What was your worst idea for a first date?

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,669 Member
    If he lives with his parents and has no car, and pays his own way, and you pay yours, he is cool then I guess? I don't see how a man living with his parents and having no car translates to him being a leech?

I've never read a study on adults who live at their parent's home who have no car. Does some type of correlation, if one even exists, translate to forming a stereotype about an entire group of people?

Ohh, you are a single mother. How many recipients of welfare are single mothers?

I'm a single mom. Not a recipient of welfare. Ive also worked very hard to get where I'm at...emotionally and financially...so I look for a similar mate. Because wed share those commonalities.

I'm speaking from my own personal experiences with dating. Not a study. Not sure why my life experiences offend you so much. It's my choice to date or not date a person. I've not categorized or bashed an entire group of people. Just spoke on my preferences and again personal experience.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    With welfare programs like TANF, section 8 housing, and Snap benefits, a lot of mothers are supported by the welfare system. You could say they made terrible decisions and now the taxpayer, mostly men, have to pay for it.

I don't judge a woman for being a single mother on welfare, but she sure will ironically judge a man for living with his parents and having no car - i. e.
    recieving support in some form.

Your "red flag" isn't uncommon, it's a common red flag with women. It just has its roots in antiquated gender roles for men. Feminism says you can work or be a stay-at-home-mother, but what about men and their provider role?

πŸ˜‚wow did you just say tax payers, mostly men pay for single women on welfare?

And I'm all for a man being a stay at home dad. But that's not what we are talking about. Men living with their parents. Grown men. Not taking care of anyone.

I've dated a teacher who was also a great dad. He was not societies standard of a typical male role.

Why do I get the sense of some lame attempt at trolling here?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    I knew a federal marshal who lived with his mother, still lived with her up until she passed. He drove and had a car though, you would kind of have to to be a marshal. Maybe your opinion based on personal experience is a stereotype? I would agree it could mean something like drug or alcohol addiction (if they haven't burned their relationship with their parents yet), or serious mental health problems, but that would only be a portion of the complete pie.

There are also men who have criminal records for non-violent crimes that are barred from employeement because we still have a Scarlett Letter justice system.

Yep, men pay most of the taxes and make the most money, and indirectly support mothers and offspring they did not sire. Being supported by government or family shouldn't earn someone an automatic stigma and be a judgment of their character.

Mmm, k. So you're bringing up examples that have nothing to do with what we've said. And your take on single moms πŸ˜‚

Are you 12? Your trolling abilities tell me you still live with mom πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    I knew a federal marshal who lived with his mother, still lived with her up until she passed. He drove and had a car though, you would kind of have to to be a marshal. Maybe your opinion based on personal experience is a stereotype? I would agree it could mean something like drug or alcohol addiction (if they haven't burned their relationship with their parents yet), or serious mental health problems, but that would only be a portion of the complete pie.

There are also men who have criminal records for non-violent crimes that are barred from employeement because we still have a Scarlett Letter justice system.

Yep, men pay most of the taxes and make the most money, and indirectly support mothers and offspring they did not sire. Being supported by government or family shouldn't earn someone an automatic stigma and be a judgment of their character.

Mmm, k. So you're bringing up examples that have nothing to do with what we've said. And your take on single moms πŸ˜‚

Are you 12? Your trolling abilities tell me you still live with mom πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

He’s just mad you won’t go out with him and his marshal ahem friend
  • PlentyofProtein00

He’s just mad you won’t go out with him and his marshal ahem friend

Well dang, he should've just asked
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    I was taken on a date to the local river where he had a small tinnie moored.

We were going to spend the day fishing and exploring the river. In the first couple of minutes he got us stuck on a sand bank.

He said we'd have to get out and push it.. πŸ˜’ We jumped out and instantly sunk to our knees in muddy sandy black stuff while unknown live somethings touched my legs... it took 2 minutes, the longest 2 minutes of my life to drag, pull and push the boat to deeper water. By that stage I was upset and angry and just wanted to go back to the boat ramp .. which we did.

The river current was a little strong so he hopped out to hold the boat by the rope and held my arm to help me get out, he accidently dropped the rope and so the boat started moving with one of my legs still in the boat and the other in water..( I was doing the splits) ... the oar mount on the side of boat scrapped my leg badly as I ended up falling in the water, my only words were "take me home"
    The next day I had a massive bruise on the inside of my leg and could hardly walk. Eventually I saw the funny side and even went on 2 more dates with him but not in his tinnie .

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Country Kitchen? That sounds familiar. If I remember correctly and if that was the location, it was a pretty dismal place. Looked like you were transported to a suicide scene in a trailer park in 1983.

True, but it's a Midwest staple. The one in question is still there.. still open. It's the late night druggie/drunk hangout, after all.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member

We were going to spend the day fishing and exploring the river. In the first couple of minutes he got us stuck on a sand bank.

He said we'd have to get out and push it.. πŸ˜’ We jumped out and instantly sunk to our knees in muddy sandy black stuff while unknown live somethings touched my legs... it took 2 minutes, the longest 2 minutes of my life to drag, pull and push the boat to deeper water. By that stage I was upset and angry and just wanted to go back to the boat ramp .. which we did.

The river current was a little strong so he hopped out to hold the boat by the rope and held my arm to help me get out, he accidently dropped the rope and so the boat started moving with one of my legs still in the boat and the other in water..( I was doing the splits) ... the oar mount on the side of boat scrapped my leg badly as I ended up falling in the water, my only words were "take me home"
    The next day I had a massive bruise on the inside of my leg and could hardly walk. Eventually I saw the funny side and even went on 2 more dates with him but not in his tinnie .

πŸ˜‚

I could really see it
  • slimgirljo15

πŸ˜‚

I could really see it

I can laugh about it now, especially remembering the horrified look on his face as he realised the boat was floating away with one of my legs still in it... πŸ˜„but at the time I was livid.😬
    I was so scared jumping into that water as I'd seen things flitting around in the water not long before hand... probably fish or something.. Idk πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,857 Member
    I need to take up dating just as a hobby and for the stories. πŸ€”
  • slimgirljo15

Oh please, we've plenty of dating stories.. remember that time the elastic in your undies broke while we were out shopping.. or that time your false teeth dropped out and scared those kids... Nvm.. memories best forgotten πŸ˜„
  • PaperDoll_

Oh please, we've plenty of dating stories.. remember that time the elastic in your undies broke while we were out shopping.. or that time your false teeth dropped out and scared those kids... Nvm.. memories best forgotten πŸ˜„

πŸ˜‚ It was okay. You still put out. 😎 Sorry I stopped calling you afterwards but you know. 😏

I mean πŸ˜‡
  • slimgirljo15

πŸ˜‚ It was okay. You still put out. 😎 Sorry I stopped calling you afterwards but you know. 😏

I mean πŸ˜‡

You stopped calling? I never knew cause I'd blocked your number πŸ˜†
  • PaperDoll_

I mean πŸ˜‡

Oh, that wasn’t my number. It was just the number of the local pizza place. 😬
  • slimgirljo15

I mean πŸ˜‡

πŸ€₯
  • PaperDoll_

I mean πŸ˜‡

πŸ€₯

So you wanna go out again or what? 😏
  • slimgirljo15

I mean πŸ˜‡

πŸ€₯

Or what... jk 😁
    Come get me πŸ€—
  • PaperDoll_

I mean πŸ˜‡

πŸ€₯

Or what... jk 😁
    Come get me πŸ€—

I always did like my ladies eas.. err.. I mean eager. 😘