Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adaptable This April!!!

Replies

• @jacindabarbee81: That's about the weight I started at too. You'll be surprised how fast it will come off and how good it will make you feel.

The really brilliant thing is that all you really have to do is to eat at or just under your calories. You CAN certainly exercise, and it's going to give you extra calories when you do, but if you can't, don't beat yourself up; just eat according to plan and keep moving forward.

I find personally that knowing that I can have a small amount of chocolate or small cup of ice cream makes my psyche decide that it's okay and I don't need to panic and do eating-disordered stuff. I don't have ice cream every day or anything, but often enough that I don't feel deprived. I have, however, stopped baking because if cookies are there I will eat them. If you are like that with sweets, then yeah, you will have to give them up, at least the ones you have problems with.

But it's so worth it. I really look forward to seeing you post!

• mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    @speyerj so sorry about your ankle😔 but awesome you ran your best time! Take it easy on the ankle and good luck with the 8 mile run!
  • jacindabarbee81
    jacindabarbee81 Posts: 12 Member
    @cesse47 Thank you so much :)
  • jacindabarbee81
    jacindabarbee81 Posts: 12 Member
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971

I appreciate you sharing. Thanks Soo much. :)
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @cesse47 Great idea about checking your carbs, sodium, etc! I've been quite focused on calorie intact, although eating less carbs than normal! I also love Leslie Sansone walks, your Dr is right about chunking it! I find some days I feel stronger than others so I adjust the exercise accordingly. I'm going to look up Richard Simmons, I love the idea of stretching to the classics.

@jm216 Welcome, it's a great day to start! Good luck on your journey. I hope Roxie enjoyed her walk in the drizzle.