Women 200lb+, Let's Shoot for the Moon this June!!!

Replies

• mmdeveau
    mmdeveau Posts: 107 Member
    Welcome all newcomers and hello to those joining again this month! I have been participating in this forum since January, but started lurking in November or December. I find this to be a helpful and supportive group of lovely ladies. I will likely post my goals later tonight, but there are so many posts, I wanted to address first.

I’m delayed because this past Monday I had my tooth extracted. It went as well as it could have, but getting back to my regular routine has been rough. Oh, #29, you will be missed!

@bluffgirl67 – So glad to see you back! I knew you were around but probably dealing with your feelings about your Momma.

@cesse72 – so happy to see you include those NEAT activities in your goals. I know you have to break your activities up into shorter blocks of time, and so much the better if you can do something productive as well! I hope things are on the mend for you and your family.

@orangequilt – I’m with you, I get a little anxious when I can’t control what I’m being served and I can understand why thinking it’s not worth tracking would be a reaction. There are a few reasons I would continue to track. First, it is a habit. One of these days you will get to eat what you want, and in my experience if you fall out of the habit it’s sometimes hard to re-establish. Particularly on MFP, since the more you log the easier it is if you’re eating the same foods. Second, I try to remind myself that even if I am being served food, it is still my choice as to how much I consume. I grew up used to eating everything on my plate. Logging helps keep me on track as a bit of a reminder that I am accountable for what actually makes it into my mouth. 🎈I haven’t read further, so someone else may have already addressed the emoji question. I use the web-based platform on my computer, and if you right-click in the area where you are composing your message, the Emoji option is the first option on the pop-up menu. If you are using the phone app, I believe that there is a button in the editing toolbar – but don’t quote me on it!🎈 I hope you get to eat exactly how you want real soon! 🤞

@finngirl61 – I know it’s frustrating that you only lost one pound last month. One of the things I’ve been trying to do is to improve my self-talk. In some ways it’s a small thing but I’ve found I have to be relentless in pursuing. I think it’s been the reason I’ve been successful this time. I honestly believe that, physically, losing weight is easy – I’ve done it so many times! It pales in comparison to facing underlying issues like realizing you’ve been your own worst enemy all this time, and not only with respect to weight loss. My weight was a symptom. Just eliminating the “only” and saying “I lost one pound last month” already sounds better to me! Treat yourself with the same compassion you offer to others!

@smithmns414 – Oof, May was a hard month for you. So sorry to hear your news. Hopefully the endocrinologist will be able to get a good plan for you and your husband!

Will probably have more responses later, I could only read a couple of pages…
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    MFP reset my calories automatically to a point that I know I can't do without feeling very deprived and unhappy. So I reset it. My state is slowly emerging from quarantine, but I'm also in the middle of the long muddled mess of moving house, and so I don't have a gym routine I can count on yet. (We're moving very near one, it's all good; we just don't take possession til the end of the month and we won't be moved until first week of July.) So for now I'll just muddle along at the calorie intake I was at, and take whatever weight loss I get from that, regardless of how much I've lost. I'll look at things again after we're moved and my family as a whole figures out what we're doing in terms of a gym schedule in August.

SO much painting to do in the new house. They painted a lot of the walls dark navy blue, and that will take a special primer coat before we can paint it the pale sand shade we like. (Pale sand walls, white trim and baseboards, walnut flooring. House has an original walnut staircase. Dark oak hardwood flooring that's original upstairs. Yum.)
  • Kelceybyers
    Kelceybyers Posts: 56 Member
    So glad to have found this group!! I need all the motivation I can find especially after gaining so much weight during the quarantine.

Kelcey
    51 years old
    SW: 244.8
    CW (6/3): 239.1
    GW for June: 225
    UGW: 135

I have been overweight for most of my adult life and I really just want to see what skinny feels like now. I had a very hard time during the quarantine....was very depressed and went to food for comfort. I look back at how much I spent on door dash and I'm ashamed.

I feel like so far I'm slowly gaining back the control and I've had a good week. I try to do just one more thing better than yesterday...whether it's just as simple as complimenting myself which is very difficult for me or walking 5 extra minutes on the treadmill.

I look forward to this journey with all of you!! Good luck!!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Joining back in after a year off MFP. Lost 50lbs last time. Regained it all over the course of an incredibly stressful year. Hoping to lose it again, & keep it off. I know it’s possible, I just have to get it done.

For June, my primary goal is moving away from stress habits (snacking on junk, over-consumption of caffeine) & get my appetite to start shrinking. Don’t have to worry about eating out or overly-busy schedules for now, so it’s a good time to start.

I’d like to be back down a pants size by the end of summer. Even better if I can get back into the ones I purchased last year (2 sizes down) but I’ll take whatever I can get.

We start lessons back up next week (homeschool). That will give a little structure back to our days, but also means I need to begin planning lunches ahead of time or I risk falling into the convenience trap. Going to start taking DS out to the river, too. Sitting at home so much has made us all lethargic.

SW: 245
    Goal 1: 220
    Goal 2: 200
    Goal 3: 185 **Previous LW**
    UGW: 140-170 (will reassess closer to goal)
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Weigh-in Wednesday

Highest weight: 435 (11/1/18)--lost 50 lbs. by the end of 2018 but got off track and gained back almost 31 lbs.
    SW: 415.8 (4/17/19)

5/31: 243.4
    6/3: 241.6
    6/10:
    6/17:
    6/24:
    6/30:

June GW: 236.1
    GW: 160 (then reevaluate)

Weekly exercise goals:
    - exercise bike 5 times per week - 5/5
    - short walking videos or treadmill twice a day 5 times per week - 5/5
    - strength training (including core specific exercises) 2 times per week - 2/2
    - chair yoga 4 times per week - 4/4

My trips to my parents started up again 2 weeks ago. Their doctor appointments had been postponed for the past couple months but are now resuming. They also put on hold all other errands. Just before the stay at home order started here, I showed my mom how to deposit a check (they still have one pension check that is not direct deposit) and order groceries online so I wasn't traveling to their city for those things anymore. (Instead I had many long phone calls with my mom because she was afraid she messed up something on their grocery order. :) She never did, though!) For a few weeks, it looks like I'll be there once a week. Then there are a couple weeks where I'll go there 2 or 3 times. I know they both want haircuts but I think they plan to wait a few more weeks for those. I've been taking my dad for his haircuts and other errands because he can't see well enough to drive anymore and my mom hasn't been feeling well enough to take him. Her oncologist told her to stop taking one of her prescriptions so we'll see if that helps. It just seems like when one thing appears to be resolved, something new comes up as far as her health is concerned.

I didn't get a bike ride in this past week but I did go on a short hike with my son. The mosquitoes were terrible! We only had one hot day (until now!) so I wasn't expecting they would be here already and so bad. Granted, we were on a nature trail in the woods but still... Now I know to take the repellent along!

Hope you all are doing well. Good luck creating new habits and achieving your goals!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,151 Member
    @mmdeveau thanks, yes you're right, i should keep up the habit of tracking even if it's guesswork.
    Welcome to all the newbies.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    mmdeveau wrote: »
    Welcome all newcomers and hello to those joining again this month! I have been participating in this forum since January, but started lurking in November or December. I find this to be a helpful and supportive group of lovely ladies. I will likely post my goals later tonight, but there are so many posts, I wanted to address first.

I’m delayed because this past Monday I had my tooth extracted. It went as well as it could have, but getting back to my regular routine has been rough. Oh, #29, you will be missed!

OUCH!!! 😬 Hope it heals quickly and painlessly!!