So, I went to the Dr. a year ago today and the news was terrible!

Replies

• eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Wow, you didn't just loose weight ---> you became super hot :kissing_heart:
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 214 Member
    Congrats 🎈
  • MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 205 Member
    Congratulations!
  • scwhitenewb
    scwhitenewb Posts: 5 Member
    hey congrads. Word of caution I did almost exactly the same thing at 55 lost from 285 to 181 over about a year and kept it off for couple years. I Hit 253 a few weeks ago and back at it. It determined to turn 60in Oct at 180. It was a gradual slide the last couple of years and got over confident I could check it. The latest 25 was scary fast.
  • scwhitenewb
    scwhitenewb Posts: 5 Member
    hey thats great! Thanks! Wasnt trying to dampen your story just thought my experience might be good to keep in the back of your mind. I was really very on top of it for a few years but after a while I think its good to let eating right and exercising just become the new normal and not a front center focus. I think I burned myself out by making it too much.

The lesson I am trying to take from my plight is that I need to weigh and mark it every week and do those mini diets. Seemed very manageable for a while. I eat healthy, just too much. My labs at 250 were just fine with everything in green zone. My issue is very basic, I work at home from a desk and a well stocked kitchen and graze all day. The bigger you get the more you want.

The calorie counter here is great and I am going down, 6 so far and I know from experience that I put together about 4 months I will be back where I should be and in just a couple will start looking and feeling good. My 60th is Oct and anual phy is Nov so two good motivating dates coming up.

Again congrads!
  • Scrplyrn
    Scrplyrn Posts: 1 Member
    Inspirational, thanks for being transparent!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    Hey, well done! Looking awesome!!! 👍
  • barbiescruggs4723
    barbiescruggs4723 Posts: 1 Member
    Great job
  • paigec84
    paigec84 Posts: 1 Member
    So inspirational! For those of us in our 50s, things seem a little more difficult. This is the encouragement I needed to keep going!
  • GerritBR
    GerritBR Posts: 12 Member
    Congrats
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Amazing and inspirational. Congrats!!
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Wow, incredible story and transformation! Congratulations your hard work paid off and inspired so many others!
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Thanks so much for sharing. I love to read success stories and yours is a great one. Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    edited May 2020
    Great job!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Wow.. congratulations on all your hard work paying off... you look great 👏👏
  • antheagedge1951
    antheagedge1951 Posts: 1 Member
    Just starting my journey and yours has been a great inspiration to read. Well done. MY BP is very high and my weight puts me in the obese range. So here goes - I will check in with my progress - need to get rid of many inches off my waist and at least 52 Ibs - I am 5'2. I am introducing a mini trampoline (rebounder) into my exercise regime having done a lot of research. Would be interested to hear from anyone else who has had success with one. The best appears to be Dave Hall;s cellercise in the US. Lots of Utubes and videos. So here goes. Wish me luck.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    It is just doing it..and you are right..the excuses ??? are the worst. they seem like reasons when you buy into them....but they're not.
    Great job...enjoy your fit life.
  • abracadabra9933
    abracadabra9933 Posts: 8 Member
    Really awesome. Love the narrative and the pics. I'm inspired!
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Congratulations...you really have inspired me. 🏆🏆🏆
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!