Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adaptable This April!!!

Options

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in

SW: 272
    3/31: 242
    4/9: 241.5
    4/19: 241.5
    4/26: 240

April Goals
    *No specific goal weight, just below 242. Yay, happy to have lost 2lbs for the month! I'm surprised honestly, I was anticipating a gain. I felt like I was eating a lot and I didn't track for a few days, but it feels good to know if I'm not tracking that I'm still doing okay.

*move EVERY day: Did not do as well as I could with this, but May will be a fresh start.

Congrats on meeting your goal!! Well Done!! :)
  • cesse47
    Options
    Took the lemon meringue pie (which came out lovely) up to my mom

This is my all time favorite pie! My Mom made the best and she made it for my birthday instead of cake. I've found a recipe for a single serve pie that I'll be making one day soon. Can't wait!! :)

Nice you live so close and I'm sure they love getting such treats from you.
  • cesse47
    Options
    mmdeveau wrote: »
    Sounds like many are still having issues with the scale. Quarantine is such a challenge. I think I’m snacking more being at home – and I keep a candy dish at my desk at work that I can more or less successfully avoid. I think where I’ve been able to compensate is by eating salads every day at lunch, and even for dinner at times. I think I need to follow @pamiede’s example and crack down on the snacking.

I will check in on the last day of the month – easy enough to do with daily weigh-ins. We’ll see if I can hang on and make the 168-pound goal. I’ll also think about what I want to do for May. I think after taking it a bit easy on myself for April, I might have more focused goals for May.

We’re almost there…

Snacking an issue here this past week. Granddaughter gifted me with a bag of Hershey Miniatures, darn it! I've tried so hard not to have any sweets or treats and now there's chocolate calling me in the dark of night! LOL It was much too tempting so I portioned into 4 bars per baggie and put them in the freezer ... this seems to be helping. So, now I can plan for them in my food plan if I choose to do so.

Good Luck on meeting your goal for the month!!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Took the lemon meringue pie (which came out lovely) up to my mom

This is my all time favorite pie! My Mom made the best and she made it for my birthday instead of cake. I've found a recipe for a single serve pie that I'll be making one day soon. Can't wait!! :)

Nice you live so close and I'm sure they love getting such treats from you.

Recipe please! My favorite pie, too. But if I have a whole pie, I’ll eat a whole pie!

• cesse47
    Options
    I belong to a Facebook group run by Joanie and she links back to her web page for many recipes. She recommends a 4 inch round ramekin so I'm set there. At 600 cal, it's almost 1/2 of my daily limit so definitely this is a day I really have to plan ahead for so I don't completely blow it. If possible, I may eat only 1/2 and save the other 1/2 for the next day ... but chances of that happening are slim. LOL

So, here's a link to her recipe --- https://onedishkitchen.com/lemon-meringue-pie-for-one/?fbclid=IwAR0zK2M24sYC9eXsNnB7YFqvkvi9FnPO_XoU8T30YNekQecgA98QzkMNQOo
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    @cesse47 Thanks. Good website. I’ll try it and some other things.
  • cesse47
    Options
    @cesse47 Thanks. Good website. I’ll try it and some other things.

You're most welcome. I've tried a couple of her recipes. The one I'll definitely do again is the turkey cutlet.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I had one of those mornings where my gut woke me up two minutes before my alarm went off. I hope that's not an omen for the day ahead! Lol.

For a change, I was a little hungry in my sleep just before I woke up. I noticed it but it wasn't big enough to wake up for. And, of course, now that I'm awake I still am dealing with the morning reluctance to eat/minor nausea I always have.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 44 y/o. No clue what my current weight is. I had surgery 1/126/2020 and the plan was to shoot straight to a gym as soon as my doctor cleared but by the time that happened it was no longer an option. Started walking by my self. Then my husband ended up home and we were walking together. I work as a Customer Service Representative for a pest control company and we're considered essential so no more walks with the hubby. Can't walk during my lunch break its way too hot by then and it's only a half hour right now because we're working limited hours. Any tips on videos or at home work outs would be greatly appreciated.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @packersfan0103 Hi welcome to this thread! I use the Leslie Sansone power walking utube clips, they are great if you only have a limited time!

@cesse47 Well done on your self-control! I think it's a vital tool to learn. Scrubbing walls sounds like exercise to me!

@FredaMaree Hi welcome! Good luck on your journey, great support on this site!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @cjkirton123 - we don't sell products to one another on this thread. I've flagged your post as spam and recommend that others do the same.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,274 Member
    Options
    Rosie3579 wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me, speyerj, that you can reset your starting weight! I hadn’t thought to do this, and honestly it was kind of depressing to still be trying to get down to my previous starting weight. I just updated my starting weight, and the graph is so much happier now and better reflects how much I have been trying over the past 4 months.

It wasn't until recently my weight loss was showing on MFP. MFP shows I have lost 6 pounds now but since mid December I have really lost 12 pounds. I realized that was when I 1st got on here I had lost 6 pounds so it wasn't my highest weight. I also had left my weight where it was when I lost some weight a few years ago. I finally have gotten past both of those losses so that my loss is showing. That is an achievement in and of itself. Great job making progress.