Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the moment? When did you decide to take back control?

Replies

• 28Haveitall202028Haveitall2020 Member, Premium Posts: 72 Member Member, Premium Posts: 72 Member
    At 435 pounds at 41 years old, even though I'm 6'3", I pretty much had those moments every waking moment of my life. Constant pain all over my body, clothes not fitting, not being able to keep up with two little kids, a SECOND blood pressure medication added, not being able to buy a small, manual transmission car becuase I LOVE driving, fearing death and not being there for my wife and kids, etc, etc, etc... You name it, I had those moments almost every second of every day.

Im now 45 pounds down. I know I have a long road and I'm not sure what's keeping me going. However, I know that recently, this quote I came across..“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons” has really resonated with me, and become something of a mantra that I keep saying to myself when I'm fighting cravings, old ways of thinking, or just the demons. It actually re-motivated me because the lay-off from work and the stress and sadness that came with the pandemic had me really down, and moving away from healthier habits.

I love that quote. Thanks for sharing