What was your worst idea for a first date?

Options
that_night_in_paris
that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
Or maybe it wasn't that the idea was terrible, it just didn't execute like you thought it would because your breath was hot that day. (Or your dating profile didn't convey the chipped front tooth well enough...whatever.)

For me, it was the time we met up on a Saturday morning and got cinnamon rolls at a gas station (lol, they made them fresh on-site) and then for a walk around a public golf course afterward.

It was so bad lol.

I think 40 minutes had went by and I looked over to see her walking with her arms crossed and gazing at freeway traffic to the east. That's when I knew. The New York Jets are not a good conversation starter.

Replies

• _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Or maybe it wasn't that the idea was terrible, it just didn't execute like you thought it would because your breath was hot that day. (Or your dating profile didn't convey the chipped front tooth well enough...whatever.)

For me, it was the time we met up on a Saturday morning and got cinnamon rolls at a gas station (lol, they made them fresh on-site) and then for a walk around a public golf course afterward.

It was so bad lol.

I think 40 minutes had went by and I looked over to see her walking with her arms crossed and gazing at freeway traffic to the east. That's when I knew. The New York Jets are not a good conversation starter.

Anything with cinnamon rolls involved sounds good to me..
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I went out on a date with a guy who asked if I'd be willing to get a tan, and dye my hair a darker color. So, I'd look more like his ex-girlfriend.
  • that_night_in_paris
    Options

It was so bad lol.

Anything with cinnamon rolls involved sounds good to me..
    You would think, right?

Was I supposed to lick icing off my pinky in slow motion... just put the word in, ladies.
  • that_night_in_paris
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    I went out on a date with a guy who asked if I'd be willing to get a tan, and dye my hair a darker color. So, I'd look more like his ex-girlfriend.
    That is terrible. Did you get a surf and turf dinner out of it at least? (J/k)

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    we went out to eat. took her for a walk after. got back to her apartment later.

i had to go pee and went into the bathroom right after we got there.
    she'd murdered the toilet at some point hours before i guess and forgot to flush it. it was horrific.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I don’t think I had a bad one, not that I could remember. Other then meeting up with a guy at a higher end restaurant and the first thing he asked the waitress was if they were serving pitcher of beers, when she said no, he wanted to leave and we ended up at hooters down the street ...that was a red flag I chose to ignore.

Best one...

We went to a club, I wanted to dance 💃
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I don’t think I had a bad one, not that I could remember. Other then meeting up with a guy at a higher end restaurant and the first thing he asked the waitress was if they were serving pitcher of beers, when she said no, he wanted to leave and we ended up at hooters down the street ...that was a red flag I chose to ignore.

Best one...

I'm usually the one who wants to go to hooters.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Liquor Store Robbery

... in hindsight, that should probably wait until at least the third date.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

well.... did you??

that seems like a reasonable request to me. *shrug
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Against my better judgment I let a friend set me up on a blind date. I knew it was bad when the guy recounted his recent birthday - which he celebrated by getting very drunk, throwing a cop over his car and going to jail. Then told me he really liked women with boob jobs (which I don't have). I headed for the exit (saying I was going to the restroom) after he told me "oh, you work with smart people. Smart people scare me."

Asked my friend why in the world she thought I would have anything in common with this cretin and she said "He's tall. I thought you liked tall guys."

One and only blind date I ever went on.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Best one...

I'm usually the one who wants to go to hooters.

I wouldn’t have mind going to hooters in the first place but we were already seated and set to order, the fact that he wanted to abruptly leave just because there was no pitcher of beers .... pretty high maintenance and dramatic. He turned out to be an alcoholic
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Liquor Store Robbery

I've got a mask for the occasion 😏
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

well.... did you??

that seems like a reasonable request to me. *shrug

Haha. Nope. I'm honestly glad to be married and out of the dating scene.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Met some guy, at a bar, and agreed to a date, admittedly, I had "beer goggles" on...
    ...WoW - those goggles were magic! 😬

Date - went to a bar, he chain smoked and made fun of my pale skin - that was the basic gist of all the conversation..."skinny ghost" he kept calling me, and laughing. In my head I was desperately trying to think of exit strategies because he drove - lesson learned, DO NOT let the first 'date' pick you up and drive.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Well I put out on the first date and we’ve been married for 25 years so I guess it wasn’t such a bad idea lmao!
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Liquor Store Robbery

I've got a mask for the occasion 😏

Lmfao!!!!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    The worst one I can recall wasn't a bad idea, but it was carried out poorly and the result was disastrous.

A guy I had been dating for a few months finally decided that we should have a "proper" date and had saved up money and we both finally had enough time off from school to drive to the city (it was about an hour away).

His idea was to take me to some swanky Sicilian place he'd heard of and then walk around the plaza and just have a nice evening. However, he didn't look up directions to it and instead relied on the general directions of his "friend" who I didn't know and wasn't from the city (I am). We spent a good two hours searching for this place, driving through neighborhoods where shootings were not uncommon and carjackings have occurred when people stop at lights... only to find out that the "place" he had in mind had closed months before and been out of business! So he was trapped in a car with a very hungry me who hadn't eaten in hours (I get extremely cranky when I don't eat for that long) who was chewing him out for not properly looking up this place or asking myself or someone else who actually LIVED there for directions (he was from the other side of the state). Then he had to put up with me all the way home (another hour's drive back home), being hangry.

The only other incident I can think of was again, not terrible, but should have been a red flag. The guy (10 years older than I was and in the middle of a separation) asked to meet me at a Country Kitchen (that's like Denny's for those that don't know) and then used the fact that I had walked there to offer to drive me back home and weasel his way into my apartment. I should have known better.

That was a disastrous relationship if ever I had one. Ugh.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    So the guy took me to a McDonald's, I guess to be fair I was 17. And he dropped his 32 oz. Cup of soda directly on me

More recent. Planned a date. Only to find out he needed a ride and to pick him up from his moms house. I canceled date. So not sure if that counts.