What is your MBTI type?

shannmcq45
shannmcq45 Posts: 16 Member
I'm a therapist specializing in personality. I use the MBTI types to help clients find balance. I'm curious if I can find a correlation between type and preferred exercise. I'm an INFJ and enjoy lifting!!! You can go here for a free personality test http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    ESTJ

for training - weights 80%

for cardio - cycling. 20%
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    ENFJ

Running, yoga
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited April 2020
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ESTJ

ENFP. For years when I was depressed I tested as INFJ. Not sure that means anything

We are opposites in personality type

But we are exercise compatible
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    INTJ... I always test this type... must be something to it. Oh and I like lifting 100%
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    ESTJ

ENFP. For years when I was depressed I tested as INFJ. Not sure that means anything

In keeping with the subject of this thread, does personality type have any correlation in regards to preferred physical activity?

Cycling and running can be social, or not. i.e. - running groups vs. the loneliness of the long distance runner.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    ESTJ

In keeping with the subject of this thread, does personality type have any correlation in regards to preferred physical activity?

Cycling and running can be social, or not. i.e. - running groups vs. the loneliness of the long distance runner.

I think that’s what OP wants to figure out.

Lifting can also be social.

Idk. I like to lift in groups but walk/run/hike alone.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    ENTJ I'm a liftaholic!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    INTP I am constantly exploring new exercises to push myself to the next level. I change up my routines to break through plateaus and always search for solutions to reasons for pain, underdevelopement or opportunities for gains. I lift weights to build, use calisthenics to maintain what I have and cardio for hypocaloric balance and cardiovascular health.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I've tested before as an infj... And I'm a mix on the exercise honestly...

I think I put more stock in cardio like running but these days, for my body comp goals, and physical limitations from overuse injuries... I lean more towards lifting and control over my diet...

But I'm going to take this test again because a lot has changed in my life since the last time I took any test 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Interesting, on this test, I'm an ESTJ. However, with others I've always scored as an ESTP(A).

As to exercise type, it really can vary. I enjoy cycling, swimming, running, lifting, skiing, archery. Doesn't matter if it's solo or with a group. Most times, I train solo as I need my training to fit my schedule and not those of others.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

I think I put more stock in cardio like running but these days, for my body comp goals, and physical limitations from overuse injuries... I lean more towards lifting and control over my diet...

But I'm going to take this test again because a lot has changed in my life since the last time I took any test 🤷🏽‍♂️

Well I addmittingly am definitely more extroverted now than I use to be... Looks like I'm now an ENFP now

I think many would agree with this assessment of me, both good and bad...
  • TwitchyMacGee

Well I addmittingly am definitely more extroverted now than I use to be... Looks like I'm now an ENFP now

I knew it 😂
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    INFP; basketball... but

Can I talk to you about the voices in my head tho 🙁
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    ISFJ (usually I end up with INTP or INTJ... ISFJ was not normal for me... maybe quarantine is affecting my attitude?)

I like running, hiking and cycling. I lift because I should, not because I actually enjoy it. :)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

I knew it 😂

Come here Mama...

We can validate each other all over ourselves... 😍🤗
  • SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    ISFP. A
    Cycling
  • kay9055
    kay9055 Posts: 3 Member
    ENFJ - lifting all the way. Cardio is only fun for me while playing sports, which I love :smile:
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited April 2020
    ISTP. Water aerobics. When I was young, swimming and walking. I lift weights because I think I should, swim because I love it.
    Just took your test — ISTJ
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Today
    gx3qm9xjt6pq.png

About a month ago
    kjkau1ajkx4b.png

I like running, alone with music. Used to prefer treadmill, now trails are my favourite