iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    INTJ
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I usually test INFJ but today I got INFP. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    I much prefer lifting to cardio. Alone with music, I don't do many things in life without listening to music. 🎶
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ENFP

I perfer cardio; dancing, kickboxing, running

I think would like strength training but really have no knowledge other than doing body pump classes which I loved because it incorporates the two.

I enjoy resistance training in calisthenics and ballet

I listen to music to all unless running outside (....got attacked years ago and learned my lesson
    ...becareful about headphones when you're out alone even in the day time.....please!)

I agree with most of all of the assessment ....pretty interesting thread🤗🤘
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ENFP

I think would like strength training but really have no knowledge other than doing body pump classes which I loved because it incorporates the two.

I listen to music to all unless running outside (....got attacked years ago and learned my lesson
    ...becareful about headphones when you're out alone even in the day time.....please!)

i knew you were one of us🤗
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    INTP

Cardio (100%) - Cycling, running
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    ENFP

i knew you were one of us🤗

I'm in the best company 😍🤗
  • audreys03
    audreys03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    INTJ
    I prefer to run with music, outside and alone, so I can clear my mind and just listen to the music and relax.
  • shannmcq45
    shannmcq45 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! OP here. I'm looking over your responses to see if there's a pattern and I think I'm going to put a spreadsheet together 🤣

For those who have taken the test before and get a different result this time... it's likely that you've balanced out in those letters. For example I've been INFJ for years and in recent years I've tested as INTJ, INTP, INFP. The I and N are still the same but I've balanced Feeling and Thinking as well as Perceiving and Judging (which is basically Improvising vs Planning).
  • shannmcq45
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ESTJ

for training - weights 80%

for cardio - cycling. 20%

ENFP. For years when I was depressed I tested as INFJ. Not sure that means anything

We are opposites in personality type

But we are exercise compatible

In keeping with the subject of this thread, does personality type have any correlation in regards to preferred physical activity?

Cycling and running can be social, or not. i.e. - running groups vs. the loneliness of the long distance runner.

I think that’s what OP wants to figure out.

Lifting can also be social.

Idk. I like to lift in groups but walk/run/hike alone.

Yes that's what I'm trying to figure out. So far it's all over the map! Funny how Motorsheen the ESTJ (detail oriented and serious) redirects Twitchy the ENFP (curious and carefree) back to the subject 🤣🤣. NF types like me can go on all day talking about this!!
  • shannmcq45
    Options
    KHMcG wrote: »
    INTP I am constantly exploring new exercises to push myself to the next level. I change up my routines to break through plateaus and always search for solutions to reasons for pain, underdevelopement or opportunities for gains. I lift weights to build, use calisthenics to maintain what I have and cardio for hypocaloric balance and cardiovascular health.

Very much an INTP approach! Strategic improvising and scientific 😁
  • shannmcq45
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Today
    gx3qm9xjt6pq.png

About a month ago
    kjkau1ajkx4b.png

I like running, alone with music. Used to prefer treadmill, now trails are my favourite

INFP types are known to love nature! Trail running is perfect for you!
  • shannmcq45
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    ISFJ (usually I end up with INTP or INTJ... ISFJ was not normal for me... maybe quarantine is affecting my attitude?)

I like running, hiking and cycling. I lift because I should, not because I actually enjoy it. :)

Quarantine could certainly be a factor! Your change to ISFJ shows more of a focus on the reality we're in rather than analysis of more abstract ideas. It also shows that you're feeling more vulnerable than usual, which makes sense!
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    d0lsh0qybik9.png
    nkbzbjalvecc.png
    bfpsufmxljmb.png
  • jcrav77
    Options
    I only put one of those pictures in. Not sure why three showed up lol
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    shannmcq45 wrote: »
    ESTJ

ENFP. For years when I was depressed I tested as INFJ. Not sure that means anything

In keeping with the subject of this thread, does personality type have any correlation in regards to preferred physical activity?

Cycling and running can be social, or not. i.e. - running groups vs. the loneliness of the long distance runner.

Yes that's what I'm trying to figure out. So far it's all over the map! Funny how Motorsheen the ESTJ (detail oriented and serious) redirects Twitchy the ENFP (curious and carefree) back to the subject 🤣🤣. NF types like me can go on all day talking about this!!

...... somebody needs to keep her in-line.

*shrug
  • jcrav77
    Options
    I prefer to exercise alone, walking as I can not run due to a fused ankle. I prefer weights and machines but never have time to get to the gym.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    ESTJ

...... somebody needs to keep her in-line.

*shrug

If I had a nickel for every TJ who thought he could do that... 😂
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    ESTJ

remember there are also established relationships here. And there are qualities that present online aren’t always obvious IRL and vice versa. For example @Motorsheen is not what I’d call serious in this forum.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    INTJ

You should hook up with an ENFP