Stretch Mark free pregnancy

Options
13»

Replies

• SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any stretch marks during my pregnancy either. And my son was huge so I'm surprised I didn't get them. I did use Palmers Cocoa butter everyday though. I know my mom has them but she did have 8 kids. Not sure if my sister got them or not.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I gained 35 pounds and came out with just a couple light stretch marks on my 8008s. Nothing on my tummy. My poor sister hardly gained any weight but her tummy looks like a road map.
  • candj2009
    candj2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    3 pregnancies and none. Gained 100 lbs with my first, 38 with my second, and 42 with my 3rd. Just good genes I guess. My mom and sister both got them, but the women on my father's side didn't.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Did anyone conceive naturally at 39 or older? ttc #2 still at 39.

I did ...by accident ! At my 40th birthday celebrations a lot of people I hadn't seen for a while were very amused to see my 5 month pregnant belly !!

:happy: we'll keep trying...
  • siems56
    siems56 Posts: 28
    Options
    Stretch Mark free on stomach and back but my boobs got the stretch mark, good thing there because no one see them:)
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Pregnancies number 1, 2, 3, and 4 (twins) were stretch mark free. That second set of twins (pregnancy five) did me in and I got quite a few on my lower abdomen. They faded by the time pregnancy 6 and pregnancy 7 rolled around and I got no more with either one of those.

And no, I'm not a glutton for punishment...pregnancies 1, 2, and 3 were mine...pregnancies 4, 5, 6, and 7 were gestational surrogacies.
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I didnt get any stretch marks. I had one pregnancy so maybe that had something to do with it. My sister has none and she had 4. My other sister has tons.

Funny story. One day her 5 year old asks her "Mom, what are all those marks on your tummy" and she goes "Those are growing marks from when you were in my tummy"

He goes "Was I in your legs as well"

We still laugh about that one.
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    None with the first two pregnancies, one weird one with the third pregnancy. My sister got them all over with her pregnancies.
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any either, drank lots of Pepsi & ate what I wanted!!! Have never asked my Mum whether she got any I just put it down to the amount of cocoa butter I went through lol
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have heard a few times that it is all genetic. So if you're going to get them no amount of lotions or oil will stop it. I had ALOT of stretchmarks before pregnancy from puberty and growth spurts, but did get some new ones on the top half of my stomach, none below strangely. But the ones I did get only appeared about 1-2 weeks before due date when I had a sudden expansion (still wasnt massive though. And dont think weight gain has much to do with it as I was 7lbs lighter afterwards than I had been before.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and the mother of two adult daughters. I've never had a stretch mark. Unfortunately, I can't take that much credit. I think some of it is genetic. My mother and sisters never got them either.

I agree, genetics. I had one child and didn't get stretch marks. My mom had four and had very little.
  • Pinkgurl13
    Pinkgurl13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Call it good genes I guess but even after 2 pregnancies and being overweight my WHOLE life... I do not have any stretch marks.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    None here after 2 children, but really I think it is fab that some ladies have them as a mark of their pregnancies and carrying their little ones

I really do not think it is a competition or contentious as to who has stretch marks or not.

If you are lucky enough to have children then just be proud and wish them to have a healthy life and not be on MFP in years to come worrying about their weight :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!