Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Inspo for people that lost and gained again -post here-

Replies

• mita271mita271 Member Posts: 250 Member Member Posts: 250 Member
    Bump for inspiration ❤️
    We can do it again💪💪💪💪
  • mita271mita271 Member Posts: 250 Member Member Posts: 250 Member
    Ugh yes! 4 years ago I lost 30 pounds (went from 150 to 120). I was this beacon of health. But it got so obsessive and I crashed hard. Over the past 2 years, I put on 50 pounds (now 170) and have still been working through feelings of just utter shame and disappointment. I'm only 2 weeks back in the saddle, but I know I did it before (not as much weight), so I know I can do it again.

Really focusing on the words I choose when I talk to myself because for so long, it's just been negative. I'm trying to be different this time so I can make it a life long change with sustainable efforts.

Honestly, the hardest part was / is dealing with that complete shift in identities. I went from being SO healthy to being SO unhealthy. I could see and feel how people would treat me differently. "She really let herself go" is ALL I could hear.

I'm doing something about it now, so I know I'm heading in the right direction. Still sucks knowing I did this to myself :(!

You didn’t do this to urself , life did it , it happens as you can see to all of us , don’t blame urself , im sure there are a lot of amazing things that make people be unique and wonderful its not just about losing weight.
    Reading ur words reminded me of myself , I’ve done this to myself too , but you know what ? We deserve better !
    You can do it , you are already a success just for being here and trying ! You rock !

• laurosaurusrexlaurosaurusrex Member, Premium Posts: 18 Member Member, Premium Posts: 18 Member
    @mita271

Thank you so much for your kind words - they really mean more than you know! We do deserve better and we already took the hardest step which was recognizing where changes may be needed. You rock too!