Messages from creepers :-/

Options
Gaygirl2120
Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
edited March 2020 in Chit-Chat
Share the most cringey messages you have gotten from people on here. I’m not sure if screen shots are allowed. (They're not- edit by MFP moderator) But to sum up my latest experience.

Some dude send me a fr, I add everyone so I add him. He sends me a message “Thanks for the add, how are you?” I politiey reply tell him “I'm good and no problem.” He asks what I’m doing. I tell him “I’m hanging out at home with my wife.” He then proceeds to tell me how hot he thinks I am and my wife must be hot too so can he be our 3rd partner. Gross, just gross 🤮 #unfriend

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    just gotta hit em with that "aww thanks! always nice to hear from the fans" or maybe just like a cold, soul-shivving "lol" and nothing else

but tbh some girls are just as bad about it. only they *typically* try to be a bit sneakier and less blatant, which is silly cause most guys will go for it if she was just honest about what she wanted from the beginning.

😑
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I don’t get the messages - time to change the pp to the headless torso - that’ll getm - im sure of it - cause nothing the ladies love more than a headless torso - Amirite ladies ????

How you doin? 😉
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    To everyone who finds my messages "creepy", I'm sorry...and I prefer the term "socially awkward".

It was never my intention to get to see your *kitten*

😂❤️
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    To everyone who finds my messages "creepy", I'm sorry...and I prefer the term "socially awkward".

:laugh:
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

k3tAzTH.gif
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Generally, I don't DM on any social media unless I know you in real life. There's zero need. All convos are out in the open, please and thank you.

It's also the reason I don't accept MFP FRs. So no offense to anyone who fleetingly wondered why I didn't respond. 🤷🏿‍♀️

The only person I know using MFP is a co-worker. We chat during work breaks about our health progress.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I get FR and I have always accepted them and then I always get a message from that person. Maybe I'm naive, but I didn't think MFP was a dating site. I usually just mention my husband and kids and that does the trick.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    It helps if you replace your pretty photos with photos of things people find abstract or unappealing.

Or... consequently, if you are a cat. I don't get creepy messages because I don't put myself out there to get them. I hide behind the anonymity of random cat pictures. :tongue:
    Truth. I get more random friend requests when my pictures are a certain style. Overly made up or boobs showing suddenly everyone cares about my fitness journey.

😁
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    I hope some of y’all are reporting the disagree abuse.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    It helps if you replace your pretty photos with photos of things people find abstract or unappealing.

Or... consequently, if you are a cat. I don't get creepy messages because I don't put myself out there to get them. I hide behind the anonymity of random cat pictures. :tongue:
    Truth. I get more random friend requests when my pictures are a certain style. Overly made up or boobs showing suddenly everyone cares about my fitness journey.

Nah, I used to get more messages even when I would just have a profile photo of myself, no makeup, no cleavage/boobs showing. And if anyone bothered to look at my profile, it states quite plainly that I have a family, so...

I just found it easier to hide behind the cat photos.

I mean, y'all can disagree with my assessment all you want, but I'm just telling you what worked for me. I don't get DMs or FR requests at all anymore since taking down photos of myself. I'm also not here to attract a mate, show off or get an ego boost from random DMs and male attention, so maybe that makes a difference.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Is it petty or precise that I assume the people vehemently clicking the "Disagree" button in this thread are the same ones who send inappropriate FRs?

:lol: Probably an accurate assessment.