edited March 2020
    Options
    Getting out of the Air Force
  • absandproteinshakes
    absandproteinshakes Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    2bh7n7ijhnae.jpeg

When every day was Xmas day and every night was New Year’s Eve for me. Those days are over and happy they are. Now I lives peaceful and frugal lifestyle. Man the devil was out back in the days.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    2bh7n7ijhnae.jpeg

When every day was Xmas day and every night was New Year’s Eve for me. Those days are over and happy they are. Now I lives peaceful and frugal lifestyle. Man the devil was out back in the days.

Umm.. what does a frugal lifestyle look like for you now? 😅 The tip alone would buy my car unless my eyes are missing some decimals
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Not watching 'The Dark Knight' in the theatres
  • JoeyTheWanderer
    JoeyTheWanderer Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    2bh7n7ijhnae.jpeg

Umm.. what does a frugal lifestyle look like for you now? 😅 The tip alone would buy my car unless my eyes are missing some decimals

I was seriously considering the possibility; that he paid in something other then USD.Even if I could afford those prices- I wouldn't pay $770 for Grey Goose; let alone the more expensive stuff. Red Bull for $9... 😰 At least now I know why people go broke after winning the lotto.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    2bh7n7ijhnae.jpeg

I would think if he is taking a pic of a receipt, that its not typical.... so maybe in general he is more frugal?
  • GettinLean19
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    2bh7n7ijhnae.jpeg

I would think if he is taking a pic of a receipt, that its not typical.... so maybe in general he is more frugal?

Well I call myself a frugal person now too which is why I’m curious what his frugal looks like and if we have similar ideas of frugal
  • GettinLean19
    Options
    2bh7n7ijhnae.jpeg

I was seriously considering the possibility; that he paid in something other then USD.Even if I could afford those prices- I wouldn't pay $770 for Grey Goose; let alone the more expensive stuff. Red Bull for $9... 😰 At least now I know why people go broke after winning the lotto.

I’m guessing its USD since it’s in the states..
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    2bh7n7ijhnae.jpeg

Well I call myself a frugal person now too which is why I’m curious what his frugal looks like and if we have similar ideas of frugal

Does frugal mean straight dollar amounts spent, or the ratio of income to spending amounts?
  • GettinLean19
    Options
    2bh7n7ijhnae.jpeg

Does frugal mean straight dollar amounts spent, or the ratio of income to spending amounts?

Ooh, good question. For me it means straight dollars spent. So even if i won the lottery I would still be that ornery miser that complained of being charged $8 for a bottle of water
  • JoeyTheWanderer
    JoeyTheWanderer Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    2bh7n7ijhnae.jpeg

Ooh, good question. For me it means straight dollars spent. So even if i won the lottery I would still be that ornery miser that complained of being charged $8 for a bottle of water

It's more a needs vs wants equation IMHO. There's a difference between spending money on something nice vs being scammed. Paying $9 dollars for a can of Red Bull; you can get elsewhere at $3 is being scammed. Passing up that Netflix subscription; because you want to save money is being frugal. Paying for that subscription if you can afford it is alright but not frugal. Paying for it if you can't is being stupid. The average person tends to be a balance of frugal/alright and stupid with their money.
  • GettinLean19
    edited March 2020
    Options
    2bh7n7ijhnae.jpeg

It's more a needs vs wants equation IMHO. There's a difference between spending money on something nice vs being scammed. Paying $9 dollars for a can of Red Bull; you can get elsewhere at $3 is being scammed. Passing up that Netflix subscription; because you want to save money is being frugal. Paying for that subscription if you can afford it is alright but not frugal. Paying for it if you can't is being stupid. The average person tends to be a balance of frugal/alright and stupid with their money.

My sister has been unemployed for over ten years due to crippling anxiety. I am sympathetic, I am. But it really kills me when they use her twin’s credit card because they can’t afford gas and food on a consistent basis but they’ll blow their tax return on a surround sound system and mani/pedis 😖

Edit: ‘they’ being my sister and her husband and kids
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Not taking all the opportunities of many kind that came my way. I turned them down because I was scared. That and the way I treated people in the past.
  • svj72
    svj72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There are many regrets in my life, where should I start? Not being able to finish a career.
  • absandproteinshakes
    absandproteinshakes Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    2bh7n7ijhnae.jpeg

These are US dollars 💵.

Frugal meaning, that night life for me is over and done for the last 5 years. Not living beyond my means like I was when I was in my early 30s, as an executive that was and still is very rewarding these days. Now my money goes into my retirement. Goal for me is to be retired by 55. I’m 41 now. So far so good.