waters. No foo foo fun foods. Gone.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @BMcC9 Yes, encouraging one another any way we can. <3 There's no more food at my grocery store. The trucks haven't made it in for over week. No tinned fishes, meat, produce, dairy, bread, cleaning supplies. Not a single potato to be had. No potato chips or sparkling waters. No foo foo fun foods. Gone.

I've been ordering Domino's & via others since my grocery stores, didn't have enough. Hopefully that's an option, for you.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Horses dont carry COVID-19 so it's totally acceptable for me to spend all my free time with my new girl and ignore the rest of the world!

It's good to see you around. Enjoy your new girl :)
    Just to be clear, you meant new horse right?.. not new girl? 😉😆

haha, yes, my new mare :)
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I'm learning to bake and cook from scratch and I'm enjoying it so much, big shocker because I never would have seen myself doing this before all this mess. jiboz33hhci5.jpg
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    A resident in our gated community who operates their taco trucks in LA, OC and SD are going to operate as a delivery service instead of parking and serving. Proud of small business food service owners and my neighbors signing up to order $15 minimum to help keep their family business operational - 2 hours 400 familes.

Eta: I love birria tacos, and I DO NOT SHARE. Hmmm am going to see if I can order catering size @filling as I can make my own fresh tortillas.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »

Where are you located? 😮
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Covid 19 is going to force us to come up with so many different ways to fight viruses that we've never even thought of before...
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Covid 19 is going to force us to come up with so many different ways to fight viruses that we've never even thought of before...

Agree. At least we are more equipped today to have algorithms isolate viruses and churn out possible vaccines and maybe the plasma from recovered patients of COVID-19 vs the flu of 1918 where blood letting was the favoured course treatment. Recovery trajectory is promising, only with a few who have weaker immune systems preempting their times.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    The memes!
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    yjb6m85koawu.jpeg

New hairstyles coming into fashion.....

This one is going to give me nightmares. Friar Tuck on sooooo much juice.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    so now im hoping that drive-in theaters start to make a real comeback in the future.

Saw one being used for a church service the other day on the news.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    all of the movie theaters have been shut down for a while now here at least. which makes sense obviously.

so now im hoping that drive-in theaters start to make a real comeback in the future.

CA drive-in theaters are closed too. Many in SoCal make an event of it on Saturday nights, using their classic cars ( usually open top).
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    all of the movie theaters have been shut down for a while now here at least. which makes sense obviously.

Not sure where you’re at in Texas - but there is still a functioning drive thru off 45 between Dallas and Corsicana I believe. Might be off on the location but I know it’s off 45 just south of Dallas
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Plant based alternatives are going through a boom and maybe it can bring a new wave of vegetarians/vegan/plant based....

Also..

The term "meat plant" is so Orwellian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc6pnvTTNDg