Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adaptable This April!!!

Options

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    KeriA wrote: »
    @cesse47 Thanks for sharing what your Dr advised. I can only do 15 minutes on my Gazelle but if I chunk it that means more. As to food choice variety that is something I am doing well at right now. It was because I am doing more food planning, so we can avoid going to the grocery store. I set up a shopping list in table form so when we do go we make sure we get everything we need. I made a list of 28 meal ideas and when I make one I grey it out. I highlight the ones that I will be making for the next few weeks. I found I really only need a week’s worth since most dishes involve leftovers. I use cauliflower to mix with pasta or potatoes to lower the carbs in dishes I make. Macaroni & cheese is really macaroni cauliflower and cheese and I add veggies in like spinach to make it more healthy and less calories. The thing about cauliflower is that although when its cooking it smells like cauliflower when you mix it with other foods it doesn’t taste like anything. It basically blends into whatever you are mixing it with. So if you make half cauliflower and half pasta your mind just reads it as all pasta. However other than that I just make regular meals. Home cooking is healthier than eating out and I tend to lose better eating at home. We like vegetables so we either have them in the dish or on the side. I often mention my meals I am making since I am furlough and my daughter and husband aren’t I am doing most of the cooking. When I am working fulltime I don’t do as well at home cooking.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep an eye out for your meals to see if there's something I can add to my own. I found a site yesterday --- skinnytaste.com --- and scanned their meal planning categories. Found 5-6 new recipes that I'm interesting in trying. Today I'm building my grocery delivery list and will include items so I can make the new recipes in the coming days.

Thanks again! Have a great day! :)
  • cesse47
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Feeling good today. I thank Roxie my dog for always being ready to go for a walk. Yesterday I was furloughed from my job selling new homes. My new focus is on my health and fitness...and overall well-being.

I'm so sorry you were furloughed from your job. Glad you filed so quickly. I'm sure Roxie will love having you home every day!! By targeting your health & fitness, you'll be able to better achieve your goals here on MFP. Good Luck!! :)
  • cesse47
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    @cesse47 - when I get into a cooking rut I browse through the New York Times Cooking Website and find something new to make. Right now I think you can access some of the recipes without a subscription. But of course there are countless other sites you can go to. Here's a link to the NYT site:
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/?action=click&module=nav&region=logo&pgType=recipe-page

Thanks! I did check out the link and found a couple of interesting dishes ... just have to see if I can scale them down for 1-2 people. I did find a link -- skinnytaste.com -- and found a few other recipe ideas. Most seem to be for 4 servings so I can easily cut them in half. Thanks again!!
  • cesse47
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I gathered all my courage and asked my boss not to order lunch for me today.

Good for You!! :)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @sqwoo Welcome! Behavioral addiction to sugar is absolutely a thing, and it can be just as miserable to deal with as any chemical addiction.

I'm a pretty picky eater myself. I suggest not trying to make too many changes to what you eat for now and just try to limit how much of it you eat. It tends to be easier to manage.
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @speyerj I am a huge fan of NYT cooking too! It totally helps me get out of my rut. If there is a 5 star recipe on there that looks good- it is pretty much a guarantee that it is going to be amazing. They have had some cool features lately on cooking without a recipe, or cooking with random stuff in your pantry, that are targeted toward this "interesting" time.

@aliciap0116 I hate when my weight is lower on other days besides "weigh in" day. I guess I've kind of decided to stop having a specific weigh in day because of that reason, since it seems like it's not fair! You're doing amazing.

@cesse47 good for you for knowing what works with regards to working out. I know exercising first thing is the best for me, too, but somehow I can't seem to get myself motivated.

Today my goal is to log everything, avoid alcohol and bingeing. Easier said than done, but I gotta keep trying. I am so grateful for my treadmill. It was a whim of a purchase last summer- a good friend was moving to a small apartment and couldn't take it and I offered to buy it. I prefer to run outside, but all of my favorite parks are closed right now and I live on a country road that is OK for running but it gets old. Also, I'm the main parent on duty right now so it's rare to be able to escape on an outdoor run. With my tread I can just hop on whenever and still keep an eye on my kids. My seven year old likes to join me on my runs sometimes, but my younger daughter is too young.

Without my treadmill it's safe to say that exercise would be harder to come by right now. In the "olden days" (pre-covid) I swam at the rec center, ran outside in some local parks, and took spin classes at a spin studio place. All of those options are now closed.