Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the moment? When did you decide to take back control?

Replies

• charmmethcharmmeth Member Posts: 252 Member Member Posts: 252 Member
    about 3 weeks ago when i hit 13 stone 11 and a bit lbs. 14 stone was psychologically a different space and i was a big meal and a few drinks away.

Currently using MFP to help me through the 8 week fast reset and then migrate to a longer term 5:2. I'm 14lbs down, with at least 18lbs to go. Having a slightly difficult day today and reading the notes here has helped.

I so identify with this. 13 stone 13 lb (195lb; 88.8 kg) was the point at which I said, "This has to change!" Currently two days off two months. I have been down to below 13 stone after exercise which was amazing. Working on being into the 12 stone area consistently...
  • mhbrainardmhbrainard Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I lost 25+ after retirement when I FINALLY got around to tending my health. Turns out that when I am not counting calories (paying fairly close attention to my health), I am gaining weight. I am back up 5-10# and having ditched all my big clothes and getting new smaller swim suits, it was clear to me that tracking was just necessary. I tried another service but guess what? Eating is just emotional for me!! I love it! So avoiding excess requires focus and tracking helps me focus.
  • charmmethcharmmeth Member Posts: 252 Member Member Posts: 252 Member
    I weighed myself and to my horror I had gained about 15 lbs in a very short period which put me at my heaviest I've ever been.

This! Unlike you I am still trying to shift the last 1 lb of those 15 lb gained, and then I am aiming to lose another 15 lb to get me back where I was four/five years ago.
    edited July 30