What are your biggest food/beverage product disappointments?

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    People were raving about these....”OMG, there’s only 4 ingredients and you can pronounce them all, and they are soooo good and good for you!!”
    They are a disgusting, gummy calorie bomb.
    I rarely spit out food, but this was too gross.
    csyix2wak4js.jpeg

Oooo not the cinnamon spice but I really like the chocolate peanut butter. But I stick to the kids version which is like 130 calories.

The pumpkin flavored ones were good. The rest were meh
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Another vote for Halo Top! Really, anything with artificial sweeteners is just bad
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    I kind of liked the vegetarian frozen pizza from lidl uk, and it kind of fitting in my calories. Here in NL I find nothing like that. Only vegetarian pizza has mushrooms and/or no dough base and far too many cals. Like every frozen pizza here! I could possibly eat 3/5 of one for calories but still be hungry :s
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    fitpal4242 wrote: »
    Another vote for Halo Top! Really, anything with artificial sweeteners is just bad

False.

definitely exceptions.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    I tried nori and I just can't. Wanted to embrace it, but just no😞
  • pancakerunner
    I tried nori and I just can't. Wanted to embrace it, but just no😞

I LOVE nori!
  • hawksgirl229
    I know I'm in the minority for nori..The good news is you can have all of mine..please enjoy😊😊😊😊♥️
  • hawksgirl229
    Ooh I forgot I'll be enjoying all that other yummy food you have been posting. I swear I salivate...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I know I'm in the minority for nori..The good news is you can have all of mine..please enjoy😊😊😊😊♥️

I'm in your camp. I had to finally throw the package away after a year of it sitting in my cupboard. I'm not a big fan of seafood, so that could be one reason I don't like nori.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Kirkland protein bars. I kept trying and just could not do it. Vega protein powder, probably one of the worst things I've had, just the thought makes me sick.
  • pancakerunner
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Kirkland protein bars. I kept trying and just could not do it. Vega protein powder, probably one of the worst things I've had, just the thought makes me sick.

Kirkland protein bars... I'm 50/50. Weird aftertaste on the cookie dough IMO. The Brownie is pretty good.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member

What?? Chocolate chip cookie dough flavor is my favorite of theirs! So good in my opinion. It is even better if you put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds to soften them up. :smile:
  • pancakerunner
    edited April 2020

What?? Chocolate chip cookie dough flavor is my favorite of theirs! So good in my opinion. It is even better if you put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds to soften them up. :smile:

I prefer Quest. The tapioca fiber is off-putting :/
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    When I was doing Keto I tired this.
    YUCK
    kEY-TO-LIFE-KETO-BARS-600x593.png

Other disappointments- dr otker pizzas, pb2 (except when added to greek yogurt), lowfat/sugar free sauces/jams/syrups, lowfat/sugar free greek yogurt. Halo top.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Did I already say? Frozen lobster. You can't find it any good. Not sure why. At $29/lb. it should be great but never is.
  • pancakerunner
    Did I already say? Frozen lobster. You can't find it any good. Not sure why. At $29/lb. it should be great but never is.

Same with crab.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member

Kirkland protein bars... I'm 50/50. Weird aftertaste on the cookie dough IMO. The Brownie is pretty good.

That's funny, I was bummed because I wanted one flavor from each case and bought the cookies and cream and brownie combo on vacation. I was the opposite, disappointed in brownie but liked cookies and cream.
  • pancakerunner
    ergq4qb2hb2l.png

these. ^^^ LOVE mint chocolate anything... but this tasted like toothpaste and texture was terrible.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Veggie straws.
    My parents and my sister were telling me how GOOD they are...luckily, I tried them at my sister's house before buying a bag. They taste like styrofoam packing peanuts.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

I bought then hoping they would be like Quest, and believe me I tried everything I think I added peanut butter on top and still couldn't do it. But to be honest ever since Quest changed their formula a few years back it's just never been the same. :(