What is your MBTI type?

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    INTJ

You should hook up with an ENFP

are they kinda like submissive and cry a lot?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    shannmcq45 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ESTJ

for training - weights 80%

for cardio - cycling. 20%

ENFP. For years when I was depressed I tested as INFJ. Not sure that means anything

We are opposites in personality type

But we are exercise compatible

In keeping with the subject of this thread, does personality type have any correlation in regards to preferred physical activity?

Cycling and running can be social, or not. i.e. - running groups vs. the loneliness of the long distance runner.

I think that’s what OP wants to figure out.

Lifting can also be social.

Idk. I like to lift in groups but walk/run/hike alone.

Yes that's what I'm trying to figure out. So far it's all over the map! Funny how Motorsheen the ESTJ (detail oriented and serious) redirects Twitchy the ENFP (curious and carefree) back to the subject 🤣🤣. NF types like me can go on all day talking about this!!

remember there are also established relationships here. And there are qualities that present online aren’t always obvious IRL and vice versa. For example @Motorsheen is not what I’d call serious in this forum.

@TwitchyMacGee

giphy.gif
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    INTJ

define a lot
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    INTJ

define a lot

🤣right?
  • shannmcq45
    shannmcq45 Posts: 16 Member
    shannmcq45 wrote: »
    ESTJ

ENFP. For years when I was depressed I tested as INFJ. Not sure that means anything

We are opposites in personality type

But we are exercise compatible

In keeping with the subject of this thread, does personality type have any correlation in regards to preferred physical activity?

Cycling and running can be social, or not. i.e. - running groups vs. the loneliness of the long distance runner.

I think that’s what OP wants to figure out.

Lifting can also be social.

Idk. I like to lift in groups but walk/run/hike alone.

Yes that's what I'm trying to figure out. So far it's all over the map! Funny how Motorsheen the ESTJ (detail oriented and serious) redirects Twitchy the ENFP (curious and carefree) back to the subject 🤣🤣. NF types like me can go on all day talking about this!!

remember there are also established relationships here. And there are qualities that present online aren’t always obvious IRL and vice versa. For example @Motorsheen is not what I’d call serious in this forum.

Absolutely! I just couldn't help it! It was classic 😂. And your profile photo is also classic ENFP. 😁🤣Though the fact that you were INFJ once shows you have another side. NF types are known for being a mystery even to themselves!!
  • shannmcq45
    ESTJ

Weights make sense for your type since ST types really enjoy intense physical connection. It makes you feel alive! And specifically ESTJ types are very masculine 🏋️💪💪
  • shannmcq45
    INFP; basketball... but

Can I talk to you about the voices in my head tho 🙁

I have to say that the INFP type is the most sensitive of all types. But they keep that to themselves as much as possible. A lot of inner conflict and truly the potential for voices in all seriousness. It's extra important for NF types and especially INFP to do intense physical activity to stay grounded and connected to your body as you're at risk for spending too much time in your head. Weights would be a great addition to your basketball!!
  • shannmcq45
    I've tested before as an infj... And I'm a mix on the exercise honestly...

I think I put more stock in cardio like running but these days, for my body comp goals, and physical limitations from overuse injuries... I lean more towards lifting and control over my diet...

But I'm going to take this test again because a lot has changed in my life since the last time I took any test 🤷🏽‍♂️

Well I addmittingly am definitely more extroverted now than I use to be... Looks like I'm now an ENFP now

I think many would agree with this assessment of me, both good and bad...

Yes I've seen this a lot with the INFJ/ENFP. It MIGHT be an indication of bipolar traits (manic ENFP, depressive INFJ). Or put another way, you're tired of taking life so seriously and just want to have fun now!!!!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited April 2020
    INTJ. Once upon a time (a decade or more ago when I took the 500 questionnaire version of this test at a therapist's office), I tested as something else, also within the IN spectrum, but it eludes me.

Funny thing is, I'm an illustrator by trade, so not sciences, engineering or anything relating to those fields, although I find them HIGHLY fascinating.

As far as exercise: I enjoy walking (ALONE), playing Pokemon GO (walking), cycling and using a row machine. If I had a home gym set up, I would probably enjoy lifting weights as I enjoy that type of build up and workout more than straight cardio, which I find BORING.
  • shannmcq45
    I usually test INFJ but today I got INFP. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    I much prefer lifting to cardio. Alone with music, I don't do many things in life without listening to music. 🎶

INF types love to escape into the internal world where imagination is vivid. Lifting AND listening to music is a perfect balance for you!! I am the same way! 🤘💪😊
  • shannmcq45
    ENFP

I perfer cardio; dancing, kickboxing, running

I think would like strength training but really have no knowledge other than doing body pump classes which I loved because it incorporates the two.

I enjoy resistance training in calisthenics and ballet

I listen to music to all unless running outside (....got attacked years ago and learned my lesson
    ...becareful about headphones when you're out alone even in the day time.....please!)

I agree with most of all of the assessment ....pretty interesting thread🤗🤘

Thank you for the warning about the headphones outside. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

You mentioned you might like strength training. I would highly suggest, based on my experience, power lifting specifically. Squat, deadlift and bench. That's all. You just need a bar and a variety of plates to do those simple 3 compound exercises. Strength is the goal so you're lifting as heavy as possible for fewer reps. Check out megsquats on YouTube for instruction. She's awesome and great personality! She may even be ENFP. I've been powerlifting since August and can now do 205# squat, 185# deadlift and 100# bench. I haven't bulked up so no one can tell how strong I am! I really think this would be good for you after what you went through ♥️
  • OblivionPortal
    OblivionPortal Posts: 41 Member
    INFP-T through and through here, although I've gotten ISFP-T as well. I haven't really gotten too much into exercise although I go on walks most days. I really need to get into strength training and lifting because I lost over 200 lbs and need to start working on fixing my body and boost my metabolism. I build exercise up as this huge thing and then I overthink it to the point I just blank out and go to sleep because I'm so exhausted from overthinking. It should be as easy as just doing what you need to do, going home, going to sleep, waking up and doing it again, but I find it impossible to start new things due to my overthinking and trying to perfectly log everything in my head and organize it. I have a strong desire for a perfect routine where I get everything done every day without worrying about anything else except what I'm focusing on, but I just wind up focusing on everything that isn't important in a generalized manner, then months pass and I'm staring at myself after writing a bunch of songs, creating a bunch of stuff wondering what the hell is going on or what I'm doing and why I'm not doing things that are actually important to me.
  • shannmcq45
    INFP-T through and through here, although I've gotten ISFP-T as well. I haven't really gotten too much into exercise although I go on walks most days. I really need to get into strength training and lifting because I lost over 200 lbs and need to start working on fixing my body and boost my metabolism. I build exercise up as this huge thing and then I overthink it to the point I just blank out and go to sleep because I'm so exhausted from overthinking. It should be as easy as just doing what you need to do, going home, going to sleep, waking up and doing it again, but I find it impossible to start new things due to my overthinking and trying to perfectly log everything in my head and organize it. I have a strong desire for a perfect routine where I get everything done every day without worrying about anything else except what I'm focusing on, but I just wind up focusing on everything that isn't important in a generalized manner, then months pass and I'm staring at myself after writing a bunch of songs, creating a bunch of stuff wondering what the hell is going on or what I'm doing and why I'm not doing things that are actually important to me.

You just described the INFP so perfectly! I can relate. We can spend hours imagining and time goes by. The part of the brain we spend time in is more in the area of memory, imagination, dreaming. We lack stimulation in the frontal lobe responsible for focus and concentration. That makes it hard to stay in the present. ADD medication can be helpful in a pinch. For me, the only way I've managed to keep up my lifting for 18 months is that I see a personal trainer. It keeps me focused and structured. It can be pricey but for me it's worth it.
  • GrumpySparkles
    GrumpySparkles Posts: 50 Member
    INFJ

Walking, riding my horse. Preferably some place beautiful with lots of trees. I get grumpy if my walking space is ugly.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    ISTJ I enjoy walking and/or hiking as a dedicated exercise.
  • baebabu
    baebabu Posts: 214 Member
    infj
    walking, cardio, dancing
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    ENTP - before lockdown it was 95% Lifting and 5% Jogging/Running but now its 100% running and I've learnt to love it. Prefer to run alone; its my me time. I lift alone too - i know I'll hurt myself pushing too hard if I'm with someone else.
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    I took this test the other day: https://www.bravermantest.com/

Tells you which neurotransmitters you're dominant/deficient in.

I'm sure it's total hokum (google the doctor, he's a peach) but I went ahead and ordered a bottle of GABA anyway. Can't hurt.

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    ISFP
    I enjoy karate and hiking (both group activities). Also like running
  • Fit_Tigress
    Fit_Tigress Posts: 14 Member
    INTP

90 heavy strength training
    10 cardio

I love psychology, my undergrad degree and passion 😍