Types of food will I need to eat?

Options
Hi all I’m very new to tracking what I eat and healthy eating at the minute I weigh 11stone biggest I’ve ever been and I’m really struggling to lose weight I walk around 2miles a day I am active but I don’t exercise I have only just started so was wondering if anyone has any diet plans or anything I could try and start out with I need high fat low carbs and high protein
Today I’m making a chicken stir fry with high protein noodles but my carbs are still more than 50% I want to lower this to around 50% carbs
Could anyone help thankyou in advance

Replies

• stacieepaigee
    stacieepaigee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lower my carbs too 40% sorry guys
  • stacieepaigee
    Options
    I actually looked in to doing the keto diet
    I don’t really have much of a clue on this as I never had to lose weight and I’ve never felt uncomfortable in my body x
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I actually looked in to doing the keto diet
    I don’t really have much of a clue on this as I never had to lose weight and I’ve never felt uncomfortable in my body x

Are you wanting to follow keto diet the rest of your life?
  • stacieepaigee
    Options
    So the type of foods I eat are
    Like chicken rice
    Pasta tuna I eat a lot of carbs in pasta bread and rice I felt this has made an impact on my size I am also terrible for having a sweet tooth so after months of binge eating crap I now have 2 tummy’s which I am very uncomfortable about I have recently started cutting out pop chocolate and all that nonsense and going towards a healthier option but I wanted something quick something I could stick to, I don’t want to become a gym freak I am very happy with my body however it’s the weight that I have gained I’m happy with my figure just certain areas
    I want less carbs and just diet to lose weight then also to have a good diet which I currently don’t
    I am a support worker my job is fairly active a lot of walking swimming, other than squats I do no workouts
  • stacieepaigee
    Options
    I have actually been loosing weight but I’ve been very strict on myself so eating when Only when I’m hungry no snacking and abit more active I have noticed about a month ago I was almost 12 stone I’m now bang on 11
    I just want to eat healthy but loose all belly fat and then tone that’s literally the only thing I want to change people might think I’m being drastic but I have no will power and so to cut every thing out like chocolate sweets and eating a lot less and more healthy option I just don’t understand how to make a plan for myself and need abit of support in doing this just abit of guidance
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Eat those foods at the right number of calories, and you'll lose fat.

Eat those foods in too large amounts - too many calories - and you'll gain weight.

If you eat those foods in reasonable amounts but don't feel full, eat different foods you like that make you feel full. Experiment.

Exercise is optional for weight loss (although good for health and appearance).

^^^ Follow this all day long and get a food scale and weigh everything that touches your lips.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Basically eat what you already eat and like, but cut your portions. I also think that adding fruits and vegetables is a good way to increase nutrition. I always cut back on things like bread, cookies, rice, pasta, and fill my plate with more veggies. Example meals:
    breakfast-greek yogurt and fruit
    Lunch-salad with protein and a piece of fruit
    Dinner- mixed veggies and a protein
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have actually been loosing weight but I’ve been very strict on myself so eating when Only when I’m hungry no snacking and abit more active I have noticed about a month ago I was almost 12 stone I’m now bang on 11
    I just want to eat healthy but loose all belly fat and then tone that’s literally the only thing I want to change people might think I’m being drastic but I have no will power and so to cut every thing out like chocolate sweets and eating a lot less and more healthy option I just don’t understand how to make a plan for myself and need abit of support in doing this just abit of guidance

Yea don't cut that stuff out if you don't have will power you are more likely to binge if you do. Have you tried a veggie pasta? I love zucchini spirals and usually eat that when I want pasta. Sometimes I eat the pasta but the portion size is alot smaller and I love food so I usually opt for zucchini
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh spaghetti squash FTW <3