Less Alcohol - JUNE 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    8 drinks/16 days.....got in my body pump workout (found an ok one on youtube) and ran and walked....now dead tired....

@looneycatblue : very sorry to hear sad news - sending wishes for strength....

Who is the trainer in that workout? I do all the Beach Body workouts and love them. Congrats on your AF days.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    shorepine wrote: »
    @looneycatblue I'm sorry for the bad news about your family friend. This time is so hard for older people, especially those in care facilities. I've been volunteering at a memory care facility here, bringing my horses. I walk around the building and let the residents look at the horses through the windows. It is so heartbreaking seeing them all inside, unable to receive visitors. They are so happy to see the horses though.
    This experience has led my heart to just ache overall for all the people in care facilities who cannot see family. :(

That is so cool about your horsres being therapy animals for the facility. They must appreciate that so much.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    @dawnbegethealthy I had heard of Fitness Marshall on the show My big fat fabulous life, I think she did a workout tour with him or something, I'll hafta check it out👍🏼 tired this morning I shoulda slept longer, 6:39 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful day 💗
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    @looneycatblue ,I'm sorry for your loss😔
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    8 drinks/16 days.....got in my body pump workout (found an ok one on youtube) and ran and walked....now dead tired....

Who is the trainer in that workout? I do all the Beach Body workouts and love them. Congrats on your AF days.

@MissMay : Mary Fulton Fit....I found her on youtube by searching under Body Pump...the classes seem the same as at the gym with similar music. She does it in her laundry room which is funny.
    Body Combat is now on youtube under Les Mills. I used to pay $9.99 a month for that but the class is on youtube for free. I only got thru 10min of that one - it's a real fat burner but intense...
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    8 drinks/18 days....I'm going to check out Fitness Marshall too...thanks for the tip @dawnbgethealthy ! I enjoyed your garden photos as well!

Goal this weekend is to stay relaxed, avoid Covid, exercise my butt off, and maybe visit our new local Korean supermarket that just opened up. I love international supermarkets. And I don't even know what 75% the food items in there are! Actually, it's a good weekend for some Korean BBQ chicken thighs. It's amazing. If we make it, will send you all the recipe and pix on Monday.
    Have a good one!
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Sigh...3 posts in a row this month vanished while typing...my garden mint is waist high...bring your mojito fixings...
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,559 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    @dawnbegethealthy I had heard of Fitness Marshall on the show My big fat fabulous life, I think she did a workout tour with him or something, I'll hafta check it out👍🏼 tired this morning I shoulda slept longer, 6:39 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful day 💗

Yes!! Her name is Alison. She is still fabulous, but has lost a whole bunch of the fat (from the hip-hop Zumba?). She is a great dancer. He is kind of hard to follow sometimes, so i follow her or Bria or Hayley. Actually there are a whole bunch of others too, but Hayley, Bria, and Alison are the stalwarts of the "show" plus him of course, Caleb Marshall. I am kind of addicted. It never ceases to put a smile on my face and a jump in my step. I am learning about modern music, and moving every single limb and muscle in my body. Love it!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,559 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Thanks for the garden compliments. I did not realize my photo was from very early this Spring when I attached it. When a few more Lilys open I will post another. I wish my plants provided a source of food for me. It is the deer and other critters that give them a taste daily to see if they pass inspection.

I am still in DVD workout mode @dawnbgethealthy. I have no internet hook up where I workout on my property so I have to keep an arsenal of DVDs at hand. I love the kick boxing workouts. Yup even at my ripe ole age.

FRIDAY.....MID JUNE......HOT BEAUTIFUL DAY PREDICTED........plan fo this evening--> no alcohol. Maybe a lovely watermelon kombucha in my copper mule mug( these mugs stay super super cold, even in the hot sun)😎

18 days of June / 17 AF
    Inside dining has opened up full force in our state now. Not feeling good about the inside experience with all of the other people from who knows where. Trying to keep husband from his old habit of bar hopping just to see what is going on with everyone. New times, new habits. Better safe than sick.

Oh yes. We have a lot of town deer in this little city, they have never lived in the bush, born in the town, the Moms take the babies around to people's gardens to show them where to feed. They mowed down my entire garden one year in under a couple of hours, all of that work and love...gone. The next year I netted everything because they can't chew through that, but it was no longer pleasurable to garden, the tops of the tomatoes would grow through the top of the netting to be eaten, when I was trying to weed, my crazy hair would get stuck in the netting and I would stand up bringing the garden with me and uprooting stuff. The next year I had a big fence built. Back to enjoying my garden immensely. My dill is thick right now, lemon basil, Tarragon. Chives are almost done, all in flower and attracting bees which is so great for the tomatoes and peppers.

Can't wait to see your Lillys!!

I used to love the kick-boxing videos. Good on you! We are so close in age, but I find now that they really bother my shoulders and hips lol. That sounds ridiculous because I am doing all of this Hip-Hop stuff, but that flows without jarring maybe?

I too am hesitant about the inside dining thing. Not for people in the community, but for tourists passing through town that might be unknowingly bringing the virus. The virus doesn't travel, people do. We are at zero cases in our town, I really don't want that to change, but there were so many cars around today, and out of province ones. I had hoped for no "second wave" but with people traveling about I am a bit scared.