50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Down 1.8 this week!!! Yay!!!!
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    @Beka3695 That's amazing, well done, you! :)
  • Kiani122
    Kiani122 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2020
    Is it too late to join? I have 60lbs to lose. I started a plan back in January (The FASTer Way to Fat Loss) and lost 12lbs. Then the Pandemic hit and I gained nearly 20lbs back =(. I'm trying a different program (6 Week Body Makeover) and I hope it works. It was recommended to me by a girl who used to be 260lbs and did it. She showed me the pictures! She's now 145 and has been maintaining for 12 years.

I'm using MFP to track all my food and water. I can't really exercise because my ankles need surgery. Planning to employ one of those exercise rubber band.

SW 187 (7/10/20)
    FGW 159
    GW 125 goal weight
  • abuford4
    abuford4 Posts: 7 Member
    I forgot to check in yesterday. Truth be told, my weight's been stuck at 171 for two weeks - with some drifting UP, but I got that under control. I went to the doctor and got some wake-up calls. Honestly, I'm eating MORE now than I was before. I'm eating better, no doubt, but I think my body's adjusting or something. Anyway, this week I'm adding in a little exercise - just an extra walk for the dog and some yoga, but this is where I am, so this is where I'll start. Now I'm off to read up on how you're all doing.
  • Sunnysouth92
    Sunnysouth92 Posts: 30 Member
    So discouraged. +1.4 this week when I excerised and dieted all week. Whats wrong with me?! Ive had pms symptoms a whole week and no period, on cycle day 36. I dont usually even get much pms. I am just aggravated 😒😒😔

Keep plugging away. My weight has been up and down for the last week and a half due to my period, but today I woke up after a good sleep and the scales had finally caught up to where they should be. It's really hard to keep going when you know you've hit your goal and the scales aren't reflective of that, but if you have eaten at a deficit all week, the scales will eventually realise that. Just might not show in real time.

Periods are the worst for messing with your head when it comes to weight loss. Rationally, you know they do crazy things to the scale, but the longer it goes on for, the harder it is to remember that.

You will get the result you want and deserve if you keep sticking to the plan. You're doing great. Don't let the hormones win!

Hey thanks a lot! You're sure encouraging! Ill keep on going 😏😃
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    This seems like an active group - I'll join! I had a kid a year ago, and just started in earnest to try and lose the weight. I had dropped what I gained immediately after pregnancy only to find out that over the course of the year I was now 20 lbs heavier than the end of pregnancy.

I'm already down about 9 lbs. We think we'll try for one more kiddo, but I don't even want to entertain that until I'm at least down to where I was at the start of this pregnancy - about 180. And weight loss goals aside, we know we won't start to try until next year. With about 5 months left in the year 180 should be doable, more would be awesome!

CW: 212.7
    mini GW: 180
    GW: 160

My ultimate GW would probably be around 130-140, but unless we end up not trying to conceive next year there's no way I'll hit that anytime soon lol.
  • thelastnightingale
    This week's loss - 2.3lb! :)

I only lost 0.3lb last week, so it looks like the scales have gone whooosh and caught up.

I think I'm still just about on track to get down to a BMI of 29.9 for my birthday...
  • motivatedsister

Good job!
  • scnichols95
    scnichols95 Posts: 4 Member
    I'd like to join!

CW: 160 lbs
    GW: 110 lbs

I have problems with motivation, portion control, and exercising due to bad knees. I'd love to have friends that keep me accountable! Good luck on all y'all's goals!!
  • Sunnysouth92

I only lost 0.3lb last week, so it looks like the scales have gone whooosh and caught up.

I think I'm still just about on track to get down to a BMI of 29.9 for my birthday...

Woah good deal!! 👍
  • Sunnysouth92
    This seems like an active group - I'll join! I had a kid a year ago, and just started in earnest to try and lose the weight. I had dropped what I gained immediately after pregnancy only to find out that over the course of the year I was now 20 lbs heavier than the end of pregnancy.

I'm already down about 9 lbs. We think we'll try for one more kiddo, but I don't even want to entertain that until I'm at least down to where I was at the start of this pregnancy - about 180. And weight loss goals aside, we know we won't start to try until next year. With about 5 months left in the year 180 should be doable, more would be awesome!

CW: 212.7
    mini GW: 180
    GW: 160

My ultimate GW would probably be around 130-140, but unless we end up not trying to conceive next year there's no way I'll hit that anytime soon lol.

Im almost 5 mo post partum and still have a little baby weight too :/ we plan for mpre children too, with it always comes some weight :/
  • heather_rorie
    heather_rorie Posts: 3 Member
    Ok. I would like to join. Honestly the number of threads and messages is a bit overwhelming. I am joining 2 threads which may not work out. Hard to find the right place to stick myself. I am starting again. I have a 7 year pattern... I have nearly 50 pounds to lose, but really I just need to get myself moving.

194.4 starting weight (7/23/20)
    170 mini goal weight no absolute time frame, but would love to be there by October (definitely before winter holidays)
    155 goal weight

Although our weigh ins are Sunday, I tend to weigh daily. Nice to meet you all.
  • Sunnysouth92
    K y'all not quite in the 220s yet but was down 2.7 from last Friday and I was 230.1 this morning.
  • thelastnightingale
    @heather_rorie This one isn't as fast moving as some of the other threads, so hopefully a bit less overwhelming. Honestly, if you struggle to keep up or find yourself lost in the noise, there's no harm in starting a brand new thread. People often do. These forums can be a great source of support once you figure out a way to make them work for you. :)

I weigh daily too, but for me, it's my Wednesday result that counts. (I started my weight loss on a Wednesday, that's the only reason why. :) )

@scnichols95 Welcome to you too. :)

@Sunnysouth92 So close! That's a great loss too, it won't be long until you hit that next group of 10s. :)

@motivatedsister Thank you. :) It's nice when the work pays off!
  • motivatedsister
    Im almost 5 mo post partum and still have a little baby weight too :/ we plan for mpre children too, with it always comes some weight :/

Yep! I was so excited that I managed to not gain a ton during pregnancy. And then I was elated that yep maybe I was one of those people who just lose the weight after pregnancy when I was back to pre-pregnancy weight pretty much after birth (granted things were more jiggly - but still!). And then I just let things out of hand over the first year (thanks fall/winter and my lovely fashion choices of leggings/sweaters that hid the weight gain lol)...that was all me!

So even though I know the lbs are inevitable during pregnancy - I know that I'm capable of not gaining a ton, and that I'm also capable of dropping those pounds fairly quickly. What happens to my body/weight after birth is up to me. If we're blessed enough to have another kid, I will take better care of my body post birth.
  • motivatedsister
    @heather_rorie You've got this!
  • Sunnysouth92

Yep! I was so excited that I managed to not gain a ton during pregnancy. And then I was elated that yep maybe I was one of those people who just lose the weight after pregnancy when I was back to pre-pregnancy weight pretty much after birth (granted things were more jiggly - but still!). And then I just let things out of hand over the first year (thanks fall/winter and my lovely fashion choices of leggings/sweaters that hid the weight gain lol)...that was all me!

So even though I know the lbs are inevitable during pregnancy - I know that I'm capable of not gaining a ton, and that I'm also capable of dropping those pounds fairly quickly. What happens to my body/weight after birth is up to me. If we're blessed enough to have another kid, I will take better care of my body post birth.

Totally agree! With my 2nd i only gained between 20 and 25 lbs and all but 5 came off before she was 3 weeks old. This time I was so careless :/ still have 5 lbs of baby weight then I gotta lot of mama weight I wanna shed too. Hope we can get by without getting pregnant til I am more like 200 or less...
  • motivatedsister
    I hear ya! @Sunnysouth92
  • AndreaMarie1236
    AndreaMarie1236 Posts: 69 Member
    I’m totally in! I’m Andrea from NJ preparing for the police academy
  • heather_rorie
    heather_rorie Posts: 3 Member
    @AndreaMarie1236 Welcome!