6/16 – 3
    6/17 – 2 miles with Macy and Champ – walking
    6/18 – 5 + 4 with friend
    6/19 – rest have race in morning – might just walk the doggies
    6/20 – 5K Trail Race Bigfoot 5K/10K
    6/21 – 3 with Champ and Skip
    6/22 – 5

86 of 100 miles

@janejellyroll love your race report. Super time!!

@Teresa402 that looks amazing!!

@quilteryoyo pretty!

@pfprimo great run

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July
    ISS Virtual 5K in July
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – Sept
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – postponed from April
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach 50% there!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I said I would catch up with posts, but I've fallen further behind. I saw some good stuff as I looked through quickly. I can't comment on everyone, but @janejellyroll congrats on running your marathon!! That's so impressive1 Love your report.

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    06/01/20 :::: 3.5 :::: 3.5
    06/02/20 :::: 3.3 :::: 6.8
    06/03/20 :::: 2.4 :::: 9.3
    06/04/20 :::: 3.4 :::: 12.7
    06/05/20 :::: 3.2 :::: 15.9
    06/06/20 :::: 6.8 :::: 22.7
    06/07/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 27.7
    06/08/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 30.8
    06/09/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 33.9
    06/10/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 38.9
    06/11/20 :::: 6.0 :::: 45.0
    06/12/20 :::: 3.0 :::: 48.0
    06/13/20 :::: 10.0 :::: 58.0
    06/14/20 :::: 3.6 :::: 61.6
    06/15/20 :::: 3.5 :::: 65.1
    06/16/20 :::: 4.4 :::: 69.5
    06/17/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 74.5
    06/18/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 79.5
    06/19/20 :::: 2.3 :::: 81.8
    06/20/20 :::: 6.3 :::: 88.1
    06/21/20 :::: 3.7 :::: 91.8
    06/22/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 94.9

I waited a little too long to run this morning, and it was hot. I tried to stay on shady trails. I took one short section of trail that I usually don't run because of the short but steep inclines, so I walked/hiked a bit and then was able to head back home with an all downhill or flat second half.

The next couple of days are going to be tricky for a lot of reasons, so hopefully I'll get something logged in. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll Great job on your marathon!

Went out yesterday evening to do 4 miles, but some storms rolled in, and the thunder was getting a bit too close for comfort, so I stopped at 3.17. The bottom fell out about 10 minutes later.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone. It's nice to be able to share with a group of people who get it!

@noblsheep I don't know how I would feel about that! I generally like to pretend that I'm invisible when I'm running. I mean, I know people can see me, but I don't like to dwell on it too much.

6/1: 1.75m
    6/2: 5.5m
    6/3: 6m
    6/4: 5m
    6/5: 2m
    6/6: 10.5m
    6/7: 11.75m
    6/8: 1.75m, 1.25m
    6/9: 4m
    6/10: 2.25m
    6/11: 4m
    6/12: 2m
    6/13: 3m
    6/14: 8m
    6/15: 1.5m
    6/16: 3.75m
    6/17: 4m
    6/18: 3m
    6/19: 5.5m
    6/20: 2.25m
    6/21: 26.25m
    6/22: 1.75m, 3m
    6/23: 1.25m
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    One place I run by every day always has security standing around by the front door - today one of the younger guys yelled out to me as I ran by, "You've lost a lot of weight!" :D

How did that make you feel? I personally would never say that to a stranger. A friend that I knew was trying, I might, but even then I would hesitate. I have the impression that would be a hurtful thing to say or creepy in the case of a stranger.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll @noblsheep Yes, I like to blend in usually too. But I am well aware that there are few runners where I live and there are likely lots of people who notice me while I don't notice them. It may be as innocent as they are in a vehicle or they are in a building / house without being able to see them. I don't know why, but I can't see through windows unless I am very close or it is dark outside and light inside. The sun reflection is just too much. Maybe that is normal, maybe not. I have had people tell me they see me run a lot and I had no idea they were driving by or whatever.

In fact, there is someone that ran past my place often when I was still WFH. And I am sure she had no idea I was there because I was behind a window.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    One place I run by every day always has security standing around by the front door - today one of the younger guys yelled out to me as I ran by, "You've lost a lot of weight!" :D

How did that make you feel? I personally would never say that to a stranger. A friend that I knew was trying, I might, but even then I would hesitate. I have the impression that would be a hurtful thing to say or creepy in the case of a stranger.

@noblsheep have you found this to be true? I have been told that Chinese culture is more open about discussing weight - I remember stopping to say thanks to the Chinese seamstress who helped me with my wedding dress, and she said, “You’ve gained weight, you must be happy!” Which absolutely would not be considered a tactful thing for an American to say, but she meant it quite sincerely. Of course, given her job as a seamstress, she may just be more used to having to discuss weight gain and loss with people!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    0623-5k, total-51.6k goal-70k

Got up, did it. Not much to say.

Dang! That's sure better than, "mom those jeans make you look like you have a butt". Me: I've gained 13 pounds. 😩
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @janejellyroll @noblsheep Yes, I like to blend in usually too. But I am well aware that there are few runners where I live and there are likely lots of people who notice me while I don't notice them. It may be as innocent as they are in a vehicle or they are in a building / house without being able to see them. I don't know why, but I can't see through windows unless I am very close or it is dark outside and light inside. The sun reflection is just too much. Maybe that is normal, maybe not. I have had people tell me they see me run a lot and I had no idea they were driving by or whatever.

In fact, there is someone that ran past my place often when I was still WFH. And I am sure she had no idea I was there because I was behind a window.

I like to think the same but lots of people know me as "that guy that runs by" -- despite the fact I have never spoken to them. Like the other day a dog barked at me and the owner came out to say that she did not know what got into the dog because "he never barks at you." I was sure I had never seen her before.

One time I was at a race and some guy pointed me out to his kid and said, "There's Vincent! He is like the most famous runner in Pittsburgh."

Still unsure about that one! LOL
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent hahahahahaha the most famous runner in Pittsburgh! My cousin works for the YMCA there. :)

On the running and blending and being noticed:

I ignore everyone. There are a few people out there that are out at the same times as me and I think by now we are all familiar to each other. We always give a thumbs up or wave. That's like three people, lol. Other than that, if I am noticed, I prefer not to know and I prefer not to be spoken to. On Sunday, there was a man that got really close on my left, going the same direction as me, and he said, "You were REALLY hard to catch up with! I thought I'd never catch you! You are fast!" I said, "ohhhhhhh, okay? That's pretty weird to say!" Everything about it was weird. He wasn't a runner, according to appearance. Not in running garb and carrying a sack that had stuff in it, but probably not running stuff - it was very loose and hung off of him. Had he been there to run, he'd have been dressed for it???? Maybe? Definitely wasn't in running shoes and I never saw him run...

Anyway, all that is to say - I prefer to be left alone. As much as is possible. I try to notice nobody and hope nobody notices me. Strangest thing because when I started logging food and being a consistent person with running, it was about losing weight so I'd be happier and others would be happier with my appearance. But now it's just for me and I don't care if anyone else is happy with my appearance, rotfl.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

I like to think the same but lots of people know me as "that guy that runs by" -- despite the fact I have never spoken to them. Like the other day a dog barked at me and the owner came out to say that she did not know what got into the dog because "he never barks at you." I was sure I had never seen her before.

One time I was at a race and some guy pointed me out to his kid and said, "There's Vincent! He is like the most famous runner in Pittsburgh."

I remember you saying that... lol, it is interesting, isn't it? My last job was similar- 500 employees knew me because I got to teach everyone how to count (ir how to fill out inventory tickets) every year. I knew maybe 10% of them.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Yes, I typically run in my neighborhood every morning and not infrequently in the afternoon or evening and I've had conversations -- when I'm not running -- with people in the neighborhood who have said they recognize me or make jokes about not recognizing me without my visor. But even with all that, I still like to pretend I'm actually invisible when I'm running!

I will nod to people I see regularly or people wearing gear from my run club.

The most famous runner in Pittsburgh -- that's impressive!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options

Hahaha That's pretty impressive.

I lean more toward @shanaber s attitude about noticing people when I run. Of course, if I'm not running on my driveway, I am normally running on my rural road. I try to make sure that I see cars coming and that they see me. Also, I don't normally wear my glasses when I'm running, so I can't make out the faces. I wave and smile at everyone in case I know them. And, being in a small community, more than likely I do. I was doing a fast walk in my little town once on lunch break when some lady I didn't know rolled down her window and yelled, "You're doing great. Keep it up." I thought it was sweet.

• PastorVincent
    Options
    I lean more toward @shanaber s attitude about noticing people when I run. Of course, if I'm not running on my driveway, I am normally running on my rural road. I try to make sure that I see cars coming and that they see me. Also, I don't normally wear my glasses when I'm running, so I can't make out the faces. I wave and smile at everyone in case I know them. And, being in a small community, more than likely I do. I was doing a fast walk in my little town once on lunch break when some lady I didn't know rolled down her window and yelled, "You're doing great. Keep it up." I thought it was sweet.

See... for me one of the advantages of racing, is it is socially acceptable to run away from people! :)